• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

carb sync & tune up without computer?

Nicolai

Just got it firing!
Greetings all;
newbie to internet forums and electronically-controlled bikes asking YOUR HELP for tuning my 2013 Stelvio NTX (30K miles). I've done the valves adjustment, know how to use an Ohmeter/multitester, and even bought an electronic carb sync tool (CarbMate TS110 - following recommendations in GuzziTec threads... that I'm unable to retrieve as I am NOT at all computer/internet literate).

Would be immensely appreciative if some of you shared step by step instructions on how to adjust TPS, which screw does what, which sequence to adjust them, etc....

Thanks and happy chilly rides to those from the North!

Thanks a bunch!
I had done a bunch of searches and found nothing... how do you go about it?
Also, the thread somewhere mentions a non-functional link to some other hardware that appears necessary (some kind of OBDT cable connecting to a computer); any suggestion as to where to find one? Looking online and not finding anything that states Moto Guzzi Stelvio...
Thanks again!

Thanks a bunch!
I had done a bunch of searches and found nothing... how do you go about it?
Also, the thread somewhere mentions a non-functional link to some other hardware that appears necessary (some kind of OBDT cable connecting to a computer); any suggestion as to where to find one? Looking online and not finding anything that states Moto Guzzi Stelvio...
Thanks again!

You must have a computer and software/hardware to reset the TPS. It is done electronically and not manually. Be sure to not touch the throttle stop screw as that will through off the throttle position. Equipment needed is available here: https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/tr-alaris/ You will need the 5AM option. Complete instruction for many models is here. Follow the 5AM information.

/how different is this Alaris 5AM from the "simple" OBDT (not sure I;m writing the proper acronym) cable (3-prong with blue/green+ yellow wires, next to air filter) and connecting to TuneEcu or VCP.com drivers installed on laptop (or Android cell phone as I seem to understand)? I like the OpenSource concept that they seem to work with, and the relative simplicity of using my own laptop or cell phone, rather than owning another piece of equipment (unless it has lots of advantages).

In passing, I see you are the founder of this website, is that correct? First, thanks a lot for hosting this! Second, I would be happy to donate to support the site (unless it is necessary to splurge on this Alaris thingy). Regardless, I am greatly appreciative for the support that I get from this community, and grateful that you host it.

N

does this Alaris 5AM do the kind of mapping that is useful for after-market fittings (as does the Commander V for instance)?

No, Alaris is strictly a diagnostic tool that allow you to also reset the TPS. You will need to contact Todd direct for mapping information. Probably the best option is the PC V with Auto tune which is also available at the Store tab. I am not the founder of this site, Todd (GT-RX) is the guy that brought this together. I'm just one of the moderators on this forum.

technoresearch.com/index.php/products/for-single-user/alaris

This menu does not list the 8V Stelvio. ?

The software goes by what ECU is in your bike, both Stelvio's 4V & 8V have the same ECU in it. When I got my TechnoResearch I was using it on scooters also, and on other brand of bikes like Aprillia and Ducati.

Back