• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rexxer ECU Tuning?

Dave Martino

Just got it firing!
Anyone have experience with this tuner? Considering dealer install on 2017 MG California Touring. Looking to eliminate or minimize "backfiring" as a result of Mistral Carbon Fiber muffler install. Any thoughts would be most welcome and very much appreciated. THANK YOU!

I know most everyone doesn’t bother at all to look around on the forums here, even just a little. But when you do, you will see I offer many solutions in the online Store linked above under the Fueling section.
The Rexxer map is an absolute joke, and isn’t worth the just postage to get the unit to you. My kit is dyno proven.

I spoke to a person at AF1 Racing when I bought my bike and he didn't recommend it then. 2015.
Also a local shop had a bike in that was having issues after the Rexxer tune was installed. The dual plugs weren't firing at low speeds.

I know most everyone doesn’t bother at all to look around on the forums here, even just a little. But when you do, you will see I offer many solutions in the online Store linked above under the Fueling section.
The Rexxer map is an absolute joke, and isn’t worth the postage to get the unit to you. My kit is dyno proven.

Thanks Todd! Ok, so the guys at Seacoast in New Hampshire where i bought the bike...can they install your product and provide support? Not sure I have the skills to install myself. i just want to reduce the "backfiring" caused by the installation of Mistral mufflers running without db killers. I'm complete newbie to MG, so forgive my lack of knowledge!

I did my own install of the full GT-Rx fuelling kit a few years ago. There are detailed instructions with photos to guide you. The skillset required is pretty standard, meaning as long as you work carefully and take your time, it is not difficult. You will do much better than cure backfiring. The improvement is startling.

Stephen

I did my own install of the full GT-Rx fuelling kit a few years ago. There are detailed instructions with photos to guide you. The skillset required is pretty standard, meaning as long as you work carefully and take your time, it is not difficult. You will do much better than cure backfiring. The improvement is startling.

Stephen
That's great info Stephen! Can you please share exactly which unit you purchased? Again, I'm completely new to MG, so big learning curve for me. Thanks!

I also fitted the same kit as many others here (PCV + AT 300 + Flash Tool ) (see https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-pc-v-at300-ecu-flash-tool/ for the product and here for the installation instructions https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...nstall-how-to-for-your-california-1400.13264/).

Not only does it liberate more power across the board, it really smooths out the delivery at lower RPM ( <2500) and cures the backfire. I also recommend the "air box mod" as it's cheap and easy and makes a great noise. You can read about many of these mods/ideas here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/forums/cal-14-reference-topics-recalls.225/

What Paul said.
Go to the Store on this site, click on '1400' and have a browse.
You already have Mistrals.
I added Todd's Full Exhaust system.

Have a read of the links.
It looks a bit involved at first, but it is a methodical process.
As long as you take care with your connections and colour coded wires etc you will be fine. At the end, there is a checking process to make sure you did it all properly.

The best part is that when you email Todd to ask for help, you get well looked after.

I would advise, if you go ahead, to start the work when you won't need the bike the next day, that is, don't put yourself under unnecessary pressure to finish the install by an unreasonable deadline.

You will need to do some 50km rides and send the Autotune trims to Todd so he can check that everything is good. (This process was fantastic on my bike).

Stephen

I don’t know anything about Rexxer or their product so can only speak from personal experience. After installing the Gt-Rx fuel mod and running the bike for a while, duly sent off the Auto tune trims to Todd which were corrected (if required) and returned promptly if not the same day. Same as after fitting a BMC filter and modified air box, and more recently after installing V-Performance mufflers.
Would you receive the same level of service from Rexxer?
Although I purchased the air filter and mufflers locally!!! Todd has been more than supportive in ensuring that the trims have been calibrated to ensure optimum performance.
Not taking sides, just stating fact.

Back