• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 Opinions

My (V9 Bobber)
Two weird but good things I've experienced: It's a bit faster than the spec sheet would lead you to believe. Also, that seat -- which screamed turture conveyance the first time I sat on it -- has turned out to be surprisingly comfortable for me. Very weird.

Sounds like a good thing. My 940 Bellagio spec sheet states the top speed is 196kmh. A bit of an understatement. I've had it up to 210kmh and had more revs to go, but I had to slow down for traffic.

Does the factory understate top speeds to keep the Euro regulators happy ?
A friend suggested that in the case of the Bellagio it might be understated so it's specs didn't appear too close to the Grisos speed specs. Thought it might lose sales from the Griso (which was more expensive) to the Bellagio.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good thing. My 940 Bellagio spec sheet states the top speed is 196kmh. A bit of an understatement. I've had it up to 210kmh and had more revs to go, but I had to slow down for traffic.

Does the factory understate top speeds to keep the Euro regulators happy ?
A friend suggested that in the case of the Bellagio it might be understated so it's specs didn't appear too close to the Grisos speed specs. Thought it might lose sales from the Griso (which was more expensive) to the Bellagio.

Thoughts?

That would be an old trick. I'm reminded of the muscle car era in the U.S., when carmakers understated HP on some models so as not to draw the ire of insurers and regulators. And it happened within companies, too. At GM, nothing with a smallblock could produce the same/more horsepower than the Corvette, so naturally nothing was advertised to -- only of course several models did. Moto Guzzi would be stealing that old trick if this is what they're doing. Of course, we don't care. A Griso buyer isn't choosing that bike because of HP figures. He'll pay the premium because he loves that bike.

My 940 Bellagio spec sheet states the top speed is 196kmh. A bit of an understatement. I've had it up to 210kmh and had more revs to go, but I had to slow down for traffic.
On the speedo? Everyone knows they aren’t even close to accurate, especially at higher speeds.

My experience with Moto Guzzi speedo's is that they are pretty optimistic. Mine have usually read around 8% - 10% high. For example, at 65 mph indicated they would really be going 60 mph as per the GPS. At higher speeds the amount off goes up as it is a percentage.

They are the Givi TN8202 Crash Bars. I liked them because I thought they were less obtrusive than other designs that wrapped around the cylinder heads, or came up over the pipes. They're also the same brand as my cargo rack and luggage.

acidlaser: Did you mount the Givi TN8202 on your bike, or did a mechanic do it? I thought it'd be easy to do, but to do it, I have to remove the bolts that hold the chassis together, mount the bar, then insert the longer one that comes with the bars. (See the photo with the bolts circled in red.) I don't know if I can do it one bolt at a time without causing damage to the chassis.

V9mount

acidlaser: Did you mount the Givi TN8202 on your bike, or did a mechanic do it?

View attachment 14205

I did it myself. Doing one side at a time, the chassis seemed to support itself fine with only one side bolted together. It was way easier than installing the cargo rack. The only problem I've had with it is the supplied longer bolts have started to rust a bit.

Is anyone experiencing speed issues? My V9 is tapping out a 90mph. No matter how hard I try. Thoughts?
How fast is it supposed to go? I've had mine on the freeway and still had passing power at 60. The engine felt healthy but with no wind protection and the upright stance I really didn't like it at 75. I usually take the FZ1 for freeway rides so I've never really tried to go fast on the V9. Still, I can't imagine a 55hp bike would really go much past 90 anyway.

How fast is it supposed to go? I've had mine on the freeway and still had passing power at 60. The engine felt healthy but with no wind protection and the upright stance I really didn't like it at 75. I usually take the FZ1 for freeway rides so I've never really tried to go fast on the V9. Still, I can't imagine a 55hp bike would really go much past 90 anyway.
Thanks Eldo. I was hoping for a bit more power I guess. I switched from a Buell S1 and a rigid shovelhead to the V9 and the difference is quite noticeable. I thought the 55hp would get up to 110. Not at all necessary to get up there, just curious about others' perceptions of the V9 speed. Definitely a nimble and smooth cruiser.

Thanks Eldo. I was hoping for a bit more power I guess. I switched from a Buell S1 and a rigid shovelhead to the V9 and the difference is quite noticeable. I thought the 55hp would get up to 110. Not at all necessary to get up there, just curious about others' perceptions of the V9 speed. Definitely a nimble and smooth cruiser.

I was surprised the V9 was as ballsy as it was on the freeway, so I guess I wasn't expecting too much. If anything that upright stance with the pegs forward really prevents high speed. I feel like a barn door in the wind riding the freeway on the Bobber. Maybe a windscreen would help. On my Eldorado it's downright relaxing at 80 mph. I bet some kind of vintage-y bikini fairing would add some speed capability, and comfort to the V9s. I notice BMW is dolling up the RnineT with such a contraption. Of course if Guzzi had it as an accessory it would cost ducats.

Is anyone experiencing speed issues? My V9 is tapping out a 90mph. No matter how hard I try. Thoughts?

is that Reading from speedometer or gps?

This morning I wen’t up to 106 MPH on speedometer and there was some more to go from there, I think I could hit about
110 MPH. My bike is all stock V9 Bobber except for Mistral slip-ons and Guzzi’s bobber windshield. This was with my Hepco&Becker
side bags on the bike.

No clue how much the speedometer differ from real speed though.

Greetings!
Daniel

I can't imagine a 55hp bike would really go much past 90 anyway.

FWIW, an old big head Enfield bullet w/ 27 RWHP will top out at 90 MPH...so you should be able to crack the ton without issue. My V7 Special gets there...well, the indicated speed does anyway. I don't have a GPS to measure an accurate speed.

We know of course that V9 is not for top speeds... riding mine without windshield, and I weight 100kg (220lb), I can reach 160 / 170 km/h (ie 105 mph)... but also there it not really her range... the engine produces a sound like docking ship there :) ... I usually keep her on the 120ish km/h on the highways to still have a pretty decent overtaking power left in the barrel just in case...

Again, who dare saying that the V9 is "slow"?
To those still doubting the V9 character, as a proof, this is me doing 120 KM / H , in NEUTRAL , and STANDING STILL, PARKED. :)
Thanks to Marelli electronics, this proves that the V9 is capable of relativistic Bose-Einstein travel :) :)
(power off and power it on again fixed the issue... lol..)
Eat that japanese junk! :)

Upload 2018 9 26 18 33 51

Got 700 miles on my new V9 Bobber and have a few impressions. The engine is very smooth and I can run all day at 70mph with a bit of power to spare, perfect for me. I'm 5'8" and the bike fits me perfectly. The seat feels very hard but actually is quite comfortable. Gas mileage is good. The bike handles amazing. I'm trying to think of anything I don't like and I can't. I just really am liking this bike.

Hi everyone, what's your mileage / range with the V9?
I see that the tank is 15 liters (reserve 4 liters)
Consumption (cycle WMTC) 4,99 l/100 km.
Is that for real, do you get ~300 km of range?

Back