• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Does or does not Guzzi offer a centerstand for V7 III's?

Well, it along with ABS, is *mandatory* on Euro machines under a certain displacement. Hopefully one of our Euro readers will chime in with the facts.
I'm with you as to prefer it without, but I'll add for my rental fleet I'm happy it's on all of them with the exception of the TC, which you can easily turn off on all of them.

Perhaps I was misunderstood, I have no objection to ABS, even on my bikes.

Well, it along with ABS, is *mandatory* on Euro machines under a certain displacement. Hopefully one of our Euro readers will chime in with the facts.
I'm with you as to prefer it without, but I'll add for my rental fleet I'm happy it's on all of them with the exception of the TC, which you can easily turn off on all of them.

From Wiki: The European Commission passed legislation in 2012 that made the fitment with ABS for all new motorcycles above 125 cm3 to be mandatory from 1 January 2016.

It's a case of the EU telling all member nations what they must do because they, the EU leaders in Brussels, know what all motorcyclist need. That sucks!

Paul

Well over 50 years of riding experience, have not owned a 4 wheeled vehicle in 5 or 6 years now.
Ride everyday in all weather & temps.

ABS is disconnected on my 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour.
None of my other bikes have it.
And Yes I have over braked on both the Griso & the Vic, locked rear wheel & did the little fish tail thing.
Trouble with owning two completely different bikes is re-training muscle response.

As far as I am concerned it can be (note: Can Be) a crutch for poor riders & also can give new riders a false sense of security.

Learn how to ride & how to stop correctly without ABS, THEN ABS can help.

Computers will never replace a lifetime of learning & practicing.

Hmmmmm, noticed in the owners manual many places where they tell you to put the bike on the center stand. Those guys in Mandello, they forgot to put a center stand on my bike! I knew it.... :giggle:

Paul

Well, I'm only 65 with only 54 years behind bars and well more than a million kms behind me - but who's askin'? Any'ow, enough pissing up a wall. All these do dads are fine, I don't mind any of 'em. But the question is an either/or I thought. Given a choice I know I wouldn't pay actual money to have ABS or TC as optional extras. If the option was TC or ABS or a centre stand, I want the centre stand. I haven't had a bike on its side, for any reason, in a little over 34 years. Certainly been close a few times! As I said above, I've never had any of these new mod-cons, and consequently I learnt to ride. As for hitting all that stuff mentioned above which you blokes have littered all over your roads; up until recent years we were taught to keep our eyes open. The last time I fell off btw, I was riding my 1964 Lambretta when I encountered an oil slick in a corner - I didn't look properly.

In the US mountains and forest we sometimes have 180 degree curves and it not always possible to see road debris a few feet in front. Same goes for the critters, when they suddenly dart out of the forest just just a few feet from me I'm happy to have all the aids available to me.

A few years back was living in the Catskill Mt. of NY deer strikes are common. One evening 3 deer darted from the forest aiming at my buddy riding in from of me on his bagger. Before he could touch the brake the 1st jumped over him and is bike the second ran in the side of his bike just behind the rider, he never was it, knocking him over. The 23rd stomped on him and his bike as it ran over him and his bike. He was lucky to sustain only a few broken ribs, a broken arm, and a mild concussion. Many rider have been killed by deer or even moose in the NE part of the USA when they strike a deer and it comes over/through the windshield crushing the riders chest and breaking his neck.

Paul

Even with only 52 hp you'll appreciate TC when you enter a curve and find the unexpected, water, gravel, sand, oil spill, antifreeze spill, wet leafs, ice, snow, cow shit, goose shit, and all kind of flattened critters and other nasty things.

I'm usually able to add a center stand but no so with TC.

Paul
Regarding the TC, I find myself trying to see if I can get it to kick in. Like, I see a manhole in a turn and it's time to goose the throttle a bit whilst leaned over.

I have managed to ignite the TC light a couple of times. Hopefully the damn safety feature does not lure me into a crash.

FWIW Once the hardware for ABS is installed, TC is a "freebe", just a matter of software. It was already in the V7 ECU software.

Back