• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III - Has arrived

I haven't ridden the V7 II, but I guess it is the same motor as the Breva 750. The new engine of V7 III is noticeably more powerful. And I am sure that if you change the exhausts and re-flash the ECU it the difference will be even better.

Well no, the V7C had "the same" motor as the B7, but my V7 I felt noticeably different than the V7C in back to back rides.

And I'm told by those familiar with the V7 I that the 6-spd made the V7II feel different still.

Now all that said I suspect the hemi head on the V7III will make a difference and the dealer is telling Moto a line to make the sale.

I figured it was dealer talk too but a $3400AUD saving over the yet to be released model in Oz was worth it. My first experience of the V7ii is very similar to Kofiko on the iii. It's just a simple fun bike to ride. That low down torque is great but perhaps the iii has more of it at highway speeds. I read MG changed the ratio of 1st and 6th gear which is probably a good thing. I haven't gone over 5000rpm yet but revs approximately on100km at about 3800rpm and 120kmh at around 4300rpm.

Love the green stripe @Kofiko . A couple of friends who have had a ride on mine them coming from sport and track bikes as well as an 1800cc cruiser have come back with beaming smiles on their dial. I think it's the simplicity and that low down torque that grabs them plus the classic look.

I've got no qualms about the amount of power my 2013 Stone makes.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the right II or III and wouldn't worry about the differences between them.

Does anyone know if the clutch problem reported on the V7 II last year is solved for the new version of this gorgeous bike ?

Does anyone know if the clutch problem reported on the V7 II last year is solved for the new version of this gorgeous bike ?

If you're talking about the thrust washer issue (an engine issue that manifests itself in clutch adjustment) it appears to be an assembly error that seems to have effected only one short run of V7IIs. Fwiw I've not yet seen a report of a III being effected and I believe the later IIs were fine.

I think Todd was trying to narrow down the effected VIN range but I don't know if he's gotten far yet.

I'm not worried about it but that said I aim to clock up the K's(miles) before warranty expires on my V7II just in case.

I wouldn't worry about it on the new V7III. From what I heard they put the guy responsible for that issue in the brake assembly department for the new model. ;) :)

I put down deposit on a new V7 III Special in blue yesterday! My Portland dealer just sold the blue one he had and he only had a black on the floor. Equally attractive tho, I had to have the blue one. They tell me end of June. That gives me time to sell my Kawasaki Z650 with only 2700 miles.

All,

Couple more things to add about the V7 III Special after 350 miles:
-- over 60 miles/gallon with larger tank means easy range 180+ miles, I like that a lot
-- handling on fast sweepers excellent, nice tracking machine, same with stiff winds, it is stable
--neutral issue completely fixed with proper clutch adjust
--engine is a dream, fantastic for cruising 75-80, more hp and flat-higher torque really improve fast and long distance riding--more upright bars a huge improvement (for my tastes) compared to Racer cafe bars--6 speed is superb
-- adjust my score for the bike to 9 out of 10, and it is a looker, (got the grin thumbs up from a cager this morning) and lots of bang for buck-- a very affordable all rounder, extremely capable, extremely rugged and well engineered.

I think I am going to film a proper youtube video review for the V7 III. Not much is out there. Luigi can thank me later.

Hello all,
I am new to this community and the Moto Guzzi brand. After an exhaustive search to find a new bike I have placed an order for a 2017 V7iii special. I will be picking her up this Saturday, August 19th. I am excited about this motorbike and the experience it will bring.

All,

-- over 60 miles/gallon with larger tank means easy range 180+ miles, I like that a lot
-- handling on fast sweepers excellent, nice tracking machine, same with stiff winds, it is stable
--engine is a dream, fantastic for cruising 75-80, more hp and flat-higher torque really improve fast and long distance riding--more upright bars a huge improvement (for my tastes) compared to Racer cafe bars--6 speed is superb
-- adjust my score for the bike to 9 out of 10, and it is a looker, (got the grin thumbs up from a cager this morning) and lots of bang for buck-- a very affordable all rounder, extremely capable, extremely rugged and well engineered.

I think I am going to film a proper youtube video review for the V7 III. Not much is out there. Luigi can thank me later.

Lucy dad - nice review. I want a test ride.

Re: range - 5.5 gallons x 60 mpg = 330 miles. I should think 250 miles with 1/4 tank still remaining would be quite comfortable.

Have you ridden a V7 II for comparison? Thoughts?

Hello all,
I am new to this community and the Moto Guzzi brand. After an exhaustive search to find a new bike I have placed an order for a 2017 V7iii special. I will be picking her up this Saturday, August 19th. I am excited about this motorbike and the experience it will bring.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a terrific bike. I can't find any faults with mine.

Lucy dad - nice review. I want a test ride.

Re: range - 5.5 gallons x 60 mpg = 330 miles. I should think 250 miles with 1/4 tank still remaining would be quite comfortable.

I fill up on the sidestand to the bottom of the steel basket at the filler. Low fuel light comes on around 185 miles, and pushing things the other day, bike died out of gas next to a gas station showing 63 miles. I put in 5.3 gallons.

Now, CA gas does seem to return poor mpg figures.

Is there more gas if you tilt the bike one side or the other?

Never had a V7 II, but my V7 I Racer averaged 50 m/gallon, maybe a bit more depending. Had to push higher RPM to keep 70-80 mph.
My Special is still breaking in. I tend not to run past low fuel light due to sparsity of gas stations where I normally ride: rural Texas.

All,

Just curious if you've done a video -- I'd love to see it. I am trying to decide whether to buy one of the new V7iii's or not, and as you say there is not much out there in video form. Thanks!

Just curious how people find the foot peg location on the V7iii. I test rode one, briefly, and they kept bothering me when stopped. Placement seemed to be exactly were my ankles wanted to be. I just couldn't figure out whether to put my feet in front of or behind them. Anyone experience this? And if so, did you figure it out, or get used to it? Thanks.

Just curious how people find the foot peg location on the V7iii. I test rode one, briefly, and they kept bothering me when stopped. Placement seemed to be exactly were my ankles wanted to be. I just couldn't figure out whether to put my feet in front of or behind them. Anyone experience this? And if so, did you figure it out, or get used to it? Thanks.
I know I have this experience with the V7-I. Always right where my feet want to be.

No problem for me, after a few stop and goes muscle memory kicked in, now
I can't even tell you where I place my feet. Each of my 4 bike have different ergonomics and after a few stops on any of them everything just works right...... even at the ripe old age the of 73!!!!

Paul

Last edited:
I'd also be interested to know if anyone has replaced those big old pipes on the V7iii with something a little bit lighter and a little bit louder... and if so, pics would be much welcome! I've seen some of the available options (Mistral, etc) which look good. I'd also be interested in something straighter, like you see on the original V7 for example.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone has replaced those big old pipes on the V7iii with something a little bit lighter and a little bit louder... and if so, pics would be much welcome! I've seen some of the available options (Mistral, etc) which look good. I'd also be interested in something straighter, like you see on the original V7 for example.
You mean something like this? ;) https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/posts/132907/

Back