• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7 III Exhaust options & Dyno runs

Man o man! They look and sound stunning!! Can't wait to see some polished ss ones on my new (soon) V7iii Special.
What brand/model pannier racks are those you have?

Wow...I had almost convinced myself to go the brush. But Wow..that does look nice when polished!! So I may have to reconsider! :)

IMG 2840

I got my GT-Rx SS Black V7III GP Megs yesterday. Amazing change - the sound and the looks hit you first. Then when you climb on the bike and pull off the driveway you instantly notice that the power delivery is more smooth and as you accelerate you just feel the torque at all gears and all RPMs. The ride was fun before but now it really is awesome. When you will finally get off the bike you will notice a huge grin on your face.

Hi all,

Had the GP Megs on for a little while now so about time I comment :) . When I look back at pics of my bike when I first got it compared to now, the original mufflers now just look so out of place. Can now walk around the bike in my shed when pottering without bashing into the mufflers that used to just stick out, they were massive! When swapping them out I couldn't believe the weight difference! The GP Megs suit the bike so much more. Plus they look so different to a lot of the other offerings by others for this bike, which all look very similar to each other. These GP Megs stand out, I think just look that much cooler when compared to those others. ... After getting the bike back after the first service, the service department manager mentioned the boys in the shop approved :)

Now the sound. I love the thumping idle. Makes me think of a hard rock drummer really giving his skins a good bashing. Love it. I also love the sound when decelerating at speed, not sure how to describe it, just that nice deep twin sound. And obviously there's an appropriate aggressive growl on throttle openings!!

These are probably the loudest pipes I've owned, so my initial thought was maybe a tad too loud. Having said that however, I thought my last bike wasn't loud enough! Now though, on the bike, hearing that thumping idle coupled with that Guzzi engine vibes at idle, can't help but think to myself "this is cool". The sounds suits the bike. It sounds like it should.

Here are some pics, hopefully give a good view from multiple angles...For more pics check out the newer ones in my flickr album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/iamthefinn/albums/72157684039848883

Still on stock fueling...Have just ordered the ECU reflasher tool, just waiting for restocking before I can get my hands on it. In the meantime, I know there is a dyno graph on this site for V7 III with GP Megs and stock fueling, but are there any with GP Megs and after ECU remapping?

Cheers!

37725841671 0bc1a8f74f z 37055740753 1a410a5a71 z 36814865434 4b30a57cbc z 36814850484 5445fd4a62 z 37266593190 689ccc36cc z 37376475442 95208c0050 z

I know there is a dyno graph on this site for V7 III with GP Megs and stock fueling, but are there any with GP Megs and after ECU remapping?
I didn't have time to do the dyno run... spent all the time mapping it. You'll simply see a smoother graph plot, with the dips filled in. That's likely about it.

Hi all,

Had the GP Megs on for a little while now so about time I comment :) . When I look back at pics of my bike when I first got it compared to now, the original mufflers now just look so out of place. Can now walk around the bike in my shed when pottering without bashing into the mufflers that used to just stick out, they were massive! When swapping them out I couldn't believe the weight difference! The GP Megs suit the bike so much more. Plus they look so different to a lot of the other offerings by others for this bike, which all look very similar to each other. These GP Megs stand out, I think just look that much cooler when compared to those others. ... After getting the bike back after the first service, the service department manager mentioned the boys in the shop approved :)

Now the sound. I love the thumping idle. Makes me think of a hard rock drummer really giving his skins a good bashing. Love it. I also love the sound when decelerating at speed, not sure how to describe it, just that nice deep twin sound. And obviously there's an appropriate aggressive growl on throttle openings!!

These are probably the loudest pipes I've owned, so my initial thought was maybe a tad too loud. Having said that however, I thought my last bike wasn't loud enough! Now though, on the bike, hearing that thumping idle coupled with that Guzzi engine vibes at idle, can't help but think to myself "this is cool". The sounds suits the bike. It sounds like it should.

