• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

aftermarket exhausts

dabrucru

Cruisin' Guzzisti
hi all

i m considering to fit a pair of aftermarket exhausts on my racer. i have been told that i have to adjust the fuel. i saw these: baakmotocyclettes.com/en/accessories/10-moto-guzzi-v7-bobber-exhaust.html on the description they say that they are plug and play. anyone used these exhausts? any help is greatly appreciated

david

I really like the seat and fender eliminator I got from BAAK. I do not know about there exhausts. I put on these from Mistral. IMO they are the best bang for you money. Another nice bonus is you can get away without a new fuel map. I did a new map and the bike is smoother but the exhaust really didn't alter the bike any more than the stock....new map is just smoother. In the states, these exhaust are nearly half of most others.

IMG_5860_zpsaovgkigz.jpg

I really like the seat and fender eliminator I got from BAAK. I do not know about there exhausts. I put on these from Mistral. IMO they are the best bang for you money. Another nice bonus is you can get away without a new fuel map. I did a new map and the bike is smoother but the exhaust really didn't alter the bike any more than the stock....new map is just smoother. In the states, these exhaust are nearly half of most others.

IMG_5860_zpsaovgkigz.jpg
yes i got their number plate support. i like these mistrals, i just love the look of the short ones buy baak. more minimalistic in my opinion.

They seem to do good work for sure. They are pretty good at getting back to you. Have you asked them? I bet they will give you the info regarding if you need to re-map. I like these too but again, I paid about half the cost of these but they do look nice for sure!

They seem to do good work for sure. They are pretty good at getting back to you. Have you asked them? I bet they will give you the info regarding if you need to re-map. I like these too but again, I paid about half the cost of these but they do look nice for sure!
yes I emailed this morning asking about remaps etc. yes they are pretty expensive, i am trying to find an online shop that sells mistrals here in europe , if i buy from outside eu there s taxes etc :/

Have a look at Moto Strada's custom bikes on their website before we trigger Article 50. They fit their own exhausts, and they do sound nice. They'll do them as an after-market item. I'm probably going for them next year.
They tell me they don't need a remap.

Maybe all these folks tell you no remap is needed because it would turn a majority of customers away because of the Hassel and expense. according to info here even with no mods a remap is a good idea and if you change anything it is highly recommended. by the way Todd offers a tail tidy and has a very nice selection of exhaust options in his store.

Maybe all these folks tell you no remap is needed because it would turn a majority of customers away because of the Hassel and expense. according to info here even with no mods a remap is a good idea and if you change anything it is highly recommended. by the way Todd offers a tail tidy and has a very nice selection of exhaust options in his store.

Actually, many exhausts need it and I had a remap done by Todd when I switched. My bike runs better than stock, just saying with Mistrals added my bike ran about the same as stock. Same on my old V11. The tidy tail offered here needs lights and wiring added which to me, and perhaps others, is seen as a hassle and why I jumped on the one offered by BAAK.

hi all

i m considering to fit a pair of aftermarket exhausts on my racer. i have been told that i have to adjust the fuel. i saw these :http://www.baakmotocyclettes.com/en/accessories/10-moto-guzzi-v7-bobber-exhaust.html on the description they say that they are plug and play. anyone used these exhausts? any help is greatly appreciated

david

I have the BAAK exhaust on my bike, it looks very nice. If you go to my thread, I posted pictures and a clip of the bike firing up with some revving so you can hear the exhaust sound.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/my-v7-ii-racer.16712/

Can't go wrong with de-baffled Arrow's as they look and sound amazing. However, they are rather expensive...

For a number of riders, the V7 is their first bike. So I think a number of these riders do not fully understand, or even know, what a properly fuelled bike runs like...years ago, I was one of them. The V7 is the leanest stock bike I have ever owned. I can't imagine putting mufflers on it without a re-map. I guess you only know what you've ridden...

I just fitted a pair of mistrals shorties. nice sound. i tried them without baffles, but its produces too much noise imo, so i re fitted the baffles. once you start customising this bike, it seems that one can t stop... very happy with it.

Hi Folks. Has anyone ever just taken the baffles out of the stock standard 2017 V7lll pipes and what results. Did it need a remap or perhaps a more open air filter at the intake?
Cheers
Michael

Hi Folks. Has anyone ever just taken the baffles out of the stock standard 2017 V7lll pipes and what results. Did it need a remap or perhaps a more open air filter at the intake?
Cheers
Michael
Covered here at least a dozen times... factory mufflers have a complex multitude of chambers, plates, packing and catalytic converters. It’s not a easy drill though affair. Best to just replace them.
I offer my own handmade in house offerings and a few others; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/exhaust/?filter_model=v7-iii

The one thing I personally cant get past with all other aftermarket mufflers is the ugly connection point and clamp beyond the heat shields. My GT mufflers are seamless in that respect.

Amen to what Todd says. These things ( https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v7-iii-2-2-full-ss-exhaust-system/ ) are unbeatable. The only complaint I have is that unless I'm gazing at the tacho all the time, I find myself bangin' on the rev limiter all the time. The sound, performance and the fabulous quality won't be matched in ANY other aftermarket exhaust system. You'll have to decide between hanging them in pride-of-place on your living room wall or bolting them onto your bike - they're a work of art.

ANY exhaust system changes require an ECU re-map. In fact, as stated prior, the stock standard machine requires a re-map. Once you ride a Gutz with the fueling set up correctly you'll never look back.

Read these threads:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-v9-ecu-programmer-box.15762/
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-rx®-v7-iii-v9-exhaust-options-dyno-runs.17134/

Amen to what Todd says. These things ( https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v7-iii-2-2-full-ss-exhaust-system/ ) are unbeatable. The only complaint I have is that unless I'm gazing at the tacho all the time, I find myself bangin' on the rev limiter all the time. The sound, performance and the fabulous quality won't be matched in ANY other aftermarket exhaust system. You'll have to decide between hanging them in pride-of-place on your living room wall or bolting them onto your bike - they're a work of art.

ANY exhaust system changes require an ECU re-map. In fact, as stated prior, the stock standard machine requires a re-map. Once you ride a Gutz with the fueling set up correctly you'll never look back.

Read these threads:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-v9-ecu-programmer-box.15762/
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-rx®-v7-iii-v9-exhaust-options-dyno-runs.17134/
I heard that exhaust at a meet yesterday and while it was nice it isn't what I'm looking for. It was too poppy and raspy, I was looking for something a bit deeper and throbby. Any suggestions?

Back