• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Improving tubed tires?

greenhood

Just got it firing!
Curious if anyone has used the Neuetech Tubliss system with their spokes wheels/tubes tires. They claim that it eliminates pinch flats, and the design seems like it might make a tubed tire patchable/pluggable in the field to limp home in case of a puncture.

Looks like they’re mainly intended for off-road and motocross use, but they claim it’ll take up to 100psi so wondering about street use.

I really like the OEM spoked wheels on my V7 III Racer (and I know how a little about maintaining spokes wheels from building bicycle wheels), but they obviously have drawbacks. The Kineo wheels are beautiful but not in my price range for the next few years...thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited:
https://advrider.com/f/threads/anybody-have-a-moto-guzzi-v7.835438/page-241#post-35533339
look at the vagrant1947 post. add a pair of napa 90-426 valve stems and kiss tubes goodbuy. other discussions here but I couldn't find them. My V7III has 5000 on this cure and the Conti radials. Feel much better about being a long way from home now.
Thank you! That’s very helpful. Sounds like a reasonable step until I can save up for the Kineo wheels. It would be great to be able to switch to radials.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/anybody-have-a-moto-guzzi-v7.835438/page-241#post-35533339
look at the vagrant1947 post. add a pair of napa 90-426 valve stems and kiss tubes goodbuy. other discussions here but I couldn't find them. My V7III has 5000 on this cure and the Conti radials. Feel much better about being a long way from home now.
Vagrant, I checked the link you quoted above, as I too want to use tubeless tyres. What's the stuff you're referring to here? "first seals all or similar name in a yellow tube ...". When I Google "First Seals" I can only get the history of the navy seals.

There is a risk in doing this. Tube type rims do not have a bead retention ridge like tubeless wheels. That ridge is there to help keep the tire on the wheel when there is a loss of tire pressure. When the bead comes off the rim, all aspect of any control of the bike will be lost.

Vagrant, I checked the link you quoted above, as I too want to use tubeless tyres. What's the stuff you're referring to here? "first seals all or similar name in a yellow tube ...". When I Google "First Seals" I can only get the history of the navy seals.

811qvaj-miL._SY879_.jpg

available anywhere. clean the wheel and the spoke nipples well. cover about 4 or 5 of the nipples (this stuff really flows) then give them a couple of hours to dry. rotate and do 4 or 5 more. this will get down into the threads. when all are done and have set for 24 hours cover it up with silicone gasket maker too. one or the other might be an extra step but it's not going to leak. I also used a touch of gasket maker on the valve stem gasket. buy 3 stems just in case you break one from gorilla hands. I balanced the wheel when complete and I used the gasket maker to seal over a weight put right in the drop center and I doubt the rim will ever need balancing again because most tires are pretty good now. At least the Conti didn't.

I'll ask the newbie question: What's the issue with tubes?

Fair question.

I have three Guzzis -- an EV, Norge, & Griso -- that, if ... erm ... when I get a flat, 90% of the time, I can fix at the side of the road with a repair kit and little pump.

Tube? Uhm. Not so much.

See my weekend in Tellico Plains:

i-PR5m3b7-L.jpg

Many calls and 100-mile r/t, and all wa$ well.

When I get home, I'll be looking at the solutions others have mentioned, above.

Best,

Bill

Nut'n wrong with tubes...… if you can avoid the hazards! :(

I ride a lot, maybe 20+K miles/year and prefer tubeless but have only had 1 flat while on the road in my 58+ years of riding. I know I shouldn't had said that, sure as hell today will be the day! :mad:

Paul

811qvaj-miL._SY879_.jpg

available anywhere. clean the wheel and the spoke nipples well. cover about 4 or 5 of the nipples (this stuff really flows) then give them a couple of hours to dry. rotate and do 4 or 5 more. this will get down into the threads. when all are done and have set for 24 hours cover it up with silicone gasket maker too. one or the other might be an extra step but it's not going to leak. I also used a touch of gasket maker on the valve stem gasket. buy 3 stems just in case you break one from gorilla hands. I balanced the wheel when complete and I used the gasket maker to seal over a weight put right in the drop center and I doubt the rim will ever need balancing again because most tires are pretty good now. At least the Conti didn't.
Threeriffic! Thanks Vagrant.

Back