• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Charging issues / Dead battery -- PLEASE READ

Does this regulator fit directly on the current Guzzi mount or do I also need to purchase an adapter?

BTW, Thanks so much for your help!
I saw a photo of someone's fitment of precisely that model in a thread somewhere on this site - possibly this thread - someone will know. It's simple, neat and looks almost oem. You'll need to make a simple adapter bracket. I'm assuming here that you have a V7.

Due to the fact that the MOSFET r/r runs so much cooler, there are small gains (up to around 25watts dependent on how good your wiring is now) to be had in increased output as well large gains in reliability and stability of output.

... found it! It's just on the previous page - there several different folk's pix to view. I mount mine with the plugs pointing downwards, to prevent water and gunk accumulation in around the electrickery connections.

Is this overcharging scenario still an issue on the 2017 V7 III models?

Is this overcharging scenario still an issue on the 2017 V7 III models?

My V7III Racer had weird charging behavior from when I bought it last October. I finally identified the problem as a bad OEM Yuasa battery causing the charging system to have fits in early February. I fitted an AntiGravity Lithium battery (from GTM) and the charging system is now functioning perfectly.

If you suspect a malfunctioning charging system on your bike, it's best to check it.

My V7III Racer had weird charging behavior from when I bought it last October. I finally identified the problem as a bad OEM Yuasa battery causing the charging system to have fits in early February. I fitted an AntiGravity Lithium battery (from GTM) and the charging system is now functioning perfectly.

If you suspect a malfunctioning charging system on your bike, it's best to check it.

Thanks, I'll check it.

Hi guys. My battery died but it was a Yuasa that has been trickle charged on a CTEK charger all it's life. Found that voltage going to batt was only 11.5V! Had a buddy replace the stock Guzzi rectifier (eyes watering at cost). Voltage reading is now 15.07V.

PADS reading:

ERRORS PRESENT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF COMMUNICATION

P0336 Engine rpm sensor (Consistency) – Inconsistent signal MEM

I guess my cam sensor/rpm sensor is fried? :envy:
:mad::(

Just a memory error not active, just a fluke. Maybe has some metal on it to give bad reading from break-in. just clear errors and ride.

It’s not fried, yet... but in my experience it will start giving erratic running, then will quit completely. I would put one on the shelf and be prepared to replace it. 15v is still above acceptable limits for most all batteries.

Thanks Todd! Man ... I've gotta stock up. What do you think of those Shindengen MOSFET FH020AAs? I've seen a conversion or two on the net but I'd rather go for something more well-supported. Yesterday's riding was pretty hot and 39 deg. C showed up on my instruments. That's 102.2 deg. F. Not sure if anything out there is designed for the hot, humid Malaysian climate.

Thanks Todd! Man ... I've gotta stock up. What do you think of those Shindengen MOSFET FH020AAs? I've seen a conversion or two on the net but I'd rather go for something more well-supported.
In the MOSFET r/r world there's not much better supported than Shindengen. They are just about the leading lights, and that particular model (FH020AA) is about the most common, versatile and reliable MOSFET r/r out there. Overall, in the motorcycling world, Shindengen stuff is far, far more widely supported than the oem junk units on Guzzis. And fitting one to a V7iii is easy and neat.

Has anyone tried this supposed plug and play VR from RMstator? rmstator.com/en_ww/products/regulator-rectifier-rms020-103870#
It claims it is a replacement for part number 883878 which is what the parts book says my '14 racer has.

The EME one? I was under the impression that it was for a different model. It says in the description that it replaces OEM #: GU32703810

I got one from the store here. It has functioned properly with no issues whatsoever. The OEM unit did not properly regulate voltage.
Cool, looks like you have a V7 Racer as well? Did the plugs fit or did you have to alter/solder them? Did you need to buy or make a bracket to attach it to the bike?
Thanks!

Cool, looks like you have a V7 Racer as well? Did the plugs fit or did you have to alter/solder them? Did you need to buy or make a bracket to attach it to the bike?
Thanks!
The plugs do fit, but it is not possible to remove them from the stock unit, so yes I had to solder them on.
And the mounting points do not match up with the stock mounting points, so I made an aluminum bracket for mounting. That might have been a bit overkill just to mount, but I was happy with the result.

Hello everyone

asking this for a friend in despair.
He bought an new 2016 V7 Racer with the extended warranty and he is on his third stator.
So far Guzzi has stood up to the warranty and changed 2 of them (first at 17.000 km, second and 24.000 km).
For this third one he still got no explanation of what or how this happens and his warranty expires in 4 months.
I would really appreciate any feedback or advice as I am a V7/2 owner myself and at 19.500 km (with no extended warranty I am feeling a little unsafe about what the future will bring me.

I am thinking that the issue may be somewhere else and not on the stator itself that three times was “fried”.

best regards and thank you in advance

Back