• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bypassing the startup Fob

Disabled mine the other day as per the procedure listed in this post. Works a treat but you have to be quick. get someone else to read the instructions. Took four attempts getting quicker each time. Now if I want the alarm on I can use the fob, otherwise just key in and start.

Tony, being temporarily stranded, especially in rain, is an emotional challenge. Opening the key fob and discovering dampness was the problem rocks.

I successfully used the key fob by-pass steps suggested by Mike Edmonds, and others, in these forum pages. Only took me three attempts to get the sequence right. Happy, happy, happy.

I am motivated to get an assistant and try again to disable the alarm, tried it about 10 times when I first got the bike, but no luck!!!

I was able to successfully disable the FOB with Mike's instructions. It did take a few tries to get it disabled, gotta be quick :)

Thanks Mike!

I was able to successfully disable the FOB with Mike's instructions. It did take a few tries to get it disabled, gotta be quick :)

Thanks Mike!

I have been reading these posts and wonder about something. I have a California Custom which does not come with the alarm. However, I COULD purchase the alarm from MG and install it. The California Touring DOES come with the alarm. Just as I could ADD an alarm to my Custom, couldn't those of you with a TOURING model remove the alarm? It seems to me that this would certainly stop any issues with the alarm keeping the owner from operating his motorcycle.

I have been reading these posts and wonder about something. I have a California Custom which does not come with the alarm. However, I COULD purchase the alarm from MG and install it. The California Touring DOES come with the alarm. Just as I could ADD an alarm to my Custom, couldn't those of you with a TOURING model remove the alarm? It seems to me that this would certainly stop any issues with the alarm keeping the owner from operating his motorcycle.
I reprogrammed my alarm yesterday (took 6-7 times) on my touring to allow me to use the alarm when I choose rather than automatically arming itself after engine shutoff. I posted my screw up on another forum regarding a wet alarm fob and not being able to start the bike. I certainly don't want to repeat that.

I was always paranoid about not being able to start my roadking using its alarm system so I never used it. I just used my heavy chain and/or front disc lock if I felt a need.

Just as I could ADD an alarm to my Custom, couldn't those of you with a TOURING model remove the alarm?

Yes. I removed the alarm from my Touring, believing I was most likely to be the only person ever inconvenienced by it. Removal is as simple as unplugging it behind the left side cover.

Stephen

With an assistant reading the commands, it took just 2 attempts and the auto arm function is now cancelled....thanks for the advice Guys.

Can someone confirm this?

IIRC, the alarm was included in one of the promotions for the 2014 model year. My California 1400 Custom, does NOT have the alarm, but a Touring I was looking at did. Heated grips were another promotion incentive (for both models) also...

Hello, I just got a 2014 California 1400 Touring. It came with two keys and two fobs, and one key with red plastic on it. After I turn off the bike I see a gently flashing red light indicating its alarmed. However, when I push the key fob buttons (they light up, so battery is good) the bike does not chirp as if it's armed. Pushing the fob buttons does nothing, from what I can tell.

Does this mean my alarm has been bypassed already? Any feedback welcome. Thank you.

I think the flashing red LED is just a flashing LED. After a week or two of no riding, it will stop flashing to save battery drain.

You must be right. I took the remote fob off the key ring, then walked outside and the bike started just fine using only the key. So that means my fob doesn't activate the security alarm. I'll assume the alarm system has been deactivated somehow.

My touring had the alarm installed as "standard" I suppose as I bought a couple accessories and paid for them but not the alarm.

All tourings come with alarm fitted as standard
the red blinking light on the dash is the imoboliser
if your alarm is wired to the bike a red blinking light will be seen on the clutch side, side panel
you can deactivate the alarm by placeing the plastic loop bung (that came with your keys ect) in the wiring of the alarm
The red plastic card is the code for the bike, dont loose it, keep it safe

I agree with the other guys about the alarm, following Mike's instructions is a great idea. Now I can activate the alarm when I'm at a hotel overnight and not be worried about the fob going dead from using it every time. One nice thing about having separate keys for the bags is that you can put your spare fob in them and keep the bag key in your wallet in case of a problem...

I just purchased my first Guzzi this afternoon, a 2014 California Touring model. I pick the bike up on Saturday and would like to replace the batteries in the two alarm fobs. Does anyone happen to know what size batteries the fobs use? I won't have them in my hands until I pick the bike up this weekend. Thanks!

All tourings come with alarm fitted as standard
the red blinking light on the dash is the imoboliser
if your alarm is wired to the bike a red blinking light will be seen on the clutch side, side panel
you can deactivate the alarm by placeing the plastic loop bung (that came with your keys ect) in the wiring of the alarm
The red plastic card is the code for the bike, dont loose it, keep it safe
When I bought my Touring I was supplied with one key fob and no code card. I didn't really think too much about it at the time although I did deactivate the alarm. Only after contacting the UK distributor of these alarms for an additional fob was I informed that without the code card a replacement or additional fob could not be programmed. As stated above DO NOT LOSE IT. I contacted the dealer from whom I bought the bike but they were unable to locate either the card or fob and subsequently supplied a replacement alarm.

I just purchased my first Guzzi this afternoon, a 2014 California Touring model. I pick the bike up on Saturday and would like to replace the batteries in the two alarm fobs. Does anyone happen to know what size batteries the fobs use? I won't have them in my hands until I pick the bike up this weekend. Thanks!

2 of these for 1 fob. Grtz Rudy

Attachments

• 20180801_234215-1.jpg
    20180801_234215-1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
Back