• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Goodies

Derek Rush

Just got it firing!
Approaching 50 years old is cruel and unusual punishment. Aches , pains and groans come with the territory , and sport bike ergonomics are not kind. My new Griso (2016 Rosso Devil) is my dream bike and gorgeous , but the hour long trek home in traffic hurt my pretzel'd legs and weighted wrists. Along came GuzziTech bar risers today , as well as Knight Design footpegs. Both went on with little hassle, a total of 30 minutes install for both. Sitting in the garage the benefits are instantly recognizable , and I look forward to a test run this weekend! The bar risers only required a little bit of wiggling of the brake lines to ensure a snag free install , and Moto Guzzi OEM brake and shifter petals have built in adjustment to lower them to match the pegs...smart!View attachment 14997 View attachment 14997 20180607 164111 20180607 164119 20180607 164127 20180607 164142 20180607 164152

I don't like hearing about this "getting older" stuff.

For the duration of my latter 50s and into my early 60s, I suffered with all manner of miseries ... disintegrating right hip joint, damaged left knee, arthritis in my toes, intestinal hell, AFIB ... blech. By 2004, it was too painful to sit on any two wheeled vehicle and ride, and even getting in and out of the car was a struggle. I stopped riding, both bikes and bicycles, sold everything, and knew if things continued this way I was done for.

No. G****m NO! I do not go that easily into that sweet night.

I called hell on the gods and went to work at it. Surgery to cure the AFIB, drugs and dietary changes to kill what was consuming my guts, a total hip replacement, knee repair surgery. And then I continued to gain weight like a balloon and had no strength, I talked to doctor after doctor until one showed some sense and did the right blood test, found my body had ceased producing testosterone due to all the traumas it had been through. I started a supplement program.

Within a week I felt life beginning back in my legs. I could still barely get a leg over a bicycle and had no strength to ride, so I looked at electric bicycles with a step through frame. That let me get on, the electric assist let me ride. And week after week, I pushed through the pain and the misery until my legs started to be strong enough to get on and off the regular way easily. I then bought a different electric bike that I liked riding more, and I made a determined effort to ride it every day I could, starting at three miles per ride. My weight hit the datum high point and stopped increasing. My daily ride went up to five, then eight, then ten miles. Weight started to drop. I felt better ... not good yet, but like there was some life left in me.

My partner saw me watching motoGP racing in Spring 2017. I was crying. "What's eating you?" he said. "I want to do it, not watch it!"

"Buy yourself a motorcycle and go do it, silly."

I thought I should buy myself something gentle and sit up because of all the trauma. I did. I hated it. I'd always ridden sport and sport touring bikes: a sit up bike killed my butt and my back. After three months trying to make that thing work for me, I traded it for the V7III Racer. One ride on the Racer and I was in love with it. I remember the day I did the swap ... the ride up to the shop on the other bike was so freekin' painful I was ready to toss it in the dumpster if they weren't going to take the trade. The ride back on Racer ... I could have tripled my ride distance and not even broken a sweat. It didn't hurt, but it took effort.

I continue to ride a bicycle every day. After last January, I realized I didn't need an electric assist anymore and bought/built up a carbon bike that I'm absolutely gaga over. I ride every day I can now, at least 15-20 miles, and stop only for lack of time or place to go. Re-learning how to ride a motorcycle has taken a bit more time and effort, but I'm getting there. I did a four hundred mile day from home to Guzzitech to install Racer's new wheels, tires, and suspension upgrade ... I wasn't even tired. And another four hundred mile day home. I'm relearning how to make it fly through the twisties. I love to ride, anything on two wheels.

Since the datum, I've lost 65 lbs on the scale. My quadriceps are five and a half inches larger in circumference and my legs are flexible and strong. My shoulders are double the size they were two years ago, as well as my upper arms. My fat butt and belly are getting smaller, and I can move, I can think clearly.

Age takes its toll, but I will call hell on the gods and rage at them until my Time is over. I don't intend to leave this wonderful life without a fight, and I will ride until I can no longer get my butt onto Racer's seat. Yeah, my body hurts sometimes. That reminds me I'm alive and that I'm nearly 64 years old ... which means I have to work harder at it.

I will. :D

G

Nice. I'm ok with the stock bar height and reach, but I could definitely benefit from the lower pegs.

I don't like hearing about this "getting older" stuff.
Age takes its toll, but I will call hell on the gods and rage at them until my Time is over. I don't intend to leave this wonderful life without a fight, and I will ride until I can no longer get my butt onto Racer's seat. Yeah, my body hurts sometimes. That reminds me I'm alive and that I'm nearly 64 years old ... which means I have to work harder at it.

I will. :D

G

My inspiration is of my riding buddies, Glenn. Retired Marine, 83 years old, just finished a 6, 000 mile ride from Texas, up the west coast and home - on a Vespa GTS300! Was off to some rally in Arkansas on June 3, so I won't see him until after the Fourth of July. I have my fair share of aches and pains, but if Glenn can do it, by God, so can I!

Nice. I'm ok with the stock bar height and reach, but I could definitely benefit from the lower pegs.

I'm running stock bar height too. And I appreciate the stock foot pegs too, I've only managed to scrape my foot off them once (I wasn't paying attention). Fitting lower pegs would just result in more scraping. No aches or pain, 70+.

Now with 2500 km's on the Griso, still have issues with the reach and vibration. Anyone here try the Rox risers in 2" with the anti vibration?
roxspeedfx.com/collections/adv-dual-sport-dirt-bike-handlebar-risers/products/2-pivoting-anti-vibe-bar-risers-for-1-1-8-handlebar

Nice Griso, Derek, with great mods.

As for aging, you are still a young pup!

I turn 72 today. The aches & pains that come with being "out of warranty" are just (daily) reminders of mortality ... and moto-tality. The only cure -- before toe-tag time is to do as Godfrey suggests, i.e., take better care of your corporeal self. My wife's in that pulpit and practices what she preaches; I am a frequent backslider in a front pew. :giggle:

Seriously, I have her to thank for getting me back to the gym a year ago, and the difference in the garage and on the road is near astonishing to me.

I am still one of those guys who doesn't miss many meals of the wrong sort, so weight remains a challenge. Yet, I now have visible muscles again that I'd forgotten I had, the medical folks don't have to call in the air-evac nurse to find my veins to take blood (!), and the my significantly improved upper-body and leg strength make a noticeable improvement in motorcycling and other aspects of life.

I am not suggesting that I am or feel 18 again, but 48, mebbe. :party:

And, before I forget, some of the "scenery" at the gym is inspiring, too. ;)

Billa

P.S. One knows one is "older" less from the usual things, discussed above, than from the fact that my "birthday present" that UPS brings today -- actually, only a serendipitous coincidence -- a new dishwasher, makes me grin almost as much as moto-toys do. :clap:

^^^^^^

If I were told I had to lift that, I'd just grab that noose above you and hang myself! :giggle:

Kidding aside, that's impressive. One of our daughters -- in her mid-40's -- lifts weights and does Crossfit in a seriously competitive way. She's looks stupendous but I say "Yes, Ma'am" to her lest she kick my ssa. :giggle:

Bill

Back