• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil pressure light on 1200 sport

Ebb johns

Just got it firing!
Ok guys sort this one out cos I'm stumped .
2008 even 1200 sport.
Red light on dash and oil can from 2000rpm. Replaced oil sensor, put it all back together, bloody light comes on again.
Go back in and disconnect the the sensor lead. Start her up and oil light comes on at 2000rpm.
The lead was not shorting out cos I had it in my hand.
Gonna change the clocks next but I don't think that's the problem problem because why 2000rpm ???
Am I missing something?
HELP
EBB

It might be worth checking the oil pump before you change the clocks.

Some pumps have been known to fail. Mine did (2007)

Pressure checked all good, New pump £300 ish that's to much for a "maybe" gonna look for a short. Before taking the clocks of my v8 sport .

Are you getting any dashboard errors? These would tell you if the switch was working.

Can't explain why 2k rpm matters. If the oil pressure switch wire was disconnected then there is no way the switch could bring the light on, so it must be a problem in the dash. Have you had it misting up?
Have you disconnected the big multipin connector on the back of the dash, made sure it was clean and reconnected?

Thanks Brian,
Yes I've had the wiring block and cleaned it. The only code that comes up is 08 which = oil pressure., which I clear every time I start it. I've got the old sensor, which works fine answered that up with a cocktail stick up its arse and earthen so fooling the computer.
It's gotta be the clocks.
I know the code on my v8 clocks and I won't bother changing the key code cos I only want to use them as a test bed.
I got a funny feeling the lights still gonna be on.
Watch this space ,!!!!!!!!!

If you can find a blank without the transponer (cheaper) you can have that cut to the current ignition switch and will be able to start with the new clocks as long as the key (transponder) for the 8v is sat close to the clocks
Steve

I'm gonna swap the clocks not the ignition barrel.
Anyway that didn't work, came up with big service triangle which means there's something wrong!
Anyway everything back where it belongs and oil can still on.
Anyone know if there's any other wires/sensors that have anything to do with the oil pressure ????
I'm totally stumped
HELP !!!!
Thanks
Ebb

When I had this problem, like you, I swapped sensors which, like you had no effect on the big red triangle. I then plumbed in an oil pressure gauge to convince myself that there wasn't and actual oil pressure problem. I then swapped the dash unit (luckily I had a nearby service agent who let me try a unit hr had in stock) and discovered the problem was a failed dash. Many, many dollars later I replaced the dash and fixed the problem
Steve

Changed the dash, no different.
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to take it to guzzi dealer and get it plugged in , maybe the code is 'stuck" in the ECU even though the pressure sensor doesn't go anywhere near the ECU or maybe there's an update that needs downloading. ?
I just don't
I've tried ever.

If its a stuck code - disconnect the battery over night - that had the desired effect on my B11

To be clear are you getting the oil can or just "THE TRIANGLE OF DEATH"?

If TTOD check the connection between the sensor and wire is good and tight. Mine was forever giving a TTOD until I changed the end termination for the correct one that MG omitted to fit

As I said earlier check the oil pump outer rotor is not cracked.

It's mounted on the front of the motor, it will mean removing the timing chain, so a higher than average spanner technical ability.

Battery"s been off for 2 day's,
It's off to twiggers on the 4th Sep.
I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the rev counter sensor, because that tells the oil sensor when to start monitoring ?.?
it's the only thing I haven't checked, because the needle on the rev's move .
Very very confused.
Don't want to start going into the pump only to find out I haven't got the right bit of kit to take the last bit off !!!!
Anyway I got good pressure .
Maybe it is the clocks.
Duck knows

I had a similar sort of problem and it was the inner sump gasket gone near the pickups. its not too much trouble to check this

Back