• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

aftermarket exhausts

I heard that exhaust at a meet yesterday and while it was nice it isn't what I'm looking for. It was too poppy and raspy, I was looking for something a bit deeper and throbby. Any suggestions?
Sorry my friend, doubt your heard mine. Mine are the deepest and throbbiest out there.
Otherwise, nope, best of luck.

I heard that exhaust at a meet yesterday and while it was nice it isn't what I'm looking for. It was too poppy and raspy, I was looking for something a bit deeper and throbby. Any suggestions?
Which exhaust?
There've been like a billion different ones discussed in this thread.

The GT exhaust is beautifully made and sounds great to me ... Heard it down at the shop in person two weekends ago. The sound qualities of the recordings don't do it justice.

But I like the looks and sound of the classic upswept Agostini mufflers on the Racer, and GT is an Agostini dealer too. The sound is quite similar to the GT exhaust, to my ear. While not made quite as well as the GT exhaust, I suspect the Agostini mufflers will last me a decent while.

(Funny moment today: I had lunch with one of my old colleagues from work. Cameron rides an H-D Sportster and one of their big touring rigs. Every time we get together and enjoy lunch, and I'm riding Racer, he looks at it and gets a jones for the V9 Bobber. Well, today we're outside getting ready to go and he fired up the Sporty before me. With a good exhaust, they do have a nice sound ... and Cam's got his set up beautifully. So I fired up Racer, grinned, and shouted "Rev off!" It only took one quick spin up on Racer's clock, Cam threw up his hands: "I surrender! Dammit! That little thing sounds just gorgeous! Sheesh! How do they get such a sound out of a little 750??" I grinned, waved, and motored out. :D )

G

Last edited:
My full system with Todd's GP Megs sounds like a '70s Ducati with Contis. A beautiful rumble.

Yes, indeed! Very similar to my Ducati 750GT and 750 Sport motorcycles' spring valve motors. :D

I loved those old bevel-driver Ducs! I had three which became four: a 750GT that I toured all over the USA with, several times; then a 750 Sport that I owned for only a year. Then another 750GT which I first owned for two years, sold, bought back a decade later, then modified extensively to become a special named "Thunder"—combining the best bits of both the GT and Sport to suit me.

000 Thunder

This is Thunder, in this photo fitted with the very special Conti 2->1 pipe. In color, it is bright BRIGHT Ferrari yellow. :D

G

The exhaust cans on that BEAUTIFUL Duc 750GT look very similar to the Mistral shorts on my V7 III Special.

Paul

The exhaust cans on that BEAUTIFUL Duc 750GT look very similar to the Mistral shorts on my V7 III Special.

One can as you see it in that photo: That was a Conti two-into-one racing pipe, with reverse cone taper megaphone and just the barest little bit of muffler packing, that they built specially for me, to match my GT engine with Sport pistons, carburetors, porting and tuning. Yeah, I went all out on that bike. :D Every time I started it, it rattled windows throughout the apartment complex I lived in at the time. Thunder was a very apt name...

Here's a shot of Thunder in a slightly earlier configuration, with the standard headers, crossover, and Conti mufflers (2->2), the system just high-temp powder-coated black:

750 thunder

At this time, it also had some mostly-useless standard mirrors fitted (I can never see anything but my shoulders with these mirrors). I'd set it up this way for a trip since I could change the oil without having to drop the 2->1 pipe. :)

Thunder was a wonderful motorcycle: A labor of passion and madness to put into a beat up, 20 year old bike. It finally moved beyond the circle of my friends about 8 to 10 years ago and as far as I know is still happily shaking people's windows somewhere up in Idaho on warm summer evenings. :D

One can as you see it in that photo: That was a Conti two-into-one racing pipe, with reverse cone taper megaphone and just the barest little bit of muffler packing, that they built specially for me, to match my GT engine with Sport pistons, carburetors, porting and tuning. Yeah, I went all out on that bike. :D Every time I started it, it rattled windows throughout the apartment complex I lived in at the time. Thunder was a very apt name...

Here's a shot of Thunder in a slightly earlier configuration, with the standard headers, crossover, and Conti mufflers (2->2), the system just high-temp powder-coated black:

View attachment 14936

At this time, it also had some mostly-useless standard mirrors fitted (I can never see anything but my shoulders with these mirrors). I'd set it up this way for a trip since I could change the oil without having to drop the 2->1 pipe. :)

Thunder was a wonderful motorcycle: A labor of passion and madness to put into a beat up, 20 year old bike. It finally moved beyond the circle of my friends about 8 to 10 years ago and as far as I know is still happily shaking people's windows somewhere up in Idaho on warm summer evenings. :D
Man thats a beautiful bike. I went ahead and just got the reverse cones from Todd.

Those BAAK exhausts make my heart ache every time I see them. One day maybe....

OR, if Todd ever comes out with something that looks similar enough, the debate will be settled. I think I'd trust Todd's mufflers more in regards to performance and sound, but those BAAKs just look so damn good.

I must admit, the one thing I personally don’t like about the v7iii is the double walled exhaust — just feels like so much extra useless metal and weight. Would love to replace with full agostini pipes (i.e. headers, crossover, and silencers). As far as I can tell, however, they don’t seem to be making headers and crossover for the iii yet. Anyone know, based on past experience, if they are likely to make these, and just need to wait? Or did they drop them for lack of interest? Maybe they do custom?

