• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Agostini Exhaust Shield

Uss

Tuned and Synch'ed
The exhaust chrome shields on the right side had been making a rattling noise for a while but I could never find out what was causing it. All the nuts & bolts were in place and tight. After a ride on Sunday I saw the chrome cover in the centre vibrating. Upon pulling the front end I saw it move out more than an inch. The one on the left hand is fine. I have tried to see what it could be but I have been unable to trace the cause. All the nuts and bolts are still tight. Is this clipped or harnessed through a slot somewhere? Perhaps that has slipped out of place. What am I missing??? I can't find any schematics to see how it is being held. I have attached a photo and marked the loose area with a red box.

Has anyone experienced this and can you please suggest what to check or how to fix it.

Cheers
Agostini

Can't help with this particular problem, but on my 2014 California 1400 Custom, all of those heatshield screws got Locktited in pretty short order. In my case, I lost a screw out of one of the forward heatshields in the first 1000 miles...

Jim

I had a problem, with similar symptoms, with an after market muffler. Coincidentally the right hand side muffler. The mounting bracket under the screw, just behind you red box, broke off of the muffler. The 2 screws at the back of that heat shield kept it in place, but I was able to move the front a little to each side.

My solution was to remove both mufflers and send them in to have the brackets and associated welds removed. Then to make things pretty again. Purchased the Gt-Rx v2 polished stainless steel exhaust system. https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-california-1400-full-stainless-exhaust-system/

Found the problem....almost the same situation described by blakbird.....the mounting bracket is welded onto a jubilee clip...that came off. Could not figure it out as only one weld had come off and since it was held in by the other it wasn't very visible till I used a plier to push & pull...one pull and the other weld came off too....the clamp is SS, had it TIG welded. It is a poor design....with all the engineering capability at MG it could easily have been an integral mounting clip as opposed to a weld on. The good part is that I sent these photos to Agostini who have very kindly offered to send me a replacement FOC. :) 20180501 210338 :clap:

Back