• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Handguards

I installed the KTM Adventure handguards tonight. Fit was very nice after removing a bit of the guard where it interferes with the banjo fitting from the master cylinders for the front brake and clutch. Here are some pics; the closeups show the material removed to allow the guards to rotate to a slightly better position. I could have removed a tiny bit more material on the clutch side, but I think I'll ride first and try them out. I'm also not 100% sold on the fit of the handlebar insert that holds the guard at the tip of the bar. I may go back to the original threaded insert with an aluminum spacer if they vibrate and change position. Overall, the guards look like they belong, and at $54, they were a good deal.

AppalachianRally2009007.jpg

AppalachianRally2009010.jpg

AppalachianRally2009012.jpg

AppalachianRally2009014.jpg

John in PA wrote:
I installed the KTM Adventure handguards. I'm also not 100% sold on the fit of the handlebar insert that holds the guard at the tip of the handlebar. I may go back to the original threaded insert with an aluminum spacer if they vibrate and change position.

I rode with the KTM handguards today. The "one-size-fits-all" bar insert did not hold the grip ends of the handguards as securely as I wanted, so I did a bit of machining. I reinstalled the original 24mm threaded inserts in the handlebar ends after enlarging the threaded hole in each insert to 8x1.25mm. I then chucked up the KTM bar inserts in the lathe and turned off the expansion arms, leaving only the aluminum spacer. Now the bar end bolts can be tightened securely, allowing the handguards to be turned where I want them and they will STAY PUT!! (The supplied KTM part wouldn't tighten enough to keep the handguards from rotating somewhat to a less than ideal position.) They can be tweaked as desired and will hold adjustment securely. And, their appearance is essentially unchanged, only the 1/8" thick hex end of the bar insert is visible in addition to the aluminum spacer. The new setup also adds a bit more clearance for the lever end. I'm a happy camper!!

I was ready to give up and grab the KTM units, and my dealer called last night to say the factory handguards just arrived. Something to be said for sloth...

I just thought the Guzzi ones looked a bit too big, like you could stash a box of kleenex in them! I really just want something to keep wind and weather off my hands. I had a set of reworked Triumph Tiger guards on my Quota that looked and worked great. These KTM's should look as good or better, and will probably work out well for me. At least I've got them the way I want them now.

Funny, I was about to grab the KTM handguards as well and then got a call yesterday from my dealer informing me that BigSexy's handguards had arrived as well. I'll grab them next weekend as I'm headed to Seattle/Portland for a week.

Better open up that packaging before you leave the dealer.

MG sent two sets of handguards to my dealer. 2 sets, 2 handguards each set. All left hand.

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

Sure wish I would have thought to check before I installed the first one. Now do I ride around with one handguard for 8 more months....?

And the original "2 Left Hands" are now at peace. Thanks Dave.

handguards001.jpg

Plus, they make a great place to nestle your Ipod controller:

handguards002.jpg

Back