• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Knight Designs Lowered Pegs

decotriumph

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
With a 34" inseam and a bum left leg, sometimes the peg-to-seat distance on my Stelvio was a little too tight in that it forced me to bend my left leg a little more than was comfortable on an otherwise extremely comfortable motorcycle. It wasn't the case every day, but sometimes. So, I ordered a set of Knight Design lowered foot pegs (1-3/8 inches lower) and their lowered toe pegs to go with them. I finally got around to putting them on last night. I like 'em! They give me the relief I need and they are really nicely crafted.

I spent over an hour looking for the retaining clip that went sailing across the garage floor when I took the old right peg off since I needed it to install the new ones! I finally found it. Good thing as there was nowhere in my town to get one on a Saturday night!

Before:

After:

Oh the irony... I sold those here on this site for almost 4 years... never a post like this on them. I pulled them because people seem to go around me to buy them anyway, and the posts start flowing. Oy.

Oh the irony... I sold those here on this site for almost 4 years... never a post like this on them. I pull them because people seem to go around me to buy them anyway, and the posts start flowing. Oy.

Isn't that always the way? I checked and double-checked to see if you had them before I ordered. I would have rather given you the biz, Todd.

OMG!
I was searching something like that lowered lever tips for long time!
I'm going to order it immediately, I hope that they can ship them to Europe.

Thanks Decotriumph! :clap:

I've been using the knight designs pegs now for 20,000 miles on my Griso and one of the things I've noticed is you have to point your foot inward to pickup the shifter. Going down is not hard just going up. When my 22 year old son rides the Griso he has a real problem with it. I attribute it to a "spreading effect" of the drop pegs.

I don't know how stock pegs work because I've never used them.

I haven't noticed any problem and I went straight from the stock ones to the KD. Do you have the dropped shifter peg, too?

I've been using the knight designs pegs now for 20,000 miles on my Griso and one of the things I've noticed is you have to point your foot inward to pickup the shifter. Going down is not hard just going up. When my 22 year old son rides the Griso he has a real problem with it. I attribute it to a "spreading effect" of the drop pegs.

I don't know how stock pegs work because I've never used them.

I compared the stock shifter and brake pegs to the Knight Design ones today. The Knight Design pegs are about 3/8" longer than the stock ones.

Do you mean the tip or the peg rest? As I see from the second photo you posted, the peg is in a fixed position. I'm missing something?

I have the rotate-able toe piece.

What I'm talking about is the spread (called Q-factor on bicycles) between the pegs. With stock pegs and gripping the sides of the bike (I ride that way from horses) your boots are more inboard so the extension of the toe peg is enough. With the knight system you're forced to be outside of the drop portion which spreads your feet another inch on each side. I was looking at extending the shifter peg by drilling, tapping and adding a bolt but now I think I'll just get some aluminum straight pegs and see how they work.

The same happens even with the Touratech pegs (the ones I've used until now).

I think it depends also from how much "large" is your body. Or I'm wrong?

Back