• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace seat

Max Aerts

Just got it firing!
Hello Everyone
I’m a happy owner of a red Audace
I love it but its ergonomy isn’t the best for me so I went through few adjustments :
- installing the bars of the Audace Carbon : compatible but need to pierce holes for the commands as there is a difference between old and new ones
- installing the sport screen of the custom: a bit of work as it is required to create a support to attach the screen somewhere (under the instruments for me and keeping in addition the standard screen brackets). I can post pictures in case someone is interested

Now comes the question of the seat
I do not find a maker who produces a replacement seat. Pity
I’m then looking at the sisters of the Audace
I have read somewhere that the double (comfort) seat of the custom/touring cannot be installed because if the different side panels. This seems a bit odd to me but maybe... Anyone tried?

What about the MGX-21?
I see the optional carbon side panels (ref 2S000696) are compatible with the Audace
First question: has someone tried to install them on an audace?
Second question: if these side panels are similar/compatible, I wonder if the MGX driver seat is compatible with the Audace
Has someone an idea ?

Many thx in advance

Haven't seen that about the Custom/Touring seats. Can you remember where? I have 2014 Custom seat for sale, and would like to know if it would work on the Audace...

Jim

FWIW I fit the driver comfort seat from the MGX 21 onto my Eldorado the rear bolster is about an inch shorter but otherwise its quite similar, the foam in the comfort seat is also more dense so it offers a stiffer seating area that means for me its more comfortable.
The stock Eldo seat has foam that rwally soft and it makes for a spongy ride
I am still looking for a Corbin seat and heard that Corbin now makes a solo seat for the MGX21 if this is true then this Corbin seat could be a drop on fit for the Eldorado.

Thats a nice how much?
did you have to send them your ol;d seat or just order this one?
Did you take them the/ your bike?

I actually took the bike to the factory in Hollister CA. The crew there had it for a few weeks. (Close to the holidays). Since it was the first MGX they had experienced they did not charge me a dime. Plus got to BS with Mike Corbin himself. But I did purchase a seat for my Griso while there and it is excellent also.

So here is the full story !
I´ve just bought a touring comfort seat and here is the difference between the Audace one (right) and the touring one (left with the white sticker)
The big difference comes from the rubber mounts on the front (well not the ones close to the tank, but the row behind): they are wider positionned + a bit more on the rear compared to the Audace
Actually the touring second row rubbers sit diectly on the frame (see pic)
The ones of the Audace sit on small additional support (see pic + see the yellow mark which is where the touring one sit)
The side panels of the Audace come over the frame tube (see pic), so the touring seat cannot be installed on the Audace directly
But ... I've cut the plastic support of the second row rubbers of the touring seat + installed standard door stoppers (20mm diameter / 30 mm height) and now it fits perfectly !
Look at the pictures and tell me what you think. I now have two seats that are completely interchangeable and my wife is now happy ! what else ?

IMG 5880 IMG 5881 IMG 5883 IMG 5868 IMG 5885 IMG 5886 IMG 5888

Nothing wrong with that.

I went the other way and fitted the single Audace seat to a Custom.
Required making new side panels up to fill the gap and support plates for the front rubber mounts

Hello Everyone
I’m a happy owner of a red Audace
I love it but its ergonomy isn’t the best for me so I went through few adjustments :
- installing the bars of the Audace Carbon : compatible but need to pierce holes for the commands as there is a difference between old and new ones
- installing the sport screen of the custom: a bit of work as it is required to create a support to attach the screen somewhere (under the instruments for me and keeping in addition the standard screen brackets). I can post pictures in case someone is interested

Now comes the question of the seat
I do not find a maker who produces a replacement seat. Pity
I’m then looking at the sisters of the Audace
I have read somewhere that the double (comfort) seat of the custom/touring cannot be installed because if the different side panels. This seems a bit odd to me but maybe... Anyone tried?

What about the MGX-21?
I see the optional carbon side panels (ref 2S000696) are compatible with the Audace
First question: has someone tried to install them on an audace?
Second question: if these side panels are similar/compatible, I wonder if the MGX driver seat is compatible with the Audace
Has someone an idea ?

Many thx in advance

I tried to test fit a seat from an MGX-21 onto my 2016 Audace at my dealer and the seat would not fit. The taper on the front of the seat from the MGX-21 is narrower than the Audace seat. That was really disappointing since Corbin is now offering a solo seat for the MGX-21, I had hoped to order one of those. I am now thinking of sending my seat off to Russell. Please post if you come across another option for a direct replacement.

Back