• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

more sound for EV 11...??

Antonella

Just got it firing!
Scored a cheap EV11 in decent shape, runs like a sewing machine...well its a GUZZI.....lol
Just cant hear it, after 10 years of Sportster and Fat Boy sound....I guess I am a bit hearing impaired!!
How can I fix that, want to hear that cool GUZZI sound.....new Lafranconis would help, but no cash on hand.
If I drill baffles: can I do that without messing with the fuel injection? What would be the best way to drill...or is there more elegant ways to do so??? Thanks folks!!

Drilling the baffles would probably require fuel map modification. If the bike still has the pre-muffler you can usually replace that with an H pipe and get a better sound out of the bike without re-mapping the ECU or any other fueling mods. That said, fueling packages from the store tab would probably help, but if you can't swing the Lafranconis, probably out of the question for you.

Well I have used the Dunstall replica's with the removable baffles.
The ones that have the removable baffles are not packed with fiberglass from the factory.
So you get a choice of three different sounds.

The one I liked best was with baffles & packing.
My brother who leans more towards "Loud & Proud" liked it without baffles.

There was decel popping until I packed it.

I have 2 rods in a corner of the shop, 1= 1/2" sharpened, 2= 3/4" sharpened and a 5 lb sledge. Wamm w/both and it's done. Used on many a Guzzi since 84.

I have 2 rods in a corner of the shop, 1= 1/2" sharpened, 2= 3/4" sharpened and a 5 lb sledge. Wamm w/both and it's done. Used on many a Guzzi since 84.
Steve, it works, kind of. The baffles tend to rattle in short order. Drilling is best. Sound is OK. Once you see a stock muffler cut apart, you'll wonder how it even runs.

I like the Cali Mistrals I have on. They resemble the stock mufflers and are fairly quiet at lower rpm. As rpms increase, they seem to flow better than stock as the power from 4500-7000 is noticeably better. Also, no fueling mods needed.

Also, no fueling mods needed.
Please don't state that. More like, "It seems to run OK without knowing any of the air/fuel data."
Fact is they run 100% better when fueled properly. Either with my GT 15M ECU flash or Power Commander. Both are offered in the Store, online tab above.

FACT, my Cali 1400 runs better with the GT fuelling mods, reflash etc.
Would I like some more sound? Yes I would and when funds permit I would like to replace the mufflers probably with V-Performance units. I have seen many posts on YouTube etc regarding drilling/modifying mufflers for more sound and if that's your thing crack on. I for one am of the opinion if you can't afford to do it properly, wait until you can.

Back