Here are some pics, hopefully give a good view from multiple angles...For more pics check out the newer ones in my flickr album:

Still on stock fueling...Have just ordered the ECU reflasher tool, just waiting for restocking before I can get my hands on it. In the meantime, I know there is a dyno graph on this site for V7 III with GP Megs and stock fueling, but are there any with GP Megs and after ECU remapping?

Cheers!

View attachment 13836 View attachment 13837 View attachment 13838 View attachment 13839 View attachment 13840 View attachment 13841

Very nice pics! And thanks for the report. Would love to see/hear a video of the new pipes, if possible... thanks!

New owner, new exhaust, 1st post...

Purchased the Megs on a work trip out to LA a couple days back, installed them last night. They look and sound amazing, videos can't do them justice. The GT guys are awesome... Not to mention Todd, a very patient soul with all my questions.

For those installing themselves, I had a fitment issue on the left side. The factory system was canted slightly toward the right side of the bike. This made installing the clamp on the left side virtually impossible to fit between the exhaust and kickstand/frame section. With Todd's advice, this was easily resolved by loosening exhaust at the heads and cross pipe which allowed everything to "true up". For clarification, this was not an issue with the Megs but the OEM system.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Cheers!

View attachment 13836 View attachment 13837 View attachment 13838 View attachment 13839 View attachment 13840 View attachment 13841

What I want...

Nine sets of V7 III Stone/Special/Anniversario GTM systems ready to go. Black coated or polished systems just a few days extra.

9E5D02CE 31F1 455D 8F65 75A145BA4AA0

Todd - do you have any these you could post?

3 perfect ones would be:
1. Stock V7 III zero mods stock map
2. V7 III remap but still stock intake/exhaust
3. V7 III with exhaust mod and remap

On my V7 III Racer I am pretty impressed with the stock map & running. But I come from a world of Ducatis and KTMs that have had pretty bad running bikes (fueling map issues and somewhat light flywheels) ... like trying to maintain a steady 35 mph. So I'm sure the stock V7 III is lean, but it seems to run very well (no stumbles or hiccups, warms up quickly, etc).

I am planning for an exhaust and your remap after my first service ... but just curious how much the mapping would help a stock bike. Like would it be worth getting the mapping tool now, loading a better map in with the bike totally stock, then update the map again after getting a new exhaust on?

Thanks!

Todd - do you have any these you could post?

3 perfect ones would be:
1. Stock V7 III zero mods stock map
2. V7 III remap but still stock intake/exhaust
3. V7 III with exhaust mod and remap

On my V7 III Racer I am pretty impressed with the stock map & running. But I come from a world of Ducatis and KTMs that have had pretty bad running bikes (fueling map issues and somewhat light flywheels) ... like trying to maintain a steady 35 mph. So I'm sure the stock V7 III is lean, but it seems to run very well (no stumbles or hiccups, warms up quickly, etc).

I am planning for an exhaust and your remap after my first service ... but just curious how much the mapping would help a stock bike. Like would it be worth getting the mapping tool now, loading a better map in with the bike totally stock, then update the map again after getting a new exhaust on?

Thanks!

Most of your musings will be satisfied here on this thread.

I agree though, that those 3 charts would be of interest to me.

David, I suspect you might want to ride mine to see the difference. The stock setup is pretty good, for sure; better than the V7II from what I've heard, but I've never ridden one of those either stock or modified. However, there's just no comparison to how the remapped fueling works—either with just the stock mufflers and everything else completely stock, and especially with good after market mufflers. Really. :D

(The 2017 Ducati Scrambler I owned for three months had absolutely the worst, most inconsistent and irritating, low speed throttle response of any motorcycle I've ever owned. And that included after I had gotten an ECU tool for it and had tried two different maps that everyone was raving about. It just sucked, was one of the reasons I got rid of that bike. Life's too short to fight with a machine like that...)

Back