• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stornello Tail Light Upgrade

Spackler

Just got it firing!
GT Famiglia
I don't care for the OE tail light on my Stornello but I have not been able to find a replacement that mounts easily and looks good. Todd has a nice looking tail tidy for the V9 and If there is enough interest he will look into a similar version that will work with the Stornello mounting. Any interest in a tail tidy for the Stornello?

I am not especially interested.

You don't like the taillight or the entire assembly, i.e., that along with the turn signals?

The taillight is fine IMO, but I do not understand why the Stornello, which is otherwise a high-quality machine, has rigid stalks on its fore and aft turn signals. Other V7's seem to have the more flexible stalks. Having recently knocked off one of my EV's in the garage I am sensitive to the issue. One would think that a pseudo-scrambler model would have the flexible ones.

Bill

It's the whole tail light, turn signals and plate holder assembly that I don't like. To me it looks like it was meant for another bike and was added at the last minute. I'm looking for something that is a bit cleaner and fits the retro look I think the Stornello is trying to achieve.

Agree with you that it seems odd that the signal mounts are ridged. A rubber stem would make more sense.

Looks like I may be the only one who doesn't like the OE tail light assembly on the Stornello. I'll try one more time before I admit defeat. Any Stornello owners interested in a GT improved tail light assembly?

Looks like I may be the only one who doesn't like the OE tail light assembly on the Stornello. I'll try one more time before I admit defeat. Any Stornello owners interested in a GT improved tail light assembly?

If there was a way to do the tail tidy that Todd offers mixed with the V9 option, I'd be all about it. Especially that V9 light that's being offered. It's dreamy.

Hey, I've only had it a month or two and never even thought of it 'til you mentioned it, and I was out of town and away from it when you did. Just got home. Will take a critical look tomorrow. That said, I tend to be a "stock is just fine" kind of guy, especially with things Italian, as I think most Italian kids in an asilo have more artisic talent than I do, so I just tend to defer to the Mandello designers.

I am, however, open to your and others' ideas .. if any there be.

Bill

OK, so that makes 3 interested, or maybe 2-1/2. I know there are more Stornello owners on the forum, anybody else interested?

If there was a way to do the tail tidy that Todd offers mixed with the V9 option, I'd be all about it. Especially that V9 light that's being offered. It's dreamy.

I like the light on the GT V9 version too. Just need a bracket that marries the light to the bike.

I am looking for something like this (image from BAAK). Cleaner tail. But I'd like the number plate on the side. Any similar sets out there?

PS. I noticed that the US version of the turn signal differ from the Euro/Italian version, here they are circular and chrome colored (still plastic though).

Skarmavbild 2017 09 09 kl 193815

Last edited:
I am looking for something like this (image from BAAK). Cleaner tail. But I'd like the number plate on the side. Any similar sets out there?

PS. I noticed that the US version of the turn signal differ from the Euro/Italian version, here they are circular and chrome colored (still plastic though).

PSView attachment 13371 noticed that the US turn signals differs from the European version.

Todd offers one that is awesome and creates a storage. That doesn't put the plate on the side. Many side plates are illegal depending on your state from what I understand. I saw some guy in Europe somewhere took Todd's kit and then built a plate thing that goes down below over the wheel like some of the ducati's. It was really sweet looking.

Thanks, I'll have a look for sure. A Euro problem is VAT and shipping but combining some of Todds offers could do the trick. I find the Stornello remarkably complete but here are some initial thoughts after a week of owning one...

(sry for the yellow)
Skarmavbild 2017 09 09 kl 205922

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have a look for sure. A Euro problem is VAT and shipping but combining some of Todds attractive offers could do the trick. I find the Stornello remarkably complete but here are some initial thoughts after a week of owning one...

(sry for the yellow)
View attachment 13373
I completely agree on the Stornello. Think it's beautiful as all can be in the guzzi's.

Thought on the VAT. Definitely find the extra storage in Todds as a big bonus to all the rest.

If I can get a Stornello in my shop in Orange for a day soon, I can offer something up. Anyone reading this up for it?

Todd, If you can't get a local owner to bring their bike in I would be willing to ship you the support that the tail light mounts to.

Todd, If you can't get a local owner to bring their bike in I would be willing to ship you the support that the tail light mounts to.
Appreciated, but I'd need a bike to set the brake light angle, etc.

Bringing this back to the top again as I now have my CNC plasma machine in house to make some of these. All I need is a loaner Stornello for a few days in O.C./SoCal. Takers?

Back