And before you say it, I know there are other beautiful options to consider (including GT), but the one thing I like about the agostinis are the noise dampeners. Living in a multi-unit house/apartment with a communal garage, I really don’t want to blow-out the neighbors (or set off car alarms). Even with the noise dampeners I have concerns.

Last edited:
OR, if Todd ever comes out with something that looks similar enough, the debate will be settled. I think I'd trust Todd's mufflers more in regards to performance and sound, but those BAAKs just look so damn good.
I can build something similar, just know they will be quite loud like BAAKs system. Contact me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

And before you say it, I know there are other beautiful options to consider (including GT), but the one thing I like about the agostinis are the noise dampeners. Living in a multi-unit house/apartment with a communal garage, I really don’t want to blow-out the neighbors (or set off car alarms). Even with the noise dampeners I have concerns
You should go post on their Forum. ;)
Seriously though, I can make a set of mufflers as quiet as you want them to be. Just know on mine, they would be a permanent solution (non-removable), as all of the "known" muffler suppliers have pretty poor quality and will crack and fall apart in time (if that matters to you). I know because (as stated dozens of times here), I've repaired them over and over, and it's what led to me building my own to offer.

I'm very happy with how the Agostini mufflers look and sound (I've left the DB-killers in, given the way it pulls now with the ECU remap that Todd created, the additional noise simply wouldn't be warranted by the improvement). The fact that the headers and crossover are double walled does increase their weight by some, but it's a trade off: they'll last longer, their finish will not deteriorate as quickly, and heck: they're not *that* much heavier than single walled street exhaust systems ... maybe six to eight lbs ... I don't really consider it in the same way I'd think of an exhaust for a racing machine, which just has to last a season or two on the track.

If/When the Agos wear out, I'll likely just get one of the GT full systems since I know they'll sound good, are well made, and the ECU map for them is well proven. It'll probably be time for a different aesthetic as well. :)

Whether Agostini ever produces a full system for the V7III .. absolutely no idea; no point in conjecturing for me...

Thanks for the input. I’m sure in my inexperience I’m not considering all of the factors. My only reference is my stock v11 sport exhaust, which was single walled, simple, looked great, and served me well for 17+ years. A little discolorization over time, but just a nice patina, that always cleaned up well. I also assumed that their spring connectors would reduce the chance of cracking, etc. Much to learn.

I'm very happy with how the Agostini mufflers look and sound (I've left the DB-killers in, given the way it pulls now with the ECU remap that Todd created, the additional noise simply wouldn't be warranted by the improvement). The fact that the headers and crossover are double walled does increase their weight by some, but it's a trade off: they'll last longer, their finish will not deteriorate as quickly, and heck: they're not *that* much heavier than single walled street exhaust systems ... maybe six to eight lbs ... I don't really consider it in the same way I'd think of an exhaust for a racing machine, which just has to last a season or two on the track. ...

You should go post on their Forum. ;)
Seriously though, I can make a set of mufflers as quiet as you want them to be. Just know on mine, they would be a permanent solution (non-removable), as all of the "known" muffler suppliers have pretty poor quality and will crack and fall apart in time (if that matters to you). I know because (as stated dozens of times here), I've repaired them over and over, and it's what led to me building my own to offer.

The silent as I want option is interesting. I must admit the full 2>2 reverse cone megs that you make for the v7i/ii are pretty stunning! Btw... no disrespect intended posting about agostini products... given that you are an agostini dealer, and would likely try and work through you... was thinking that it’s probably ok.

The silent as I want option is interesting. I must admit the full 2>2 reverse cone megs that you make for the v7i/ii are pretty stunning! Btw... no disrespect intended posting about agostini products... given that you are an agostini dealer, and would likely try and work through you... was thinking that it’s probably ok.
But do know even with the stubby muffler it was not even close to the loudness of a harley and my current muffler I'm running it's not loudness I would ever worry about.

Last edited:
I was mostly joking as they don't have one... and none taken. All good.

I can build something similar, just know they will be quite loud like BAAKs system. Contact me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com
While I likely don't have the cash to do this right now, thank you for the offer and literally the minute I have the money you'll be the first person I'm talking to.

I have the BAAK exhaust on my bike, it looks very nice. If you go to my thread, I posted pictures and a clip of the bike firing up with some revving so you can hear the exhaust sound.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/my-v7-ii-racer.16712/

How is that Baak exhaust working for you? What did you do about the o2 sendor cables? Did you have to remap? I also heard about fatduc o2 manipulator. What did you do? I'm want to pull the trigger on the baak bobber exhaust but want more info. Please advise...

How is that Baak exhaust working for you? What did you do about the o2 sendor cables? Did you have to remap? I also heard about fatduc o2 manipulator. What did you do? I'm want to pull the trigger on the baak bobber exhaust but want more info. Please advise...

It's very good to be honest. I remapped using Todd's flash tool, and haven't complained since, I would suggest you go with that route. The exhaust sounds nice, and looks the way I want my bike to, so I have no issues from an aesthetics or sound point of view.

No complaints whatsoever from the BAAK exhaust, but remap using Todd's flash tool.

Back