• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Who has LSL Flat track bars on their V7?

timax

Tuned and Synch'ed
In the quest to find the perfect fit im thinking i would like my bars to be a little higher and also back a little.
My dodgy measurements of the standard bars on my V7 Special would suggest a set of Low flat track bars that Tom sells here would fit the bill.
Has anyone fitted them or have any other suggestions? Any issues with cable length ?
Cheers Tim

https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/lsl-78-flat-track-bar-std-low/

I put the FT Low on our friend @Gruzzer '13 V7 Stone, plug and play no issues... and I put some crazy tall and wide ATV bars for our friend @Bobby (pic posted somewhere in this Forum section). Those took some simple cable re-routing.

So the Low FT bars are higher and pull back more than stock?
The ATV bars look too high for what im after.

IMG 2343 IMG 1852
So the Low FT bars are higher and pull back more than stock?
The ATV bars look too high for what im after.
Yes, higher and more pullback. It has been too many miles to give you a side by side comparison but I really like the setup.

Nice!
Now your going to have to tell me about your rear fender /tail light.
Thought you had a Bultaco mirror in that first shot.

The mirror is also an LSL :) Todd sells it here

The rear fender is from MAS Engineering. They have disappeared from the internet, mine was a gift so not sure exactly where it was procured. I think MAS now (anyone correct me if I am wrong) makes them for Moto Guzzi and sells them as an OEM part for a lot more $$$ (Part - 2S000147).

Tailight is from Lowbrow Customs "Cycle Standard Comet Tail Light"

I have TC Bros. Tracker handlebars on my V7III Special. 29" wide, 4.25" pull back and 5" rise, similar to the bars listed above. I really like them, less forward lean, more comfortable grip position for my 5' 7" size. No cable issues, just make sure they don't hang up anywhere, but there is enough room. Just push and pull on them to confirm not binding anywhere.

The mirror is also an LSL :) Todd sells it here

The rear fender is from MAS Engineering. They have disappeared from the internet, mine was a gift so not sure exactly where it was procured. I think MAS now (anyone correct me if I am wrong) makes them for Moto Guzzi and sells them as an OEM part for a lot more $$$ (Part - 2S000147).

Tailight is from Lowbrow Customs "Cycle Standard Comet Tail Light"

How is the taillight working to light the license plate? Any issues? I'm going to do Todds tail tiddy next and want a similar light by this company that now slips my mind, but it I don't think it'll light the plate.

How is the taillight working to light the license plate? Any issues? I'm going to do Todds tail tiddy next and want a similar light by this company that now slips my mind, but it I don't think it'll light the plate.

It has a light on the underside that illuminates the plate. The taillight also spills onto the plate given the angle.

I'm going to do Todds tail tiddy next and want a similar light by this company that now slips my mind, but it I don't think it'll light the plate.
All of my LED brake lights on the site here all have downward facing LEDs to light the plate.

All of my LED brake lights on the site here all have downward facing LEDs to light the plate.

Yeah, I definitely like your options. I may be fabricating my own seat cowl and if I go that rout, that will require a circular type to fit what I'm trying to do. But, I obviously would prefer yours for the ease of use and having the LED plate stuff - just depends on the direction I go.

This is my favourite tail light assembly bar none. Neat, tidy and unobtrusive. This is standard fitment on quite a few Suzuki dual sport models, inc the DR650 in Oz (not the USA). I use a LED bulb in mine - only blind Freddie could miss seeing it. I expect that this is what I'll be fitting onto my Gutz sometime early in its life.

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.procycle.us/images/bikepages/dr650/license-brkt-led-conv.jpg&imgrefurl=http://drriders.com/topic615.html&docid=xU2pXX7GOAQr0M&tbnid=3b7Wodt7gARRYM:&vet=10ahUKEwiolpvJtsbVAhWKmJQKHWS3DMQQMwhFKBYwFg..i&w=752&h=688&client=firefox-b-ab&bih=646&biw=1138&q=suzuki dr250 tail light&ved=0ahUKEwiolpvJtsbVAhWKmJQKHWS3DMQQMwhFKBYwFg&iact=mrc&uact=8

I'll still need a separate plate light, but there are many neat solutions out there. I use one of these now and will go the same way on the Gutz.

https://www.vicoffroad.com.au/truck...-30v-submersible-number-plate-light.html.html

Here's a link for anyone interested in buying one - about half way down the page.
https://procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html#electrical

Last edited:
Back