• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is it normal that I have to warm up my V7II 2016?

frnco

Tuned and Synch'ed
Every day when I get my bike form a local garage the bike seems to need a couple of minutes to warm up properly...

this is what usually happens
1. engine On
2. I start the engine
3. bike is in Neutral
4. I open the throttle... If I open it a lot... the engine dies.
5. I start it again, now it seems to work better and I can ride away

sometimes I use another procedure:
1. engine On
2. I start the engine
3. bike is in Neutral
4. I open the throttle just . little bit to reach 2k rpm or so...
5. push to 1st gear
5. leave the friction lever a little bit the bike starts moving...
6. the more i push the throttle the bikes seems coughing...
7...sometimes...kinda dangerous the bikes seems to wake up of all the sudden

It's only after starts when the engine is stone cold.
it never happens if i ride for errands in the city and stop and go. only when engine is completely cold or still for at least 6-7 hours hours.

is there anything wrong with the injection of gas?? it seems it doesn have anought gas or maybe there is air in the pipes??

it seems that every night i leave my bike still for 8-12 hours something happens...something dries out?
i still have the warranty but maybe is something that I can try/do?

Thanks

Last edited:
nice but 500$... ouch...i'd better go to my dealership as long as I have the warranty...
Nothing to do with warranty being able to help you. My box should extend the warranty.
I heard good thing about this FAT DUC?...have anybody used it?
Does not work at all on '13+ V7, and on the older bikes, it only works at low speed throttle only. You get what you pay for.
"Windows only" :banghead: :swear:
Yes, sucks as I'm mostly a Mac guy too, but I've bought a bunch on Netbooks to do this job.

I've invested a tremendous amount of money and time in this to make it right. You can waste time and money rolling the dice on products that don't work and whine and complain, or spend the money once and be done with it. I don't know why people would risk such a sizable investment that your life and well-being count on, in using products that don't show or prove their work. But to each their own.

I believe that tool is cool and super-helpful...but the pricepoint is not easy to digest...especially not having a windows pc...

maybe i can find a mechanic in NY with the same tool? you should license it to mechanics! ;)

Hey frnco, Just my 2 cents here.
I went thru exactly what you are going thru when I bought my first new bike: a 2011 Guzzi Black Eagle.
The bike felt like it had so much potential but wasn't delivering.

The thing that twisted me up was the fact that I had bought a new bike because I no longer wanted to mess with keeping an old bike (my Avatar) on the road.
So I buy the new bike & then I'm going to have to spend a $1000 bucks to "fix" it?????

That model bike wasn't as easy as your V7III!
I had to buy a reflashed ECU plus a Power Commander with auto tune & that was about double your cost.

I put it off for a while but finally broke down & called Todd.
I didn't like spending that money on top of the price of the bike BUT in the long run it was worth it.

I now have a 2013 Griso with Todd's exhaust & fuel mods & could not be happier.
From idle to red line comes so quick that it has taken me some time to quit hitting the rev limiter.

Bite the bullet, save up some bucks or borrow it but once it's done you will be happy.

The great thing about Todd's system is this: he can always send you a new map designed for your bike with your mods & your riding style.
You will not get that from any place else.

i definitely want to change the exhausts and i love the short mufflers here... so the Flash tool can be handy... it just bothers me that i have to find/borrow a Windows PC ! argh...

Well if you lived down here in sunny/rainy/hot/humid Florida you could use one of my laptops.

Seriously check out tigerdirect.com
I bought 4) refurbished, off lease, business HP's that have worked flawlessly everyday in a business for 4 years.
Paid $199.00 each!!!.

i definitely want to change the exhausts and i love the short mufflers here... so the Flash tool can be handy... it just bothers me that i have to find/borrow a Windows PC ! argh...
I feel your pain - sincerely!! I'm a Linux bloke (but only because IBM orphaned OS/2 :mad:). However, virtual machines are a doddle to set up and Win7 runs better inside Linux than it does native. VM software is readily available for Apple.

I feel your pain - sincerely!! I'm a Linux bloke (but only because IBM orphaned OS/2 :mad:). However, virtual machines are a doddle to set up and Win7 runs better inside Linux than it does native. VM software is readily available for Apple.

Man i sure miss OS/2. installed it a few years ago for nostalgia sake, will it run in a vm? have an esxi server here running at about 1% capacity.

You have your answer if you read all the posts.
The fat duc is not going to solve your problem.
Sorry, sometimes the truth stinks.

You have your answer if you read all the posts.
The fat duc is not going to solve your problem.
Sorry, sometimes the truth stinks.
there are plenty of users who are actually happy with it... if you read the entire forum maybe

Back