• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hi there im new to this site,i own a 2016 eldorado

markshannon

Just got it firing!
My question is ijust purchased and fitted a large moto guzzi screen for the Eldorado,and i went for a test ride yesterday,it was a bit windy and bike had no previous problems.Though when i road the Eldorado out onto the back roads the wind buffeting was deafaning.To the point that even ear protection under my helmet was still terrible.The screen and all attachements are Moto Guzzi and it is fitted correctly.I have owned several cruisers with similiar size screens and never a problem.Any thoughts please as the screen and fittings cost me $800.00 Australian dollars.Cheers Mark

Last edited:
My question is ijust purchased and fitted a large moto guzzi screen for the Eldorado,and i went for a test ride yesterday,it was a bit windy and bike had no previous problems.Though when i road the Eldorado out onto the back roads the wind buffeting was deafaning.To the point that even ear protection under my helmet was still terrible.The screen and all attachements are Moto Guzzi and it is fitted correctly.I have owned several cruisers with similiar size screens and never a problem.Any thoughts please as the screen and fittings cost me $800.00 Australian dollars.Cheers Mark

I have a Ca. 1400 Touring with the stock windscreen and had lots of buffeting when I got it. I added the Moto Guzzi fairing lowers which got rid of a lot of the buffeting and then added a Puig medium sized visor to the top which helped even more. The buffeting is pretty much gone. There is at least one or two threads on this forum wich I found helpful.

Hey Mark,
Buffeting is usually caused by a negative pressure zone behind the windscreen.

if possible try to play with the screen adjustment: how far back it tilts (too much directs wind at helmet)

if you can get the bottom of the screen either raised or pushed out a bit sometimes it will allow air to flow in behind the screen making a positive zone.
Harley solved the problem by drilling a hole in the wind screen & Victory designed their bikes with an opening at the base.

I have seen lips that were mounted at the top of the screen to deflect air & wings attached to the sides.

Sometimes ya just gotta play with stuff to get it right.

I just mounted a medium windscreen on my new Eldorado. I expected to get buffeting around my helmet but it also took the wind off my chest making it more comfortable at highway speeds. Lowers might help or a different helmet. But your height has a lot to do with it. Sometimes a lower screen works better. Trout is correct you just have to play with it,

You need these:

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=56695

No questions, just get them, install them and most of your problems will go away.

I bought a 2016 Eldorado in May. The dealer installed the California touring windshield. I saw a California that had the small winglets on each side under the bottom of the shield and asked him if they made much difference. He said they actually did improve airflow quite a bit so I had him put those on also before I took delivery. I am up 8,000 miles on the bike now, mostly high speed highway mileage and have had no complaints regarding wind buffiting. I am 6 feet tall.
Garwood.

I finally realized that the way I got rid of the nasty buffeting on my Eldo (medium screen), was a combination of wearing a full face helmet and subconsciously "scrunching' a bit behind the screen. Just a bit. Oh, and being a short arse really helps out a lot. When I stand up a bit on the floorboards the buffeting gets intense. I wouldn't want to be over 6' tall with this rig the way it is.

At first I experienced a lot of buffeting for sure.

I have a Ca. 1400 Touring with the stock windscreen and had lots of buffeting when I got it. I added the Moto Guzzi fairing lowers which got rid of a lot of the buffeting and then added a Puig medium sized visor to the top which helped even more. The buffeting is pretty much gone. There is at least one or two threads on this forum wich I found helpful.
Cheers Curt i shall investigate furth

I finally realized that the way I got rid of the nasty buffeting on my Eldo (medium screen), was a combination of wearing a full face helmet and subconsciously "scrunching' a bit behind the screen. Just a bit. Oh, and being a short arse really helps out a lot. When I stand up a bit on the floorboards the buffeting gets intense. I wouldn't want to be over 6' tall with this rig the way it is.

cheers for information,i shall try your suggestions cheers mark

Hey Mark,
Buffeting is usually caused by a negative pressure zone behind the windscreen.

if possible try to play with the screen adjustment: how far back it tilts (too much directs wind at helmet)

if you can get the bottom of the screen either raised or pushed out a bit sometimes it will allow air to flow in behind the screen making a positive zone.
Harley solved the problem by drilling a hole in the wind screen & Victory designed their bikes with an opening at the base.

I have seen lips that were mounted at the top of the screen to deflect air & wings attached to the sides.

Sometimes ya just gotta play with stuff to get it right.
Hi Trout thanks for reply,i have no adjustment in screen,unless i fabricate an extention
to the current bottom screen bracket. i may be able to pack out the bolt holes to lift screen up??? i shall take your suggestions onboard and try them out.Cheers Mark

I bought a 2016 Eldorado in May. The dealer installed the California touring windshield. I saw a California that had the small winglets on each side under the bottom of the shield and asked him if they made much difference. He said they actually did improve airflow quite a bit so I had him put those on also before I took delivery. I am up 8,000 miles on the bike now, mostly high speed highway mileage and have had no complaints regarding wind buffiting. I am 6 feet tall.
Garwood.
Cheers Garwood i shall try these out most appreciated

Sell the barn door and get the fly screen - looks a lot better and no buffeting.

Sell the barn door and get the fly screen - looks a lot better and no buffeting.
Totally second that - I fitted the short Guzzi screen that I got from AF1 to my Audace and it works great, no real buffeting, but there is some wind in your face which is nice in hotter weather. I guess you could think about getting the screen, or cutting down what you have. Screen

Back