• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Foot Rest to Foot Peg Conversion

ginkgo

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All, new owner of a Cali Touring, and I'm not lovin' the foot rests. Any thoughts as to converting to pegs like those on the Audace?

Thanks, Norm

AF! Racing did have a conversion kit listed for sale, but I don't see it on their website now. You may want to give them a call to get the cost. As I recall. it wasn't cheap!

Cost was around $1100 or so. You have to swap the lower frame rails, and brackets/pegs/linkages and all related.

Yea AF1 had put together the part numbers to convert it and sold the kit. It was like 1500 bucks or something though.

They should be able to order all of the parts to make a new kit for you. Your local dealer could do the same, from memory all they did was put together all of the parts off the audace. It shouldn't be that big of a job although I don't think anyone has instructions for it.

Edit: It might have been closer to what GT-RX said price wise, I can't remember. I know it was over a grand.

I looked at that as well but price wise it's way to steep when converted into NZ$. I will be going down the home made route. Time to practice my welding skills again. I'd rather put that sort of money towards better suspension.

Unless the kit moves the feet position back to "normal", I can't see the point. IIRC, the Audace footrests are placed forward like the floorboards. When I stand up on mine, my crutch is hovering over the tank!

I looked at that as well but price wise it's way to steep when converted into NZ$. I will be going down the home made route. Time to practice my welding skills again. I'd rather put that sort of money towards better suspension.

Did you end up doing the conversion? I may be looking at doing the exact opposite if I purchase an Audace as I will want to install footboards on that.

Ended up doing the conversion without needing to purchase a replacement lower frame. Buying the pieces as i could afford.

Machined up a shorter master cylinder rod and fabricated a bracket to mount the master cylinder on, to position it rearwards.

Required removing one of the two supports on the gearshift side mount, but reinforced the remaining
support to compensate. Can jump on it without flex .

Brake lever required some material removed from bottom to clear existing master cylinder mount.

I could have removed these but wanted the option to change back should i sell it.

Still no 100% happy so looking at options to move it further rearward.

F039410F CB43 4859 B52E 1A6370496B33 6FB15D94 9B76 451E B703 C6ECB0B8AD40 22D4422F 0ECB 4A81 96FE B0B8C89FFCD8 9D40C3EC 99F9 4CB6 AA43 F3AE9F19D386

Back