• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Question About LED's

Mayakovski

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
Morning All;

I would like to replace the tail light and turn signals on Silky with LED lights, to ensure better visability. Is this a straight replacement scenario, or are there other changes that have to be made?

I have found a replacement for the tail light, with the SYLVANIA ZEVO 7528 light.

But cannot find replacements for the turn signals which are GE2641A bulbs.

Any advise or assistance would be appreciated. :)

Product description

LED bulbs used for turn signals may require the use of load resistors to ensure appropriate power is supplied to the bulbs and prevent hyper flashing.

The brake/tail light bulb is, iirc, a straight swap affair. The indicators DO require the load resistors as suggested above. You can't fix the indicators with a so-called LED flasher relay coz on the Gutz the oem flasher relay is integrated into the instrument head cct board.

These folks have everything you'll ever need wrt lights ...
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/tail-brake-turn/

The brake/tail light bulb is, iirc, a straight swap affair. The indicators DO require the load resistors as suggested above. You can't fix the indicators with a so-called LED flasher relay coz on the Gutz the oem flasher relay is integrated into the instrument head cct board.

These folks have everything you'll ever need wrt lights ...
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/tail-brake-turn/
Thanks for the link. I found one that should work for the tail light and placed my order.

Will have to investigate/learn more for the turn signals.

I purchased a LED brake light that strobes before turn into solid from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1157-LED-2...ert-Safe-Lights-/291931359465?var=&hash=item0

Find it quite useful for people behind me to notice me if they were not looking for me

Maybe you can do the same/similar
Go this yesterday, perfect fit, seems very well made. Very bright and the strobe effect is great for getting attention. Now my daughter wants one on her bicycle. LOL. Thanks Timmy great find.

Go this yesterday, perfect fit, seems very well made. Very bright and the strobe effect is great for getting attention. Now my daughter wants one on her bicycle. LOL. Thanks Timmy great find.

You are welcome:rock:

MORE attention grabbed, LESS rear-ender, MORE HAPPY & ALIVE RIDERS.

I am always fanatical about people will rear end me one day because of distract driving for whatever reasons.

My brother stopped riding because someone rear end him on an off ramp of a highway...you think someone would look at where they going eh...

So ya...anything helps.

On a different forum there was a discussion about sitting at traffic lights with the bike in gear or neutral.
Like anything that has an opinion there were two definite sides.

My input was:
"Funny how experience will lead you to make changes.

When I first started riding I would sit at the light with the bike in gear simply because I liked to time the light & jump the green.
One day another rider whom I knew well pulled up behind me & nudged the back of my bike while blowing his horn.
We used to do this kind of stuff to each other all the time.
I was startled & let go of the clutch, the bike lurched & we fell over.

Some time after that sitting at another light a car rear ended me gently but enough that I let go the clutch & this time ran the red light.
Sooooo I started sitting at lights in neutral.
One day I look in the mirror & see a car coming up behind me very fast & I just know he is not going to stop.
I pulled in the clutch caught first gear ran the red light by making a right turn just as the car blew thru the intersection.

Moral of the story: Always be aware & Visible no matter what you do.

Moral of the story: Always be aware & Visible no matter what you do.

I put in neutral only if I know there are already someone behind me...sometimes sit there with lever pulls in can be quite annoying LOL...

I also ALWAYS point my bike toward to an opening...like the side of a vehicle in front of me. If I am first, I will make sure I am as close to the direct view of driver as possible and always moving my body so whoever behind me sees me...

So far haven't fail me...*crossing fingers*

Thanks for the link. I found one that should work for the tail light and placed my order.

Will have to investigate/learn more for the turn signals.

I used this for the turn signals, front and rear. The load rating is the same as the stock bulb, so its plug and play and its really bright. Its off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018UWBPK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also,

For headlight: Cyclops LEDs off Guzzitech store

For brake/license plate light: 1157-WHP28-T: Cool White

For DRL up front : 921-WHP10-TL: Cool White of Superbrightleds.com - I reinforce the metal housing to plastic base connection with electrical tape since the bulb is mounted horizontally, lotsa vibration and not enough adhesive from the factory, and the led portion separated from the base.

GetFileAttachment

30726806_10105977691405582_4366124175266414592_n.jpg

30704383_10105976899976612_7902157697657602048_n.jpg

Last edited:
For the turn signals, were there resistor(s) required???

No - its plug and play, literally took five minutes to install. No resistor needed because the load of the LED bulb is the same as the stock bulb that came with the bike. So no hyperflashing, plug and play, brighter turn signals. Downside: A little bit pricey at $100 for both front and rear.

Sweet! Will order a few of them up!...

*wife is going to hate me with all the new shit I am buying when I told her I will wait for the V85...LOL*

Sweet! Will order a few of them up!...

*wife is going to hate me with all the new shit I am buying when I told her I will wait for the V85...LOL*

Being visible makes sure you come home in one piece at the end of the day. So that in itself should be a good enough reason, haha... Hope it helps.

I used this for the turn signals, front and rear. The load rating is the same as the stock bulb, so its plug and play and its really bright. Its off amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018UWBPK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also,

For headlight: Cyclops LEDs off Guzzitech store

For brake/license plate light: 1157-WHP28-T: Cool White

For DRL up front : 921-WHP10-TL: Cool White of Superbrightleds.com - I reinforce the metal housing to plastic base connection with electrical tape since the bulb is mounted horizontally, lotsa vibration and not enough adhesive from the factory, and the led portion separated from the base.

Awesome info.
I just ordered the driving light from SuperBright and the Cyclops from Todd, and the turn signals from Inertia direct. That's a lot of money, but if it helps even one driver see me and not hit me, then it is more that worth it. And that's a reason the wife will support.

Last edited:
Back