• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Minor irritation

mechanicsavant

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I'm not a "clean freak" but, the amount of road trash that gets thrown on the clutch release arm every ride got me cranky .seems the rear fender was designed to dump grime on the release arm! Soooo I fabricateda small mud flap for the front edge of the fender.i cu a piece of rubber roof material 7"X4" punched 2holes o line up w/fender retainer nuts. Remove nuts slip mudflap over bolts & using plastic washers reattached nuts! 400mi mixed riding & clutch arm is dang near spotless ! Sorry I'm a bit of a Luddite so pics aren't in my wheelhouse ,I hope my description helps . A clean clutch arm is a happy clutch arm

I'm not a "clean freak" but, the amount of road trash that gets thrown on the clutch release arm every ride got me cranky .seems the rear fender was designed to dump grime on the release arm! Soooo I fabricateda small mud flap for the front edge of the fender.i cu a piece of rubber roof material 7"X4" punched 2holes o line up w/fender retainer nuts. Remove nuts slip mudflap over bolts & using plastic washers reattached nuts! 400mi mixed riding & clutch arm is dang near spotless ! Sorry I'm a bit of a Luddite so pics aren't in my wheelhouse ,I hope my description helps . A clean clutch arm is a happy clutch arm
Would love to see a picture or two if ever possible.

Maya

A solution to a problem I didn't know existed, but I'm going to look and see just how dirty mine is and may do the same. Thanks!

I would be interested at a picture or even a blue print how.

I always need to wipe that area down and even brush up a bit due to the grim...oh they are there for sure...

Sounds like there's a market for a front fenda-extenda.

Hmmmmm.

I haven't been out to look at mine "in the flesh," but I thought the OP was referring to the rear fender. :think:

As my Stornello, while a bit of pretender (like me :giggle:), actually goes off-pavement a bit, I'd better check on the potential problem and fix.

Bill

P.S. While I have a fendaextenda on my Griso's front and like the looks, not sure it really keeps anything off the lower front end.

Yup this easy mod. Is for the front edge of the rear fender. One again sorry about lack of photos . Cut a piece of thin cardboard 7"x4" & set it on the swing arm right where rear fender begins ,if ya press it against the fender mounting fasteners you've just made a template! I used rubber roofing material .remove 2 fasteners slip newly made piece over studs w/ a couple fender type washers ,I had some plastic ones leftover from a mudflap kit,reinstall nuts & your clutch arm & related pivot parts will thank you!took me about as much time to type this as it did to Fab it! Why yes I do type w/ one crooked finger!

Yup, aren't fenda extenders a hard plastic? If I remember the one on my BMW was,because of the swing arm I chose a quite flexible rubber . Also,heaven forbid if it came adrift I'd prefer a smallish piece of rubber jetsam vs. a stiffer piece. Just sayin

Back