• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Evap removal from a new V7 II

Maybe this will help.

Key tip for you is, that tube with the saucer should be connected to the fuel tank and hang, but remove the saucer bit.

You may also need a reflash, as the dealer may have put back factory fuel map

Attachments

• 6573687A-8066-42C7-B451-848EF936F0C5.jpeg
    6573687A-8066-42C7-B451-848EF936F0C5.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 104
I still can't see any canister. I changed the hose with the blue/orange disc to a new hose so no disc now. Both hoses terminate open under the bike now. Drained the tank and pulled the fuel pump out and everything's spotless in there. The mesh filter sock doesn't have a speck on it. The plastic portion of the filter appears slightly swollen like images of others I've seen on line, otherwise it is intact and no sign of a split etc. I ended up not changing it to the NAPA filter I have because the hose clamps that came with the NAPA are too large.

Put it back together added fresh gas and no change. Erratic idle, barely runs, won't take throttle, missed and popped with the yellow triangle flashing as I rode it out the driveway and back.

Saul thanks, yes the disc is eliminated. I'll eventually send the ECM off and have flashed if I ever get it running. The thing is it ran fine, now it almost won't run at all.

If it ran so poorly that soon after buying it, why don't you have the dealership deal with it. They should have at least some kind of warranty to cover this sort of thing.

I recon its a bad O2 sensor.
If it was my bike I would unplug the O2 sensors and see what happens.
The engine warning light will come on but I bet the bike runs sweet.
Then take the bike to the dealer and tell them to fix the problem.

If it ran so poorly that soon after buying it, why don't you have the dealership deal with it. They should have at least some kind of warranty to cover this sort of thing.

I bought it without any warranty besides they are a Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki dealer so I doubt their mechanics have any experience with Moto Guzzi's.

Jeff thanks for the suggestion I'll try that tomorrow.

Hey no worries if it is one of the O2 sensors your best of getting your ecu flashed with a new map so the 02s are permanently turned off.
I have a v7II and I put open pipes and had the ecu flashed with a new map about 3 weeks after I purchased the bike new 2015 and
I haven't had any problems at all.
Hope all goes well.

I disconnected both O2 sensors which didn't help unfortunately. Idles ok, maybe a little erratic, but rolling on throttle it bucks and misses and giving even more throttle seems to make it even worse. Acts just like it's not getting enough fuel to run right, It could be something else but that's the best way I can describe the symptom.

Low gas light is on could I wonder if I could have done something to cause that when removing and reinstalling the fuel pump assembly? It really only goes in one way though. I couldn't get all the gas out there was probably a gallon remaining when I worked on it. Afterwards I added about 1/2 gallon, then another 1/2, and another 1/2, draining my half full 5 gallon can of fresh gasoline and the light stays on.

Have you verified valve clearances are correct? If the dealer tried to do a service on the bike at 600 miles they may not be set correctly. Also the bike should have the heads re-torqued.

I missed it, did you plug the vacuum hose or cap the port?

The PO removed the EVAP stuff but I can't see any open hoses? In my first image just to the left of the blue/orange disc there's a hose that's clamped on to what appears to be a stud on the frame, and another hose right across on the left side near where the fuel line is (hard to see that one in the image though). What do those hoses serve? Could they be the ones from the EVAP that are clamped off in that way?

Have you verified valve clearances are correct? If the dealer tried to do a service on the bike at 600 miles they may not be set correctly. Also the bike should have the heads re-torqued.

While the head torque and valve clearance is due I doubt that's the issue I'm having as one day it ran fine the next it barely runs at all.

What's the mufflers look like are either turning color? This thread has similar issue talked about.
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/help-with-new-v7-special-dies-when-let-to-idle.15776/

Mufflers aren't discolored, yet at least......

OK good news! There's a MG dealer just 30 miles or so away in Accident MD and I went there today. Ends up my bike was originally sold by them in March 2017 so it's still under warranty! Taking it there Friday so they can plug it in plus look it over for something obvious in case they need to order something, then they've reserved time on the 22nd to actually dive into it as well as set the valves.
They checked the Vin and no service bulletins or recalls. There's an ECU update for 2016 Stonello (not Stone) that can be flashed to my bike. Mechanic heard us talking and came out saying he's had a number of cases like mine where it was a plug wire (not the cap) where the plastic cover pinches the wire. Anyway they sound knowledgable enough.

Thanks to everyone here for your suggestions, I'll post back when they figure out what the problem is.

Well that really sucks!
Have you looked at the spark plug caps like are they loose on the leads?
They might need to be tightened up.
You might even have a bad spark plug.

I've been riding for the last 2 days and just scanned this. this is a quit throwing guess's and just do what you did. do a complete 60 service by a qualified mechanic and have hid do the plug caps and wires too. all problems should be solved.

Earlier I removed the plugs (which were not much more than finger tight) and they both looked good. After hearing here that plug caps could be suspect I observed it running in my dark garage and didn't see any arcing, I know not very scientific but nevertheless.

I do basic maintenance such as change fluids, tires, etc., but I'm no mechanic. I'm just glad there's a MG dealer so close by and the fact it's still under warranty so I'll let them sort it out.

I did a simple bypass of the evap system on my 2016 Stornello leaving all the Stock stuff in place. I replaced the coupling orifice just before the intake manifold with a quarter inch brass coupling that I filled with Leadfree solder. I ran a new piece of quarter inch fuel line tubing from the front vent on the tank down to where all the other events are located under the engine. Easley peasy! It would’ve been a very low-cost modification if I didn’t buy the fancy German Knipex pliers to open and close the clicker clamps.

Update. Dealer called to say my bike is ready and it runs great they adjusted the valves and updated the ECM. When I asked what they found wrong they said just that the valves were out a bit and the map update but found nothing else. So whatever had caused my bike missing and sputtering so bad it wouldn't make it to the end of the driveway even at full throttle hasn't been found. Not really what I want to hear but I'll go pick it up tomorrow. I guess the main thing is it runs right now.

Back