• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V9 seat options

Nathan Thompson

Just got it firing!
Alright, so I love pretty much everything about my V9 Roamer except the seat.

What aftermarket or optional seats from the factory have you tried and how have they worked out for you?

What aftermarket or optional seats from the factory have you tried and how have they worked out for you?
I've tried standard roamer and bobber seats for V9 MY2017+ in Europe.
These:
http://www.tlm.nl/webshop/en/seat-v9-roamer-2017-2-persons-2b004021000c1-moto-guzzi
http://www.tlm.nl/webshop/en/seat-v9-bobber-2017-front-2b004027000c1-moto-guzzi

Finally use solo bobber seat on my Roamer

Attachments

• IMG_0773.PNG
    IMG_0773.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

Since you are in the US, you may be better off with a custom seat made for you. King of Fleece on this forum modifies seats. A seat maker I have used is http://www.sargentcycle.com/ They want pictures of you on the bike and other information to make a seat designed for you. You may need to sent them your seat for modification but their turn around time is good. I also checked the Corbin site http://www.corbin.com/shop.shtml and they make a seat for the Bobber which may work for you. At one time they would make a seat for you if you sent them a pan. I don't know if they still will do that.

I have one of the Corbin seats on my Bobber now. When I ordered it, I filled out the height info, etc. that they asked for, assuming that would flag them to give me a little more legroom, but that did not happen. However, when I contacted the customer service, they sent me a work order reference and had me ship the seat back to them, with my request to move the seating area back two inches, which made a big difference. The Bobber is still no luxo-cruiser, but the modified Corbin made a huge comfort difference. I doubt I'll ever put the stock seat on unless I sell the bike someday.

D9DF0942 B786 4A15 876C 319532F0258A

The models from late 2017 have a different seat. I find it much more comfortable. Maybe a dealer can get you one? Here’s a picture of mine.

I have one of the Corbin seats on my Bobber now. When I ordered it, I filled out the height info, etc. that they asked for, assuming that would flag them to give me a little more legroom, but that did not happen. However, when I contacted the customer service, they sent me a work order reference and had me ship the seat back to them, with my request to move the seating area back two inches, which made a big difference. The Bobber is still no luxo-cruiser, but the modified Corbin made a huge comfort difference. I doubt I'll ever put the stock seat on unless I sell the bike someday.

Do you happen to have a pic of your modified Corbin Seat? Contemplating ordering one of these for my Roamer and a little additional room sounds like the way to go - curious to know what it looks like versus the image posted on their website...

That's a good looking seat. I like the way it transforms the look of the Bobber,

Yeah I wonder how it would look on the Roamer. I love the way the low-rider solo seat looks on my bike, but the Corbin would give me a bit more leg room - seat height would be up by an inch and a half or so.

Yeah I wonder how it would look on the Roamer. I love the way the low-rider solo seat looks on my bike, but the Corbin would give me a bit more leg room - seat height would be up by an inch and a half or so.
After I sold my Bobber, I sold the seat to a Roamer owner. He came and picked it up at my house and installed it right then. It looked great.

So when I needed to ride something more comfortable, I had been riding my V11 California. Now that I am attaching a sidecar to it, I needed to consider something more comfortable again.

So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on ordering a comfort seat from Moto Guzzi. I figure that if it is not comfortable enough for longer rides, I'll just stick an Airhawk on it.

The stock seat on my 17 Roamer had teh ressure points in the wrong areas; I was miserable. Put he Moto Guzzi comfort seat on and it s far superior!

20190628 162317

Back