• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rear hub fill for 2015 V7 Stone?

Charles

Just got it firing!
Hi guys,

I'm new to this particular forum, but joined as I'm severely confused on how to correct a mistake I made when attempting to change the ENGINE oil on my V7 Stone.

I did change the Engine oil correctly, but realized after getting home and hopping online to "double check" my work that I had made a mistake. I also drained the rear hub oil, and only got about .25 litres out of it but am very concerned as I can't find a couple of things

1) where to refill this
2) what to refill it with

Additionally, I was at my fathers place doing all of this as he has the tools, which is about 8 miles away and drove home after having drained this rear hub oil. I didn't encounter any issues with shifting or driving.

All the terminology I'm referring to came from this PDF: http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/ocp-v750_d7.pdf

Which is not even the right manual for my bike (this appears to be V7 II ABS)

I thought it was odd that they didn't include enough crush washers in this kit I purchased, until I realized that I drained the wrong thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Refill w/ 85/140 gear oil. 170cc in rear fill plug on backside of drive, it takes a big allen wrench.

There are shop manuals on this site for download, on the R/H side on screen.

Thanks for such a quick reply V700Steve. I've ordered an oil replacement kit with the proper washers and seal online. Do you think I've done major damage by riding 8 miles with no oil in the rear hub?

Thanks

Thanks for such a quick reply V700Steve. I've ordered an oil replacement kit with the proper washers and seal online. Do you think I've done major damage by riding 8 miles with no oil in the rear hub?

Thanks

Some wear, but it shouldn't be catastrophic. That said, you should be whipped with a limp strand of spaghetti!!

lol thanks John. I agree, what a stupid mistake to make.

Sorry to rehash this but does anyone know what the torque should be for the drain plug? I realized that the mechanic that previously did work on the bike didn't tighten it enough and it was leaking.

Thanks!

16-18 ftlbs cold.

Although I have not done that drain plug myself, your value seems a bit high tbh...16~18 ftlbs translate to 22~24 NM

it is only a small screw that goes into an aluminum casing and I was told not to gorilla it and snug would do just fine.

Maybe some more experience guys here can chime in?

Although I have not done that drain plug myself, your value seems a bit high tbh...16~18 ftlbs translate to 22~24 NM

it is only a small screw that goes into an aluminum casing and I was told not to gorilla it and snug would do just fine.

Maybe some more experience guys here can chime in?

Steve is about as experienced as it gets. My bet is he quoted the factory specification. That said, I don't go that tight. I use a bit of wrench art from experience. I just snug them up and haven't had one leak yet.

Steve is about as experienced as it gets. My bet is he quoted the factory specification. That said, I don't go that tight. I use a bit of wrench at from experience. I just snug them up and haven't had one leak yet.
Thanks John

Ya I am not questioning his experience but rather want to clarify if I am mistaken....

Would like to learn the right thing once instead of fixing the broken mistakes twice

16 - 18 ft/lbs is only slightly tighter than a spark plug.
I usually do that kind of torque by holding the wrench right near the head to limit how hard I can tighten, It is not a lot.

Back