• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heated Grips for MGX

Now that the cold weather has hit us in the northern hem, has anyone come up with a solution to this problem of heated grips for the Cal1400 and the mgx
Just got a pair a Keis heated gloves and I hate them, it's like wearing astronaut gloves no dexterity whatsoever

Have you considered Oxford heated grips? I've got them on my Griso 1200SE and V7-III Stone. They have their own control panel, so don't integrate with the MGX panel.

Unless Moto Guzzi are supplying heated grips for the MGX, I don't like your chances getting anything that will integrate.

Have you considered Oxford heated grips? I've got them on my Griso 1200SE and V7-III Stone. They have their own control panel, so don't integrate with the MGX panel.

Unless Moto Guzzi are supplying heated grips for the MGX, I don't like your chances getting anything that will integrate.

Thanks Kiwi, I can't use Oxford grips as my throttle can not be swapped over to Oxford grip because of all the electrics incased on the throttle with it being fully ridebywire as mentioned in prevous feedback on this thread.

Hopeing someone may have come up with an alternative proven way of doing it
I have looked at these but not sure if it will work or not
https://www.windingroads.co.uk/symtec-heat-demon/heated-grips-uk?page=1

I have no experience with the California, but I have a hard time believing that the grip rubber itself is integral to the ride by wire system. I can understand the throttle tube being wired in, but the grip rubber itself should be able to be removed from the tube and replaced with an oxford.

Just take a closer look at the actual grip to see if it can be peeled back. I just looked a the price of a new RH grip from AF1 racing and it is only $27 so not likely any electronics attached to that.

The Oxford grip has a hard interior with ribs, which I ground off before sliding over the existing throttle tube. The only bit you would be removing is the grip rubber itself.

Those heaters from windingroads will work under your existing grips, but I've never been impressed with the amount of warmth these type appear to be capable of producing. Just my experience with the ones I installed on a California Vintage.

The Oxford grip has a hard interior with ribs, which I ground off before sliding over the existing throttle tube. The only bit you would be removing is the grip rubber itself.

Those heaters from windingroads will work under your existing grips, but I've never been impressed with the amount of warmth these type appear to be capable of producing. Just my experience with the ones I installed on a California Vintage.

Other way around. The ribs are on the throttle tube and the inside of the oxfords are smooth. The ribs on the throttle tube need to be removed. At least on my setup. Also the Oxfords should work without issue with the onboard heated grip controller.

Other way around. The ribs are on the throttle tube and the inside of the oxfords are smooth. The ribs on the throttle tube need to be removed. At least on my setup. Also the Oxfords should work without issue with the onboard heated grip controller.

Yes, you are right, the ribs were on the throttle tube.

But I'm not sure that the Oxfords would work with the MGX dashboard, if Moto Guzzi don't supply heated grips, then it's unlikely that there would be any supporting software. That's the situation, and why I installed Oxfords with their controllers on my Griso and V7-III Stone.

And I'd be wary of running the Oxford grips from the Guzzi dashboard, as they take about twice the current of the the Guzzi heated grips (that are supplied for other models). Sure, you probably have made this work, but it will be an expensive mistake if the excess current takes out the dashboard.

So if I am getting this right, Do I have to grind the ribs off the throttle tube on the bike NOT the Oxford grips
Can I get a replacment throttle tube if it does not work out to reinstate the original grips back on the bike

I would use the heat control that comes with the Oxford grip not wire in to the dash
I would get the cruiser Oxford grips if no problem with fit size
BTW Thanks everyone for your help

I have heated grips on my MGX that I just purchased. I did not install them but I believe they are Heat Demons. They just go under the grip. They use a replacement for the clutch or brake perch bracket for the controls. I used them on a Harley before and that is how I recognized them.

Last edited:
FInally have a result here on my E4 california 2017 model
this weekend I have fitted the Oxford touring hotgrips OF691
removing the original grips was easy, no need the cut them off
just used long flat end screwdriver up the tube and sprayed wd40 up
let it soak in for a minute and twisted the old grips off with out any damage
new grips install
the length of the grips is spot on, no need to trim
the clutch side diameter was ok just needed to glue it in place with glue provided in kit
throttle side I had to sand down the plastic tube on the bike as the grip was tight, and burr the endof the tube not too much
to take off just enough so I could slide the grip on, very snoog fit (no trimming)
happy with out come in the end
BUT why my Guzzi dealer told me that there was no grips on the market to fit my bike and I would have
to go down heated gloves route is beyond me, I will be returning the groves in due course
Once again thanks for all the help in this thread

Glad it worked out for you. The heat demons wrap on the bars and can be used with the factory grips. If you do not notice the controller the replaces the clutch perch you would not know they are there. Don't know why the dealer wouldn't know about them.

FInally have a result here on my E4 california 2017 model
this weekend I have fitted the Oxford touring hotgrips OF691
removing the original grips was easy, no need the cut them off
just used long flat end screwdriver up the tube and sprayed wd40 up
let it soak in for a minute and twisted the old grips off with out any damage
new grips install
the length of the grips is spot on, no need to trim
the clutch side diameter was ok just needed to glue it in place with glue provided in kit
throttle side I had to sand down the plastic tube on the bike as the grip was tight, and burr the endof the tube not too much
to take off just enough so I could slide the grip on, very snoog fit (no trimming)
happy with out come in the end
BUT why my Guzzi dealer told me that there was no grips on the market to fit my bike and I would have
to go down heated gloves route is beyond me, I will be returning the groves in due course
Once again thanks for all the help in this thread
Caswain,
I'v just mounted the same Oxford hotgrip touring.
Directly connected on the original guzzi connectors, and switch on with the small button on the left and I have the function on the dash board. And it works well .
Many thanks Caswain
Vizir

Last edited:
1400 touring, 2018 . Oxford grip touring .
I 'll try to post some photos :)

Last edited:
Interesting, yes, please post some photos when you get a chance. I'm looking to install either Koso or Oxford grips soon myself.

Dave

Interesting, yes, please post some photos when you get a chance. I'm looking to install either Koso or Oxford grips soon myself.

Dave
I'have just tested today my Oxford because it's cold in Paris : very good product.

Last edited:
Back