• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio Suspension specs

ghezzi

High Miler
GT Contributor
Anybody out there replaced their Bella shock,

I would love to know such things as length eye-to-eye.
Stroke length etc.

Would love an Ohlins with all the bling, remote pre-load, height adjustable and low/high speed comp & re.

I can notice the difference in ride quality since fitting new (lighter) exhaust system.

Does the part # match any of the other CARC Guzzi?

Sorry Todd, don't have access to parts list for comparison.
Would imagine swingarm and linkages are same, but different frame and I believe lower spec shock than other models could equal different length/stroke/spring.

Will Jack and measure eye-to-eye this weekend, but cannot determine stroke length unless I dis-assemble it.

All of the Parts Manuals are under the Downloads tab at top. I just compared it to the Norge and Griso, and it was different, so I can't be of much help. Had they been the same, I have both OEM shocks sitting in my shop.

Best bet would be to ship the stock unit to Öhlins and have them build/spec one. Be sure to post as you go.

Hi Todd, Bella files are pdf. which I can download and open.
Griso and Sport are winzip which I can't, and need to pay for.

Interestingly, Bella specs mention;

Rear Wheel Travel 120mm
Rear Wheel Travel (Luxury) 61mm. ????? Please explain.

Another thing, any part # starting with AP means it is an Aprilia part (you probably know that)
Bella shares rear brake light switch with an RS250 (AP8112996) ................ and so on.

ghezzi said:
Interestingly, Bella specs mention;
Rear Wheel Travel 120mm
Rear Wheel Travel (Luxury) 61mm. ????? Please explain.

The "Luxury" as I understand it, has a lower(ed) overall (seat) height. I couldn't tell you why this is something that people would like, outside of those vertically challenged.

yeah its been noticed that the later bellagios have noticeably lower rear ends..

first is the later version (and which has the 'comfort seat') next to the matt black original
fetch.php

There are two types of Bellagio shock absorbers. The old Bellagio with the Chrome tank badges had the long shock the Lux and the Nera had the short suspension.

The part numbers are:

Shock absorber LUX 883114
Shock absorber BASE 977872

The Lux travel is 61mm the Base is 120mm

The Lux is 287 mm

1 883114 Ammortizzatore mm 287 1 Anno: 2008[8]Colore: Grigio/bianco 2008[gr/wh], rosso/bianco 2008[r/wh]

Specifiche Tecniche:Versione "Luxury"[LUX]
1 883114 Ammortizzatore mm 287 1 Anno: 2009[9]
Colore:Aquila Nera 2009[b.eagle]

1 977872 Ammortizzatore 1 Anno: 2007[7], 2008[8]
Colore: Nero 2007-2008[black]
Specifiche Tecniche:Versione "Base"[BASE}

Also curious about the spring rate, I'm 100kg in gear.
With preload wound totally off there is zero static sag, does this mean spring is too hard/stiff?

New exhaust and battery saving about 10kg in weight.

Bike needs more rear ride height for better/quicker turn in,
other than new shock are there alternative linkage set ups?

Standard shock measures 310mm eye-to-eye, with about a 40mm stroke before contact with rubber bump stop.

There are two types of Bellagio shock absorbers. The old Bellagio with the Chrome tank badges had the long shock the Lux and the Nera had the short suspension.

The part numbers are:

Shock absorber LUX 883114
Shock absorber BASE 977872

The Lux travel is 61mm the Base is 120mm

The Lux is 287 mm

1 883114 Ammortizzatore mm 287 1 Anno: 2008[8]Colore: Grigio/bianco 2008[gr/wh], rosso/bianco 2008[r/wh]

Specifiche Tecniche:Versione "Luxury"[LUX]
1 883114 Ammortizzatore mm 287 1 Anno: 2009[9]
Colore:Aquila Nera 2009[b.eagle]

1 977872 Ammortizzatore 1 Anno: 2007[7], 2008[8]
Colore: Nero 2007-2008[black]
Specifiche Tecniche:Versione "Base"[BASE}

My apologies for responding to a very old thread, but having just purchased a 2009 Bellagio myself and noticing the lower seating height, I investigated online and came acoss this Forum. I would dearly like to have an answer about exchanging the rear shock for the longer one which was fitted on the older or non-luxury versions of Bellagio. Is it possible to just swap out the shock, or does the linkage have to be changed as well. Is it even possible to do this or does this alter the geometry negatively.

Thanks.

Plug and play. No other changes required.
Finding one of these older shocks at an affordable price is proving tough, I´d look for an alternative Guzzi or even a Wilbers, but I need to know the eye to eye length of the shock, I know the shorter Luxury version is 287mm, can anyone supply the length of the older longer one please?

Back