• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Leaking tubed tire - can I ride it to the shop?

RandomGRK

Tuned and Synch'ed
I just recently received my V7R ll back from the dealer after being there for 5 weeks. I was so happy to have her back but as I get home, I hear a hissing coming from the rear tire stem.

I have a tubed tires so I try tighten the nut and loosen and tighten the core but shes still hissing. Even replaced the core. Tire right now is completely flat and loses air quite quick and the nearest shop is 2 miles away of slow city riding. I've never owned tubed tires so I cant patch it myself, so top get her to the shop, should I.....
  • use tubed tire slime
  • Use a co2 tire inflator
  • just try and ride her slow

I'd have to lay her on her side to do that and I'd rather not.

Laying the bike on it's side is better than crashing the bike. If you can't trailer or truck it that is the best option. Slime or something like that won't work as fast as you are losing air.

Don't lay the bike down on its side. That's an invitation to damage.
Call a motorcycle tow service and have the bike brought to the service shop.

In the future, invest in a maintenance stand that will allow you to remove the wheels in order to service tires. I have an Abbas Superbike Stand* that fits to the V7III at the swing arm pivot points. With that and a suitably sized wooden crate (and a friend to help), I can get both wheels off the bike so I can carry them in to the tire place when I need tires fitted. It saves a bit of money on the tire fitting and allows me to do any needed maintenance easily.

* The Moto Guzzi V7 is not listed on the Abbas Superbike Stand compatible list, but the folks at Abbas informed me that the fitting kit for the Ducati Multistrada 1200 from 2014 fits the V7 well. I've acquired one and tested it: they are correct.

G

Or try a pit bull. https://www.pit-bull.com/makes-and-models/moto-guzzi-motorcycles/moto-guzzi-v7-racer They also have the pin for the front lift system.

This is aside from the main thrust of the thread, but I thought it worth mentioning.

I sent a query to Pit Bull about their V7 rear stand because the website lists incompatibility with the V7III. Their response was as follows:

Charlie went to the dealership to test-fit the V7iii and decided that the existing stand would work fine if the charcoal canister was moved out of the way. He didn't think that there was a good alternative aside from that, so we have not updated the stand or designed a new one for the V7iii models.
Yet another nail in the coffin of that darn EVAP system. :D

I have the Pit Bull stand for my V7-III Racer, and with the charcoal canister relocated, it works great.

Back