• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2018 Guzzi models

Is confirmed: 80 CV of power and good torque at low rpms.
Also, they should provide an NTX version, more offroad oriented (maybe with a 21" wheel at the front).

It's a strange design.... maybe I like it! :D
B Moto Guzzi Concept V85 2 1

The biggest italian motorcycle magazine (i.e. "Motociclismo") reports 80 CV at the engine transmission shaft. I have no idea what is the power at the rear wheel. Usually you have to calculate 10-12% less.

Is confirmed: 80 CV of power and good torque at low rpms.
Also, they should provide an NTX version, more offroad oriented (maybe with a 21" wheel at the front).

It's a strange design.... maybe I like it! :D
View attachment 13825

This might be my favorite bike they make. I thing it's just gorgeous. I'm afraid to know the price when ever that gets announced.

So what name do you give it?
I have voted/proposed V85 "Nibbio".
It's a bird of prey living in Spain, Italy, Germany and north Africa. He loves absolutely wide open spaces.
Furthermore, "Nibbio" is a charachter of the historical novel "I Promessi Sposi", by Alessandro Manzoni.
"Griso" was a charachter of that novel too.

So much for the excitement of a new engine!
Ever the optimist, I hoped that the once great Moto Guzzi might announce a water cooled v-twin with sporting ambitions.
Let down again.....
How refreshing would it be to look to the future instead of updating the past.

I have voted/proposed V85 "Nibbio".
It's a bird of prey living in Spain, Italy, Germany and north Africa. He loves absolutely wide open spaces.
Furthermore, "Nibbio" is a charachter of the historical novel "I Promessi Sposi", by Alessandro Manzoni.
"Griso" was a charachter of that novel too.

I love this name. That's fun. The only thing I struggle with is when my eyes see it I want to say - "Nah - BeeBo" Which I realize it isn't that, but my eyes deceive me when I try to read that.

Remember that the first Le Mans was rated at 80 hp. Rear wheel hp has been in the 57/58 hp range on the Dynojet dyno's that I have seen.
Not a fan of red frames and/or yellow shocks I do like the green version 23456412 10214126161808978 3029334744198206041 o 23275576 10211117015947796 7143495182407341687 o

Looks neat, but it's not my kinda bike. I'm a dedicated cafe racer rider.
Put the bigger engine, more brakes, etc, into a Racer and my ears will tingle. :D

I love the look of it. I hope it is better then the bike it borrows it’s engine from. I also hope it is 80hp. Love the bike.

Rumors from the factory:
  • the wet-weight should be around 220kg with half tank filled (BMW GS800 wet-weight is around 210kg)
  • the covers of the heads are from an old V7 experiment, they are not the definitive one 'cause they want try to get some CVs more
  • price should be max 12k, but it could raise up to 13.5k if they decide to mount the high-costing Öhlins components.

Looks neat, but it's not my kinda bike. I'm a dedicated cafe racer rider.
Put the bigger engine, more brakes, etc, into a Racer and my ears will tingle. :D
Yeh, me too. My ol' DR650 will be hard to beat in the adventurer tourer/dual sport class.

Rumors from the factory:
  • the wet-weight should be around 220kg with half tank filled (BMW GS800 wet-weight is around 210kg)
  • the covers of the heads are from an old V7 experiment, they are not the definitive one 'cause they want try to get some CVs more
  • price should be max 12k, but it could raise up to 13.5k if they decide to mount the high-costing Öhlins components.

Hi gimpo, these are great news. A price of 12K euros would be great, considering the direct competition. My estimate is that they won't go with the Öhlins components, at least for a "base" version. They could offer a high-spec as well though.
You mentioned earlier that it should be put on the production-line next summer. Is this a factory rumor as well? I mean, coming spring I was thinking of getting a new motorcycle, but if this comes out during summer I can wait a few months more. Or if it is going to be a 2019 model I will go for the V7 III Milano :D

Back