• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC-V & AutoTune 300 on Cal 14

Ha ha. I can see it now Blakbird. You come back from a little solo ride and your wife asks you if you were out playing around in Veloce. "No sweetheart i was in Tourismo the whole time. I promise." "Yeah sure Blaky, you been cheating on me. Lol.

So true.

But it's either that or suffer in geezer mode while waitng for the high notes when her 250 Rebel announces every gear shift.

Installed the PC-V, AT 300 and ECU remap, already had V performance pipes and K&N. Installation was pretty straight forward, took me around 4 hours with no issues. Followed all the set up instructions and then exchanged maps with Todd as he looked at how it was running and made corrections as required...all very easy and great support from Todd. End result, its like having an 1800cc big bore kit fitted, if you are on the fence about doing this, trust me its worth every dollar.

I already have the remap etc and have been looking at the V-Performance mufflers (solely because they are homologated). Which ones do you have fitted and do you run them with the db killers installed.

I already have the remap etc and have been looking at the V-Performance mufflers (solely because they are homologated). Which ones do you have fitted and do you run them with the db killers installed.

I only put the db killers in there once a year for the vehicle inspection, its loud with them out, but sounds amazing. IMO they also fit well with the look of the bike. Only issue I have had is that the end caps were plated which started peeling off, so just removed the plating and polished them.
20170812 111449 1502596534898 resized

Ok so first ride with the fuel map and I'm seeing under 30mpg. I'm at 100 miles from full and the gas light is on, in Turismo mode which seems a little excessive. Not riding that aggressively either. So am I looking at 120 miles on a tank? How many miles are people getting until empty?

Last edited:
Depends how you are riding it, and the air temps. 4.5 gallon tank, 35-40 mpgs is normal. Don't focus on the light, as it comes on way early. Calculate gallons used and mileage.

I installed my PCV and AutoTune yesterday. Took me 15 hours (wouldn't recommend if you don't know these bikes). I finished up by calibrating the throttle postitions and my o2 sensor on the left side (facing forward) starting smoking. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Did you follow the guide w/wiring? Was it wiring smoking or coming from the inner pipe?

My installations were w/M15 and 5AM so not much help. Paul might chime in he installed his or his son.

I've never done any work on any motorcycle, however, after many sessions of trial and error I did everything according to the instructions. It only happened the first time I fired up the bike. It has since stopped. I can't ride the bike yet cause I haven't gotten my new map back from Todd yet, but it seems like it may have been some residual grease or something else. Seems I posted out of shear terror that I had ruined my bike because of inexperience. But I think all is well. Thanks Steve.

It's pretty difficult to ruin a Guzzi. The one I did I had a file already upon install. They all worked out fine. After around 6 runs w/autotune was about great.

I've never done any work on any motorcycle, however, after many sessions of trial and error I did everything according to the instructions. It only happened the first time I fired up the bike. It has since stopped. I can't ride the bike yet cause I haven't gotten my new map back from Todd yet, but it seems like it may have been some residual grease or something else. Seems I posted out of shear terror that I had ruined my bike because of inexperience. But I think all is well. Thanks Steve.
Working it up now for you. As stated in the instructions, DO NOT RUN the bike until you have the ECU flash done, it will cause many issues. I'll chat via email.

You wont be disappointed once Todd gets it tuned, you'll have a really good improvement in performance and a great sense of satisfaction that you installed it yourself. Good luck and enjoy.

Just did this to my 2014 Cali. No exhaust mods yet, my h pipe has been welded. I’m a one year owner of the two owner bike. It’s old, yes, fixed some issues via the forum here, then installed the fuel system mods, and I can say it truly is night and day. I don’t like loud sharp exhaust, and I ride two up on this, and Canada dollar and taxes bring the pretty, full exhaust knocking on 4000 dollars. That is my largest problem getting the exhaust, because with no dealers present within 6-7 hours, I would have to keep this forever. I may end up doing that anyway, and if I do I’ll likely get the header set up to avoid other exhaust issues. Great site, contributors and products! Found my new bike to love.

Curious as to what companies/suppliers make a tuner for the 1400 series.

Low post count, so you're fairly new here. I have several threads in this section dedicated to exactly this, and if you click on the (GTM) STORE tab opt of page and sort by model under Fueling, you'll find the link below. be sure to read the reviews there and on the topics in this section. Nothing else compares. It's a handful of money, but like all good things, they cost $ on an expensive big motorcycle.
I've combined your post with this thread. Start from the beginning and read down.

Back