• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

I like the bars. I wonder if Bobber cables are any shorter (or if so, short enough to do you any good).

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to call my guzzi dealer on Tuesday and see if they have different part numbers.

Picked up my V9 on Monday, have put some bar end mirrors on, (stock mirrors just had to go) and Mivv pipes, taken the DB killer out but kept the baffle in, sounds amazing! Put 70 miles on it so far. Really liking this bike over anything ive previously rode so far :)
Went out for cruise around the coast this evening once the British rain had finally stopped.

IMAG04911 IMAG04831

The Bobber cables are in fact a different part number than the Roamer's. My local dealer didn't have them on hand so I'm not sure how much shorter they are, my guess is around 3".
Either way it was going to be about $160.00 in parts plus the time spent to swap everything over. Instead I made some "stealth" riser extensions.

Attachments

• IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1580.JPG
    IMG_1580.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 19
Waiting on the paint to dry. I can't wait to throw them on and get back to riding.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 22
Picked up my V9 on Monday,
Congrats Kris(!).... love to get your VIN# and the rest of the info for the first post of this thread. Post below or send to me direct email; Info at GuzziTech.com

Just wanted to randomly post after having read a bunch of threads.
I'm one of those people who only recently learned of MG. I've also just recently (2.5 years) got involved in motorcycles.
I went to the Red River rally in NM this year to lead/tail the demo rides for MG. I fell for the V9 Bobber and bought one about 3 weeks later.
After some reading today, turns out a lot of people had negative things to say about the styling when it came out. Lol
I'm just getting to the first service and ran across this site doing research and looking at pictures on instagram. Looks to be quite a place to get info.

That's about it for now.

IMG 4247

went to the Red River rally in NM this year to lead/tail the demo rides for MG. I fell for the V9 Bobber and bought one about 3 weeks later.
Well congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Famiglia! Hope you'll add your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Sure you'll enjoy it... post often.

I finally got some bar end mirrors mounted to my drag bars. Also my wife bought me this pannier bag for my birthday. Made by a company called Iron and Resin. It attaches/detaches quickly and comes with a strap to turn it into a messenger bag. It's great when riding to work or the grocery store, or doing light moto-camping.

Attachments

• IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 85
"4. Fit & finish is excellent EXCEPT that the handlebars are crooked. I don't know if it shows well in the 2nd picture above, but the right side handlebar riser is slightly rearward relative to the position of the left one, as though the top triple clamp isn't drilled correctly. I'm going to see if there's any slop in the holes that will allow me to align them correctly."

That was a misalignment of the bar? I was about to loosen the forks and straighten them out. I'll try your fix first.

"After some reading today, turns out a lot of people had negative things to say about the styling when it came out. Lol"

IMO, the first rule of MG riding is not to not to care what anyone else says about your choices.

"That was a misalignment of the bar? I was about to loosen the forks and straighten them out. I'll try your fix first." - Yep. It's fine now. After the first loosening and retightening of the bolts underneath the risers, it went back to crooked again, so I just turned the bars to full lock and pulled back on the "forward side" and it's stayed there.

"IMO, the first rule of MG riding is not to not to care what anyone else says about your choices." - Agreed. I've lost count of how many self-proclaimed "bikers" I've met who never even heard of Moto Guzzi.

"I've lost count of how many self-proclaimed "bikers" I've met who never even heard of Moto Guzzi."

So true, either they shake their heads or pretend to know what MG are and get it horribly wrong. If another Guzzi guy is around when this happens, I like to say "they're made by the same company that makes Vespas." That way, you inform the public and get to see a Guzzi guy's head explode lol.

Back