• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re:Stelvio out and about pics here...

kwn306 wrote:
Is there anyway to increase the fuel mileage in the cold weather? Cover up part of the oil cooler to warm the engine up? I wonder why there is such a drastic swing in the fuel consumption? Most of the fellows in Eroupe are reporting high 30's to low 40's.
Ask again when I have it broken in. I also may have the idle mixture trim way high.

I have around 5500 miles on the clock and with mixed riding seem to be averaging 40-50 miles per gallon.
The check for which is when I ran out of petrol at 195 miles and could only get around 17 litres in, thats approx 3.8 Imperial Gallons giving 50 mpg.

kwn306 wrote:
That is based on the internal computer, which I have yet to get a chance to verify.
Hopefully with a few more break in miles and warmer weather, it will get better.

It will get better with warmer temps. FYI my Griso computer registers mileage consistently 4-6 MPG less than what I calculate at fill-up but still remains accurate on the mileage to empty function:unsure:
Part of the charm and charactor

pbears wrote:
I have around 5500 miles on the clock and with mixed riding seem to be averaging 40-50 miles per gallon.
The check for which is when I ran out of petrol at 195 miles and could only get around 17 litres in, thats approx 3.8 Imperial Gallons giving 50 mpg.

17 liters = 4.490924867 US gallons

4.490924867 gallons into 195 miles = 43.42 mpg

I can live with that :laugh:

I never reached 170 miles with full tank riding alone. Am I too fast or too unlucky? Today I organize a meeting with Stelvio owners in Santiago de Chile. Will compare experiences and organize trips around volcans, lakes, Andes mountain, deserts.... Sometimes I meet german or english groups riding BMW GS. Chile is spectacular for this kind of bikes.

bike envy or not.... Had a GSer stay for 5 days last week got in some excellent riding here in the central massif did a 10 hour daytrip and took in 9 Chateaux in one day along the Richard the Lion Heart route (100 years War castles) Northern Dordogne.

rr002.jpg

lacb001.jpg

stelvio001.jpg

Hi nomad

Looks super:)

How did that German tractor keep up with such a beautiful red Italian stallion:laugh: :laugh:

Loftyjohn

it wasn't as agile as the Stelvio and a tad heavier less acceleration too... He wasn't your typical GSA rider he could actually ride well :unsure:

Well Guys, I was riding the other day when I ran out of Gas. I luckely was in the Canyons so I was able to roll down the hill all the way into a gas station. I only got 143 miles out of a full tank. And this was freeway riding. I can maybe get 135 miles in the city. :unsure:

nomad posted:
lacb001.jpg

The S is a big bike, but the GS looks positively beastly next to it.

Hello Stelvisti.
I am new here and see your fuelconsumption is written down in mpg.
Wondering if you talk about UK or US gallons ?

My Stelvio now has 2040 km's or 1268 miles on it.
My average fuelconsumption fully packed up, sidepanniers, topcase and with mix of touring and sporty riding is:

in US gallons -- 35,29 mpg
in UK gallons -- 42,38 mpg
in Dutch -- 1:15 (or 15 km on 1 liter)

Ciao........Louis

Louis wrote:
Hello Stelvisti.
I am new here and see your fuelconsumption is written down in mpg.
Wondering if you talk about UK or US gallons ?

My Stelvio now has 2040 km's or 1268 miles on it.
My average fuelconsumption fully packed up, sidepanniers, topcase and with mix of touring and sporty riding is:

in US gallons -- 35,29 mpg
in UK gallons -- 42,38 mpg
in Dutch -- 1:15 (or 15 km on 1 liter)

Ciao........Louis
Stelvio_gepakt_01c-b4a0ef69ee46f9aa63d8caa733c86a76.jpg

I have 2500 miles on my beast, loaded down, kinda like your picture here I get 35 USA mpg and that is highway super slabing at 75 - 80 mph, backroads I get 38 - 39 USA mpg and that is at 35 - 60 mph, twisties and rolling hills and 3000' mountains here in Virginia.

My only complaints with the bike is the poor fuel mileage, fast wearing tires and rock hard seat.:angry:

I could live with the last complaint if the fuel mileage came up to 40+ mpg and the rear tire would last 9K - 12K miles.:S

I need the rear wheel off a NTX...........someone please get me the part #, those Tourance's will get much better tire wear.

I hate these boring roads. I used to avoid this stuff that I would see on my GPS, now I ride it.

Could you help me out here, I have trouble reading what that centre line means ... and what side of it one is supposed to be :silly:

Just a couple of pics of me in Scotland and the Hardknott pass

Wayne Orwig wrote:
I hate these boring roads. I used to avoid this stuff that I would see on my GPS, now I ride it.
I rode them on my Jackal, but the Stelvio is much better suited for sure. ;)

RacerX wrote:
Wayne Orwig wrote:
I rode them on my Jackal, but the Stelvio is much better suited for sure. ;)

StelvWeb_TE536779180.jpg

Great pic :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

kwn306 wrote:
Great pic :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Thanks, but credit to my photog... though it's a typical photo that doesn't show any elevation (how steep that climb is). Plenty more, better photos, coming in my ride review, which I'll post to this list too when done.

Back