• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM CNC V7 Givi TankLock Bag Rings

wthammond

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
OK here's how I attached the GT CNC lock ring - https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-v7-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring - to my 2015 V7:

1. Remove the gas cap and place a towel in the filler neck to avoid anything getting in there. Then remove the bolts holding in the cap ring. Note the orientation of the notch in the retaining ring of for the filler cap. It should run in line with the bike, or else your key will run perpendicular to the bike when you lock it. Unless you want it that way.

3CBF1324 6B2B 42E3 B765 F98E0B5E4CF2

310D99D5 E7CE 4317 B852 4061105964A5

2. Remove and carefully place it upside down.

0E2BB6AB F5FF 410A A128 C60CC439D0EE

3. Remove this o-ring and save it. It is not used in this installation, but you'll need if you remove the Givi ring later.

09620714 F661 46AB 8BBD 70474BAD79E0

4. Turn the tank ring over and place it in the Givi ring, orienting the 'notch' towards the rider.

IMG 0555

5. Reinstall the assembly, and replace the bolts on the tank ring. Put the bag on the mount before you tighten the filler neck retaining screws. Orient it to your taste, in this pic is a little crooked, so I fixed it. Then remove it and tighten the screws in a star pattern. Not sure of a torque setting here, but don't go crazy with it.

E0E0DC8C F9D2 43DE 99DA D87787F32EF0

6. As you can see if you intend to tuck your Ram mount for your phone behind your flyscreen it's a little tight, but some fiddling with the mount points sorts it.

B3118BF5 FD19 4E19 AE83 CAD11EC3AB62

7. This what it looks like with the included rain cover on it. Dainty, but a bottle of Bourbon and a couple Topo Chicos are just a fit. What else do you need?

F8ED9C27 780D 49D5 A57F 1C5254362131

OK here's how I attached the ring to my 2015 V7:

1. Remove the gas cap and place a towel in the filler neck to avoid anything getting in there. Then remove the bolts holding in the cap ring. Note the orientation of the notch in the retaining ring of for the filler cap. It should run in line with the bike, or else your key will run perpendicular to the bike when you lock it. Unless you want it that way.

View attachment 12010

View attachment 12015

2. Remove and carefully place it upside down.

View attachment 12011

3. Remove this o-ring and save it. It is not used in this installation, but you'll need if you remove the Givi ring later.

View attachment 12013

4. Turn the tank ring over and place it in the Givi ring, orienting the 'notch' towards the rider.

View attachment 12016

5. Reinstall the assembly, and replace the bolts on the tank ring. Put the bag on the mount before you tighten the filler neck retaining screws. Orient it to your taste, in this pic is a little crooked, so I fixed it. Then remove it and tighten the screws in a star pattern. Not sure of a torque setting here, but don't go crazy with it.

View attachment 12017

6. As you can see if you intend to tuck your Ram mount for your phone behind your flyscreen it's a little tight, but some fiddling with the mount points sorts it.

View attachment 12018

7. This what it looks like with the included rain cover on it. Dainty, but a bottle of Bourbon and a couple Topo Chicos are just a fit. What else do you need?

View attachment 12019

wthammond,

Thank you for the reply and the instructions. My GPS is on a RAM mount on the clutch perch.

Are you using the 3 liter GIVI bag?

Regards,

Gerry

Todd, wthammond,

Thanks to both of you for all the really useful information.

I've add this project to my list.

I have a rather large Vet bill to pay off first before I can add any more accessories.

regards,

Gerry

Glad to help Gerry. It's pretty painless, and it's nice to have a little extra storage. I hear you on the Vet bills. No pets here, but 2 kids still on the payroll. In due time.
Todd

Any problem with putting tank ring right on the paint, or water getting into the tank without the o ring? I may put a thin layer of tank protector (clear sheet) on the bottom of the ring, don't want to go metal on metal paint.

Back