• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Specs

Banjo

Just got it firing!
I own a 2014 Norge my first European Bike. I love Her but she's top heavy when full of Gas. I got curious and looked up its weight, out of 9 separate sources including Moto Guzzi website. What I got as follows, starting high to low, in Pounds 646,641,615,602,567,566,562,542,540... the higher numbers are with fluids, I guess. Nine sources nine different specs, What is the correct and final curb weight of the Norge 1200 GT8V.

Pick one - go with that!

My Sport has the same problem. I go with 230 kg dry, 250 kg ish wet, then I get on it and the numbers sky-rocket, then add luggage. Needless to say, I am wrestling a 1/4 tonne beast when out on the black stuff. A long day in the saddle has me ready to go to sleep early - I have had a good workout. Needless to say, the faster you go, the lighter she gets though.

You must also remember that a lot of other manufacturers list dry weights which in reality aren't real.

Putting my 2014 Norge away for the season, I was rather surprised at how much gear I had gradually allowed into my top case and saddle bags. I'm going to re-think some of my "necessities" for next season as the bike is at the high end of my comfort zone as I get more decrepit with age. Early season last year had me park over a slight depression where my foot set down and a bit of sand in the dip had me lose traction and stretch my hip at an odd angle to catch the bike. I spent over a month having the pain in my hip lessen to the point where I was comfortable riding. Love the bike but wish it was a bit more svelte (how my girlfriend thinks about me, I suppose).

Cycle World used to weigh the bike full of fuel (as ridden) to report wet weight (I know as I did many for them for the tests over the years). I don’t see a test by them... but this one; http://ridermagazine.com/2015/01/15/2014-moto-guzzi-norge-gt-8v-road-test-review/ and Motorcycle.com report it at 641~646 wet.
I happen to have one at my shop I can weigh tomorrow, but we just added a GT Y-pipe and muffler. I’ll weigh those as well to compare and post here.

I got a Norge 8V on the scales: 576 lbs (1/4 tank of fuel, and the GT Y-pipe and Muffler are installed ~8 lbs total)... Only thing missing was the fairing lowers and saddlebags, so maybe add 15-20 lbs. I also weighed the stock exhaust parts below, so you can add those less 8 lbs for a stock bike.

AB3FBAED D4A9 4BFD 97AD FA735683E662 137306E2 239F 4B88 BBD4 F5B40A8640A7
C3037B64 EB79 4C9C 87F9 A1D2BCB332A8

Putting my 2014 Norge away for the season, I was rather surprised at how much gear I had gradually allowed into my top case and saddle bags. I'm going to re-think some of my "necessities" for next season as the bike is at the high end of my comfort zone as I get more decrepit with age. Early season last year had me park over a slight depression where my foot set down and a bit of sand in the dip had me lose traction and stretch my hip at an odd angle to catch the bike. I spent over a month having the pain in my hip lessen to the point where I was comfortable riding. Love the bike but wish it was a bit more svelte (how my girlfriend thinks about me, I suppose).

BTDT. Came to stop to swap out visors. Front wheel pivoted in fine gravel I had not seen. :(

Happily, my Perfect Pillion is a trouper. :makeup::clap:

FzQI4aM9R26wtwRx2L0sPA thumb 191b

In my case, pulled hamstring. Kathi, "turf toe." All well -- except ego -- in short order.

Do love that Norge, even if, yes, a bit top heavy when laden.

Bill

I had a similar experience, wide rear tyre and an angled kerb stone. Edge of tyre went up kerb (at very low speed, I was stopping) and weight of bike did the same thing. Still not sure how I got it upright again, fully loaded with camping gear.

Damn Bill! At least you have now a "sorry honey, I have to fix my bike" excuse, to get you out of the "honey do"s

Back