• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Intermittent Turn Signal

Tomintoul

Tuned and Synch'ed
Morning all,
I was on a trip to the Netherlands and the Ardennes this weekend and got the warning that my left indicator wasn't working. When I checked it, it seemed to be working fine, but the warning would stay on unless I was actually turning left. Got back, had a look and sure enough, the rear left turn signal wasn't working. A slight tap and it works just fine until I turn off the ignition. I've taken the signal out, the bulb seems fine, there are no obvious loose wires, but every time I turn on the ignition, the signal doesn't work. All it takes is the gentlest of taps on the bulb housing and it'll work fine every time until I turn the ignition off and on again.

It's driving me slowly mad and from the look of the parts manual, these units aren't available on their own, otherwise I'd pick one up just to be sure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as there's bugger all chance of me replacing the entire rear light assembly just for this :)

Cheers
Rob

I would try a replacement bulb....I presume there's no signs of corrosion in or around bulb mounting point ?.. I'd also spray some WD40 etc in the switch on Handel bars...and work switch....could be some corrosion in there...

No corrosion around the bulb or the housing, but I'll pick up a spare bulb when I'm in town later, just to tick that off the list - hadn't considered the switch, as it's only the rear indicator that stops and not both, but it's probably worth giving things a bit of a lube and clean just in case - cheers Paul

Last edited:
OK, so I've just done what I should have done as a first reaction - swapped the bulbs over between left and right, and guess what? The fault moved with the bulb, so I'll be popping into town to pick up a new bulb and hoping that that's mystery solved. What a bloody idiot! I was convinced it couldn't be the bulb because it was clearly working. Just goes to show :)

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
While the bulb may "look" good, the connection at the base may have a small break in it that you won't be able to see while the filament still looks good . With that comes a change in resistance that will set off the warning light that the bulb is bad.

That certainly seems to be the case. Anyway, wouldn't you know it, not one of the shops in town has the right bulb. Thanks to Amazon, should have 'em here tomorrow, though.

Back