• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Which model is it

GUZZI1302

Just got it firing!
Good wishes to all, can someone please help me with identifying my Guzzi frame #VU11117 engine #203894. I don’t know what route to take wether to restore or not? Thank you

Good wishes to all, can someone please help me with identifying my Guzzi frame #VU11117 engine #203894. I don’t know what route to take wether to restore or not? Thank you

Hard to go by just numbers. Pictures would help. As to whether to restore or not that is a question for you. Anything can be restored with work, parts, and money. It depends on it's value to you.

For example, I restored a 1926 Model T Ford. I knew the cost to restore would be more than the retail value when finished even though I did as much of the work as I could (I didn't have the equipment to bore the cylinders, pour Babbitt, and line bore and a few other things), but I drove this car when I was a teenager and it was my Dad's car.

'pour Babbitt' jeez i had to do that as an apprentice. not a skill i've ever used in industry, but kind of a fascinating process in its way.

'pour Babbitt' jeez i had to do that as an apprentice. not a skill i've ever used in industry, but kind of a fascinating process in its way.

I poured Babbitt in a T block back in the late 60s, but we had the molds to do that. I don't have access to them now nor the rig to line bore.

VU would denote a CX100, that engine number is in the correct range for the CX as well. Although the CX probably won't ever become as valuable as an 850 Le Mans ('76-'78) or European Le Mans II, I feel it's still worth restoring. Maybe with a few performance enhancements to the engine and chassis.

Thank you all for your input.

Attachments

• IMG_7716.JPG
    IMG_7716.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7718.JPG
    IMG_7718.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8913.jpg
    IMG_8913.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8911.jpg
    IMG_8911.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 25
Thank you all for your input.
Im leaning towards restoration but it will be a long journey at this stage of my life, i thought of selling it but how many chances does one get in this kind of endeavor. My first priority would be to turn the engine over and verify the engines function and proceed from there.

You will find Guzzis can take much abuse and neglect. I've seen worse brought back to life. The trick will be finding correct body work. However some may still be available new. Check with Harper's Moto Guzzi. They have an extensive collection of used and NOS parts.

Good morning John, thank you for the advice. Can you recommend a mechanic to help with the motor in the Miami area or Fla? Do you still have the Ford? I own a 41 Super Deluxe all original V8 Flatty with Columbia overdrive which I’m currently selling love the car but need to downsize.

Attachments

• 4F8E3729-5B7E-4C5A-A633-23ABF514E3FD.jpeg
    4F8E3729-5B7E-4C5A-A633-23ABF514E3FD.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1
  • E1700E46-68E3-4E2D-B3F0-E3DBEF185A79.jpeg
    E1700E46-68E3-4E2D-B3F0-E3DBEF185A79.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 1
Good morning John, thank you for the advice. Can you recommend a mechanic to help with the motor in the Miami area or Fla? Do you still have the Ford? I own a 41 Super Deluxe all original V8 Flatty with Columbia overdrive which I’m currently selling love the car but need to downsize.

Hi, Still have the T. It is a keeper and if possible will stay in the family. Your 41 is gorgeous. I love the flat head 8s. Wish I was in a position to purchase it. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Florida except Stan Friduss in Gainville. From what I've heard he is being very selective on what he will take in these days.

Back