• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oh it has a fan

Oddly enough, I installed a direct switch to the fan, Its not working either. I will have to investigate my installed switch this weekend. I still aim to change the sensor to ensure a fail safe.

Hi Wroom, can you provide me with the part number you ordered from AF1? I do have an issue no fan running, today in heavy traffic it got really hot idling, I noticed the red flashing triangle on the dash. I immediately shut the engine for about 5 mins restarted no flashing triangle. I need to be sure that senor is functional. THX Mike
Hey Mike,

Here's the link to the switch I got: af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=65748

Hope it solves your problem!

For my Eldorado I got a dipstick with temp guage from the bikahaulics group in England,
its about 12.00 its plug and play.
BUT it has a red warning area and thats at 110C right where the Guzzi runs in stop and go with ambient temps of 85F.;
while cruising on the freeway it will run at 80C ,
and in hot stop and go with more stop it will run at 130C

My fan runs all the time in stop and go. It doesn't have to be 90, more like 80 degrees and above. It's easy to miss when the engine is running, but if I shut down then turn the ignition on it runs.

Oddly enough, I installed a direct switch to the fan, Its not working either. I will have to investigate my installed switch this weekend. I still aim to change the sensor to ensure a fail safe.

Check that you haven't got some tar and stones thrown up into the fan. These horrible little critters stopped the fan on my bike once.

FYI...Neither one of my 1400s fan have worked...or if they did I could not hear them...
Likewise...cant say I have ever heard it and did not come on after a 25 mile spirited ride as a test.

Like others will probably just set up a switch to manually to turn it on.

BTW...which is the "HOT" inlet side of the cooler the right or the left?? Would love to set up a small oil temp gauge off the inlet side.

I've had my Eldo nearly two years and 25,000 kms, last sunday I stopped for fuel after a long slow trip through traffic, turned the bike back on and heard an unusual noise which turned out to be the fan working, first time I have ever heard it. It's not loud and there's no way you would hear it with the motor running.

I just got around to installing an on/off switch to manually control the oil cooler fan. Wired into the dedicated fan fused circuit so no trouble overloading circuits. I only plan to use it if required in city stop and go traffic. Still not sure why the fan never powers up on its own, will have to get around to order and change the thermostat or sensor.View attachment 10637
Mine has quit as well (can't say I have ever heard it?). Only now I get the SERVICE light with red triangle. It clears after restart and is intermittent thereafter. Took it to the dealer and diagnosed Engine Temp. Checked the fan, works fine. Ordered the Thermoelectric switch, backordered for up to 2 months! I would love to do what you did. Can you provide more details when you can? Thanks!!

If you get tired of waiting, I can have one in 7~10 business days or less. I can put it on the online STORE linked at the top of the page if interested. Ping me direct email if so; info @GuzziTech.com
Appreciate it, I installed a switch I use in stop and go or slow. I’ll run it after a hot ride for a bit as well. I like being able to use it when I think it needs it! Lost faith in the Thermetrics.

I have one in stock, and added it to the STORE tab above and direct here;

Last edited:
That didn't last long.
I've ordered another. As stated above, if you want one, email direct to request one; Info @GuzziTech.com - no one did of course. ;)

Back