• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How to make people aware of our online Store?

I should add, having video of exhaust sound could potentially go a long way. The images are great, but I think adding a sound clip would seal the deal for a lot of people sitting on the fence (Italian vs. hand made in the USA).
As far as Italian made or hand made USA goes if I was in the market for an exhaust system I personally would choose the GT-Rx offering on the fact of the warranty and Todd stands by his products. Recently contacted Agostini's to ask if their system woul be homologated and as yet have not had a response. At least if you contact Todd direct in relation to pricing or tech enquiry you WILL get a reply.
As an aside Todd, why not include a complimentary GTM sticker with products you ship out?

Some thoughts:
  • Advertise in the various weekly/monthly motorcycle rags "Classified" sections.
  • Make a presence on the MGNOC and other Moto Guzzi club newsletters.
  • Get someone in the motorcycle press to take notice of you and feature an article about your products/services.
  • Find and support someone racing Moto Guzzis with reasonable success or notoriety on the track in amateur racing.
  • Write and publish a weekly blog of the latest products, services, and projects—even the people who work in your shop and significant customers—you're working on, and promote it to socials like Twitter and Facebook. Even things like a weekly or monthly pretty picture of a nice custom Moto Guzzi you've found helps.
  • Put some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) meta information into your web pages.
I did all this kind of stuff when I was running a little fine art and editorial photography business a decade ago. It takes a huge amount of time, but it does work to get your name out there and known. I sold a lot of photography and photo services until the Great Recession of 2008 hit... :(

BTW: One small issue I ran into is that the street address of the GT Motocycles shop is not easily findable, even once I've made an appointment for service. The specific location of the shop might not be all that important to most readers on socials, etc, but particularly when I've used the appointment scheduler to set up a service, the confirmation email should explicitly tell me where the shop is located with a street address and a phone number/txt/email address, and the hours of operation. I know you don't want to get hammered with phone calls or drop-ins, but the address should be discoverable at least. For most companies, it's a standard part of the contact information page on the website and/or listed in advertisements.

BTW: One small issue I ran into is that the street address of the GT Motocycles shop is not easily findable, even once I've made an appointment for service.
Another good idea! Many businesses have their address linked to the relevant GoogleMaps page, with a nice big, bright marker showing exactly where you are. Unfortunately Todd, I'll never need such help.

You know some of the stuff that has stuck in my head have been 'Project Bikes' that have been featured in Cycle World. This Kawasaki ZR1320 project bike by Vance & Hines in Cycle World April 1994. Big bore, exhaust, etc. Imagine everything Guzzitech/GTM plonked on a V7 making it a sort of Super V7. Breathing, remap, Brembo RCS (15?) Corsa Corta, T-Drive rotor, 4-pad caliper, reservoir kit and mirror mounts, Matris F15K, Matris M40KC, BMC or K&N filter, Guzzitech sump, Guzzitech GT-Rx 2>1 exhaust, SS valve cover bolts, GT-Rx MIU reflash, etc. Wouldn't that grab some attention for the brand?

Baaaahh! Humbug!!! Some things make me (and quite a few others, I know) really, really angry. This is less about getting customers than keeping some.

DUMP FACEBOOK POSTS!!!

I'm not the only here who will have NOTHING to do with facebook. If you're going to post video clips (or anything else of common interest) DON'T PUT IT ON FACEBOOK!!

If posting stuff of general interest to forum users goes more and more onto facebook you'll lose me altogether, from the forum and the shop.

wrt "GTM Monster Builds"

While I'm not so rabidly anti-FB as that, the truth is that if you direct people to FB for content rather than to Guzzitech.com, you're effectively moving them away from GT. To me, a better strategy is to host the content here and post announcements and links to GT from FB and Twitter.

I can never find anything on FB so I only rarely use it. I like to have content where I can find it at will, easily.

the truth is that if you direct people to FB for content rather than to Guzzitech.com, you're effectively moving them away from GT. To me, a better strategy is to host the content here and post announcements and links to GT from FB and Twitter.
Hear hear... and this is what I generally do.

You know some of the stuff that has stuck in my head have been 'Project Bikes' that have been featured in Cycle World. This Kawasaki ZR1320 project bike by Vance & Hines in Cycle World April 1994. Big bore, exhaust, etc. Imagine everything Guzzitech/GTM plonked on a V7 making it a sort of Super V7. Breathing, remap, Brembo RCS (15?) Corsa Corta, T-Drive rotor, 4-pad caliper, reservoir kit and mirror mounts, Matris F15K, Matris M40KC, BMC or K&N filter, Guzzitech sump, Guzzitech GT-Rx 2>1 exhaust, SS valve cover bolts, GT-Rx MIU reflash, etc. Wouldn't that grab some attention for the brand?
Agreed, but now saturated thanks to the world wide web. I did get my 820-4V V7 to Cycle World, but they were in the middle of a merger, so nothing ever came of it. I will be getting my GTM-01 to CW for a feature.

Some thoughts:
  • Advertise in the various weekly/monthly motorcycle rags "Classified" sections.
  • Make a presence on the MGNOC and other Moto Guzzi club newsletters.
  • Get someone in the motorcycle press to take notice of you and feature an article about your products/services.
  • Find and support someone racing Moto Guzzis with reasonable success or notoriety on the track in amateur racing.
  • Write and publish a weekly blog of the latest products, services, and projects—even the people who work in your shop and significant customers—you're working on, and promote it to socials like Twitter and Facebook. Even things like a weekly or monthly pretty picture of a nice custom Moto Guzzi you've found helps.
  • Put some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) meta information into your web pages.
I did all this kind of stuff when I was running a little fine art and editorial photography business a decade ago. It takes a huge amount of time, but it does work to get your name out there and known. I sold a lot of photography and photo services until the Great Recession of 2008 hit... :(

BTW: One small issue I ran into is that the street address of the GT Motocycles shop is not easily findable,
Thanks, and those are business practices of the long past. I actually get more hits/month then most of the listed sites.
Racing is flat currently... though I do plan on racing one of my GTM builds soon enough, possibly at Bonneville.
Blogs are good, but again, I'm a one man band with little energy or budget to pay anyone to do it. Guzzi is a MINISCULE brand as you well know. ;)
I have one of the best web guys around, my SEO is very very good.

GT Moto is by appointment only. I send the address once the appointment is booked. I won't waiver from this as I am not there every day, and my guys are paid per job completed. No time to talk to people... aside from the vast majority of our effort is being put into GTM builds.

Back