• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Feedback on exhaust/muffler options for V7iii..?

Ok, a question on a similar issue. My new V7II racer only has 220km on it. Is it too soon to put my new Agostini mufflers on it? Should I wait for the 1,000km service? Comments appreciated and sorry for hijacking your posts Maj Steve Trevor :) Didn't know where else to put this, I am a virgin with regard to forums and posts :) :) hahaha.

I did the EVAP disable, the remap, then mufflers, then SAS disable, then suspension/wheels/tires upgrades as soon as could be arranged. I saw no point to waiting around, my dealer didn't care regards the service and warranty, but some things took had to be ordered to be done, which took a little time. :D

I did the EVAP disable, the remap, then mufflers, then SAS disable, then suspension/wheels/tires upgrades as soon as could be arranged. I saw no point to waiting around, my dealer didn't care regards the service and warranty, but some things took had to be ordered to be done, which took a little time. :D
Thanks very much for your informative reply. I will take baby steps :)

Ok, so I have a small dilemma, the Agostini instructions say, "don't force it', as you can see the bracket and hole do not line up. What is the answer? Perhaps loosen off the header pipe screws ? I am not a 'tool', just a pretty cautious operator. I read posts like this and at times think, what is this guy up to, but I suppose we all have our own specific areas of expertise, this perhaps is not mine :) :) IMG20180825174856   Copy

Ok, so I have a small dilemma, the Agostini instructions say, "don't force it', as you can see the bracket and hole do not line up. What is the answer? Perhaps loosen off the header pipe screws ? I am not a 'tool', just a pretty cautious operator. I read posts like this and at times think, what is this guy up to, but I suppose we all have our own specific areas of expertise, this perhaps is not mine :) :) View attachment 15474
Some gentle persuasion and a bit of giggling and they are on. OMG, how sweet. Thanks again to those who left comments.

Well, you could’ve bought GT Megs, which sound even better, and would fit with zero persuasion.
Those look like low mount Agos. Are you sure you bought high mount Racer muffs? Regardless, once those crack, you can buy the ones I offer here. Been there, done that, built my own to sell here. ;)

Well, you could’ve bought GT Megs, which sound even better, and would fit with zero persuasion.
Those look like low mount Agos. Are you sure you bought high mount Racer muffs? Regardless, once those crack, you can buy the ones I offer here. Been there, done that, built my own to sell here. ;)
Well, when I purchased these I was not aware of you on the other side of the world; or this web page. But I now do and will consider it in future. They are produced to fit the V7 Racer, and after speaking with the supplier here in Australia I found out that there is a small amount of adjustment provided for in the design of them to enable better alignment = better fitting. They are on now, took about an hour all up and (touch wood) happy so far. Thanks.

Well, when I purchased these I was not aware of you on the other side of the world; or this web page. But I now do and will consider it in future. They are produced to fit the V7 Racer, and after speaking with the supplier here in Australia I found out that there is a small amount of adjustment provided for in the design of them to enable better alignment = better fitting. They are on now, took about an hour all up and (touch wood) happy so far. Thanks.
Sounds like from your install experience and what Todd said that your supplier is pulling your leg.

Hmm. I don't think that's right. The mufflers should fit without any 'persuasion.' The Agostini 'Classic long' mufflers for my Racer I bought (from Todd, of course :)) slid onto my V7III and aligned perfectly with the muffler hangers. (Of course, the hanger bolts they provided were 6mm too short for the V7III hangers, but that was easy to deal with.)

The V7IIII Racer muffler hangers are a bit different from the V7 and V7II Racer; the mounting points are different, so it's possible you received V7III Racer mufflers rather than the earlier models for the V7/V7II Racer.

Sounds like from your install experience and what Todd said that your supplier is pulling your leg.
I am pretty sure this is not the case. The advice the dealer gave me appears sound; and the dealer was very helpful, even on a Sunday. Ultimately, the problem may simply have been all on me. The right hand muffler fitted straight on - no issue, and when I redid the left, same result. They are now on and thus far (touch wood) I am very happy with them. Thanks, and I appreciate the constructive comments.

Anyone have photos of a V7III Racer with GP Megs? I'm definitely in the market for them plus flash. Just anxious to see how it will look! I really dislike the stock pipes visually taking over the whole back of the bike.

As posted on the registry page, I just got my brand new V7 Anniversario, and of course am immediately thinking of possible mods. One thing I will want to do for sure, though perhaps not until after winter storage, is to switch out the pipes for something a bit smaller and bit louder.

I am sort of a goldilocks when it comes to sound -- not too hard, not too soft. I'd like something a bit louder/throatier than stock, but not something too loud. So I am interested in opinions from anyone who has or has heard in person any of the following -- where would they fit on the scale of "stock to super-loud"? Some have various models I know, so feel free to stipulate.

I have watched many videos I should say, which are helpful for sure, but hard to know how true to life the sound is. Thanks!

Main options seem to be:
Guzzitech (really like the GP Megs)
Agostini (shorty)
Mistral
Zard
Baak

Again, looking for something in the middle probably, throaty and cool sounding, without being ear-busting.

I have the Mistral short pipes on mine with dB killers in. It is definitely louder but not obnoxious at all. I have to start it up in my driveway early every morning and I don’t worry that it will annoy my very close neighbors. They are also beautiful pipes and with the GT ECU kit the bike runs so much better than stock.

I have the complete 2>2 system with the GPMegs from Todd. They're a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. If you've ever heard and early 2 cylinder Ducati with Conti mufflers, these are very much the same sound. I lovely deep, throaty rumble, unless you really get amongst it. Then it can sing Nowhere near as loud or obnoxious as most Hardly Driveables.

I have a pair of the stainless Agostinis on my MkIII Special. Louder, not loud, better mid and low range, way lighter than stock but I think the steel gauge material may be quite thin. However-I love 'em

I have the GTM GP Megs on my 820 BB racer. they sound amazingly good. They and are well rounded— not too loud and not too soft. At idle or in parking lots speeds, neighbors will hear it but its civilized. But at 4000 it becomes uncivilized. Then at 5000 it gets better. On and on. Just keeps giving. Its awesomeness.

Back