• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 Restoration Project

Scott. Thank you for your kind words. Yes I discovered ACF50 last yar and use it after washing to protect some surfaces.
I have had teh fuel tank off over the winter to vent any ethanol fumes. I had problems of the tank bubbling on the previous grey one so I replaced it as part of the project. Just put the tank back on and went out for a first ride of the new year on dry roads. Really nice to be on her again. So smooth and aesthetically pleasing. Here is a shot.

28168332 10155378579043527 7150101558750716324 n 28468782 10155378579153527 6589462526277390771 n

Scott. Thank you for your kind words. Yes I discovered ACF50 last yar and use it after washing to protect some surfaces.
I have had teh fuel tank off over the winter to vent any ethanol fumes. I had problems of the tank bubbling on the previous grey one so I replaced it as part of the project. Just put the tank back on and went out for a first ride of the new year on dry roads. Really nice to be on her again. So smooth and aesthetically pleasing. Here is a shot.

View attachment 14370 View attachment 14371
Gorgeous! You have every right to be proud of your accomplishment Sir! I would buy you a pint and toast your success if I was there.

Awesome technical content all a bit beyond me but unless your a tree hugger the single biggest performance improvement on the B11 is a decat. The bike revs noticeably quicker at idle with a crossover. Now I only have bikes that are decated, had a Husqvarna, now deceased and current stablemate BMWG650GS. The B11 refuses to die at 100KM.

beautiful motorcycle and this thread is a great resource for all us B11 owners. gratitude to you sir!

Reactions: NPS
I took the valve covers off last weekend to check clearances after the rebuild with new cam and followers. The bike has done about 800 miles. No adjustment was needed. All tappets were spot on at 4thou for inlet and 6thou for exhaust. I then moved on to throttle balance. I still use a long u tube attached to each throttle body. Raising the revs to 3k I balance the fluid in the u tube by adjusting the tie rod adjuster. I then set the balance at tickover using air blead. Then repeat a few times so nothing changes while engine hot. Reset the throttle position to 4.5 degrees. Retest all settings to finish off.

I can say, at this time that this engine is the sweetest and smoothest Guzzi I have ever had. Slowing down for a turn and acceleration is so so smooth. I often balance the inlets but what I have now is a step up from anything I have had before. I love this engine.

Not done many miles (about 400) and I feel the throttle balance going off a little. I know I am supper sensitive to this over the years on various Guzzi bikes. Why have an out of balance Guzzi when you can have one spot on! I mean to replace/upgrade the throttle linkage which is the original. Those metal balls in plastic with push fit. Yuck!. I did try to get replacements in my rebuild. The item that came (rose joint in stainless/s) was not correct so I did not fit. A year on I have to do better. With such fine movement making a difference between so sweet and rough, the throttle balance is key to a lovey smooth Guzzi engine.

How much play in the linkage are you seeing?

I'm curious as there is some play on my B11 and I'm just wondering how much is too much

Also I see that way back in reply #73 you had the throttle bodies torn apart (I also see that the sacred screw was left in place).

Did you have any issues getting the balance all correct when you re-assembled them

EDIT
I should have read things in more depth as I see that you did adjust the sacred screw at a later stage:blush:
Any pointers as I bought mine already messed with (before I knew better) and have spent a bunch of time trying to get it "just so"

Cheers

Last edited:
How much play in the linkage are you seeing?

I'm curious as there is some play on my B11 and I'm just wondering how much is too much

Also I see that way back in reply #73 you had the throttle bodies torn apart (I also see that the sacred screw was left in place).

Did you have any issues getting the balance all correct when you re-assembled them

EDIT
I should have read things in more depth as I see that you did adjust the sacred screw at a later stage:blush:
Any pointers as I bought mine already messed with (before I knew better) and have spent a bunch of time trying to get it "just so"

Cheers
Sorry for the delay in gettting back. I set the butterfly position with the sacred screw to a specific angle. There is a post somewhere I cant remember I think it is in the CARC forum. A member worked out the dimensions and measurements to place the butterfly at 4.5 degrees. I followed the instructions and tried half a turn either way to get the sacred screw adjustment. Worked for me.

Cheers NPS

I've read that thread, plus by now every other on the subject on the 'tinterweb I think!

I got delayed from my post diagnosing a dying cam sensor that made everything go wappy, but "hopefully" I've got mine dialed in now!!

If it get out on it tomorrow I'll find out

PS
A month or so back I'm sure I saw you riding into Helmsley - there aren't too many Orange B11s out there!! I was in my Octavia Estate so invisible ;)

Reactions: NPS
I thought I would give an update a year on.
I have become a dry weather biker for the first time in my 40 years riding. Trying to maintain the new like finish is hard work and water doesn't help!
I have issues with the front forks making a clonking noise over bumps which is discussed in a separate thread.
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/clonk-sound-from-front-forks.18973/
Cheers NPS

I've read that thread, plus by now every other on the subject on the 'tinterweb I think!

I got delayed from my post diagnosing a dying cam sensor that made everything go wappy, but "hopefully" I've got mine dialed in now!!

If it get out on it tomorrow I'll find out

PS
A month or so back I'm sure I saw you riding into Helmsley - there aren't too many Orange B11s out there!! I was in my Octavia Estate so invisible ;)
Yes been to Helmsley three times in last two months. Probably a Sunday. I'm moving down south to Gloucestershire in December for family reasons. I will miss north Yorkshire's wonderful roads. Been here 12 years. But back to rides in the Cotswolds and Herefordshire.

I thought I would give an update a year on.
I have become a dry weather biker for the first time in my 40 years riding. Trying to maintain the new like finish is hard work and water doesn't help!
I have issues with the front forks making a clonking noise over bumps which is discussed in a separate thread.
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/clonk-sound-from-front-forks.18973/

Yes been to Helmsley three times in last two months. Probably a Sunday. I'm moving down south to Gloucestershire in December for family reasons. I will miss north Yorkshire's wonderful roads. Been here 12 years. But back to rides in the Cotswolds and Herefordshire.

We've just bought a static caravan near Scarborough so I looking forward to exploring the North Yorks roads over the next few years

Good luck in Gloucestershire

Back