• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BB TONTI REGISTRY and pic thread

1976 850 LeMans
Frame number VE11111 (verified)
Engine number VE070072
Alfred Wilson
San Diego Ca.

All, like in the other sections and just for fun. A Registry of California 1100's listed below. Post all of your info in this thread, as formatted below, and I'll update the list as we go...

LMs:
LM Series II, Frame# 13233, Engine ID: VE*072470* DOP 14/01/1980, and 8/01/1985 Purchase price £1,699 From Hyde Motorcycles Horsham W.Sussex UK.

Vin: ZGUKDC4KD1M185106
2001 Stone Metal
Purchased 2006 in Geelong Vic.
Conan Maguire. Townsville Australia

Was standard at time of purchase, with panniers, running boards & big screen etc. And was the perfect bike for my 950km weekly commute.
Since moving north to Townsville, I've done a few mods & I will list a few below.
Bobbed rear guard
Reprofiled seat
Camshaft (from Mike Rich Motorsports), aftermarket (std size) valves, cleaned up ports and skimmed head for improved squish & compression, and copper head gaskets.
Homemade exhaust with balance pipe (wrap is to hide my poor welding!)
Custom mufflers
Ikon rear shockers
Triumph Thruxton front guard & Speed Triple handlebars
*Built to a strict budget over time, so please excuse the rough edges! As rough as it looks close up, it is a great bike to ride (& I ride plenty of bikes as a mechanic) and has never once broken down in 70,000-odd kilometres.

IMG 0030 IMG 0031 IMG 0033

Vin: ZGUKDC4KD1M185106
2001 Stone Metal
Congrats! Welcome to the GT Forum, and thanks for posting.
The '00-02 California Series will remain one of my all time favorites... and a sport-ified one even more as I've done to mine too. Curious as to what you've done to sort the fueling with those mods? Any dyno graphs to share?

Thank you.
Aside from a K&N air filter and a 'holey' air box lid, I'm currently running standard fuelling due to financial constraints, however I'm considering shouting myself a Power Commander for Christmas.
A part of the delay has been due to the cost of paying for a dyno tune since our workshop one died a couple of years ago and finding another reputable operator.
As it stands, the engine idles well and runs really strongly at the top of the rev range. I do feel that there is plenty of improvement to be had in the mid range. That said, I've surprised plenty of riders who underestimate the performance and handling of a Moto Guzzi!
As soon as I get the bike dyno' I will post the results.

Todd,
Here's the two Tontis as requested. Hope all is well.

Pat

1984 Lemans III: VIN# ZGUFAVF3EM100324 Purchased in 2016, Pat Williams, Keene, Ca.

IMG 0819

1977 T3 VIN# 103366 Purchased in 2016 also residing in Keene, Ca.

IMG 2088

*Just updating the pictures that were lost from Photobucket

Both bikes came out of the Bay Area.

98 EV1100. 7800 original miles bought 13JAN2018. Full circle. The First Guzzi I ever owned was a 98 EV1100 I bought in 99! Forgot how much I liked them. If only my legs were 2" longer! Is weird lifting foot to brake.
VIN ZGUKDBKD0WM113020
Blue goose

Last edited:
For the last 8 or 9 years I have owned a 2001 Stone, kept in good running order thanks to the information available on this forum.
Tweaks include airbox lid cut away with a K&N air filter to get air in. H pipe and Lanfranconi Riservato Competitzioni silencers to get it out again and a Power Commander to burn it on the way through!
The VIN # ZGUKDC4KD1M155044.

Last edited:
VIN#104437 - 1978 850 T3 FB - Jeff Fortenbery - Cincinnati, OH - D.O.P. 2018
IMG 2509

Condition at purchase. I will post a follow-up picture in a year or so. Obviously quite a project!

California 1100i, KD12825; Matin Senior, Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire, U.K.; d.o.p. 5/2/14

1ywmjl.jpg
I'm pretty sure that I used to co-own this bike once. Brilliant machine. Rode it to Nordkapp thence Istanbul and back via Italy. Here it is on the Stelvio, at Turn 7, Bormio side.

8804 snow copy

I'm pretty sure that I used to co-own this bike once. Brilliant machine. Rode it to Nordkapp thence Istanbul and back via Italy. Here it is on the Stelvio, at Turn 7, Bormio side.
Awesome, and this is why I have these Registry pages! Love connecting new and former owners. Great snow pic!

Back