• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Handle bar for 1100 Griso

BSG Mike

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have the stock handle bar on my '07 Griso (purchased in February) and have been pretty pleased with it, even if it feels a tad wide. Sat on a 2015 Griso recently and the bars seemed different - less wide, perhaps. Anyone know if the bars are different on the two bikes? Also, has anyone tried the LSL Tour bar featured in the web store? Thanks.

...Anyone know if the bars are different on the two bikes? Also, has anyone tried the LSL Tour bar featured in the web store? Thanks.
The newer Griso bar are narrower and a little more upright. I replaced my Griso 1100 bars with Aprilia Mana bars. Much more comfortable (my opinion). Here is a photo comparing the stock 1100 and Mana bars:

Thanks! If you don't mind, how tall are you and what is your sleeve length? Trying to estimate how the Mana bar might fit my frame.

I don't have the G11 any more, but next I have one here I'll compare. I have sold a few sets of LSL Tour Bars in the Store >HERE<, and installed one set, and they fit and work well. I'll try to get one of the buyers to chime in here.

I believe the '07 Griso are different than the 2014/15 bars, but I thought the 2014/15 are wider.
I am currently running the LSL Fat Bar-Tour Bar that I had Todd install.
I am very happy, the bars have a little pullback so I don't have to lean so much and eliminate the need for handlebar riser's.

IMG 0543 IMG 0514

Last edited:
Thanks! If you don't mind, how tall are you and what is your sleeve length? Trying to estimate how the Mana bar might fit my frame.
I am 5' 7" with sleeve length 32". My wife, who is 5' 10" with longer arms than me, also hated the stock 1100 bars. Together we adjusted the Mana bars so we were both comfortable piloting the Griso.

Anticipating other questions, let me add two more points. The stock cables work fine with Mana bars. And, the Griso bar end weights fit the Manas but leave a little gap -- about 1/8" -- between the grip and the weight. I replaced mine with Aprilia bar end weights that eliminated that gap. Sharon thought that was overkill.

View attachment 8700 View attachment 8701 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8697 View attachment 8697 I believe the '07 Griso are different than the 2014/15 bars, but I thought the 2014/15 are wider.
I am very happy, the bars have a little pullback so I don't have to lean so much and eliminate the need for handlebar riser's.
Thanks! Looks like what I am looking for. What kind of grips do you have on your Griso?

I am 5' 7" with sleeve length 32". My wife, who is 5' 10" with longer arms than me, also hated the stock 1100 bars. Together we adjusted the Mana bars so we were both comfortable piloting the Griso.

Anticipating other questions, let me add two more points. The stock cables work fine with Mana bars. And, the Griso bar end weights fit the Manas but leave a little gap -- about 1/8" -- between the grip and the weight. I replaced mine with Aprilia bar end weights that eliminated that gap. Sharon thought that was overkill.
Thanks for the input! No such thing as overkill in such matters :rock:.

I don't have the G11 any more, but next I have one here I'll compare. I have sold a few sets of LSL Tour Bars in the Store >HERE<, and installed one set, and they fit and work well. I'll try to get one of the buyers to chime in here.
Thanks for the support, Todd. I'm inclined to go with the tour bar.

These are the stock grips with foam covers for comfort and grip. The whole setup works well for me.
Saw similar covers at the BMW,
These are the stock grips with foam covers for comfort and grip. The whole setup works well for me.
Sorry about cut-off note. Saw the grip covers once at a dealership but have not been able to find them online. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Saw similar covers at the BMW,

Sorry about cut-off note. Saw the grip covers once at a dealership but have not been able to find them online. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Amazon.com - about 10 bucks, be careful installing, I ruined one set...
Grab On Grips Grip Cover - Fits From 1.25in. to 1.45in. OD - 5in.L, Color: Black MC402

The seat i the stock 2014 Griso seat updated by Sargent, as they say Sargentified.
The Windshield is "Isotta", I got from Agostini in Italy but I think Todd can get this for you.
Cheers

The seat i the stock 2014 Griso seat updated by Sargent, as they say Sargentified.
The Windshield is "Isotta", I got from Agostini in Italy but I think Todd can get this for you.
Cheers
Installed the LSL Tour bar and added the grip covers. Perfect set-up! Would you mind telling me more about your seat? Appears flatter (a good thing). How long did it take to turn around the seat? Cost? Thanks!

Installed the LSL Tour bar and added the grip covers. Perfect set-up! Would you mind telling me more about your seat? Appears flatter (a good thing). How long did it take to turn around the seat? Cost? Thanks!
Hi Mike,
Glad you like the LSL bars and the grip covers.
The Seat turned out great but it did have to go back to Sargent for an update before made perfect for me.
The first time took about 5 weeks including shipping (in February) and cost $325.00.
Unfortunately, they made the saddle too far back for me and I had to have them modify.
This time it took about 3-4 weeks and cost $75.00.
Before I sent the second time I had Todd put the Griso on the lift with me on it (in the seating position I like) and took a picture of both sides of the bike.
This is highly recommended, and of course the seat came out perfect the second time.
I am about 5'10" at 140 lbs.
If you want the seat to be made just like mine, you can call Bob at Sargent (800-749-7328) and reference my order#80744.
Best of luck to you.
Cheers.

View attachment 8700 View attachment 8701 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8697 View attachment 8697 I believe the '07 Griso are different than the 2014/15 bars, but I thought the 2014/15 are wider.

Sorry to revive old thread, but have been looking at new handlebars such as LSL. Thanks for posting pictures and comments. Curious what is the 1-piece top handlebar clamp on your Griso? Is it from a Stelvio, another vendor or custom made?

Back