• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer - What and where is the TIP Valve

I "think" the tip valve is the valve that controls airflow between the fuel tank and the evaporation canister. If I am right it is a little cheap plastic valve that when it fails can cause the tank to suck in on itself (collapse).

On the V7's w/2 TB's it was on LH side just inside of TB, should be blue/orange color. It is free flowing, you can blow through it both ways, there is a membrane screen in it though.
Follow hoses from tank to evap you will find it.

Use the search tab above. You will find everything you need to know with pictures.
I truly respect your replies, I live in Maryland....do you know where this is? The closest Guzzi shop is 3 hours away. There is NOBODY to ask these questions. No answers....
I feel like a beggar when I ask for simple answers here. They might be simple to you, but very helpful to a guy like me.
Cut me some slack...…
I owned Guzzi's before most of you were born.
Why make it so hard?

Chris

I truly respect your replies, I live in Maryland....do you know where this is? The closest Guzzi shop is 3 hours away. There is NOBODY to ask these questions. No answers....
I feel like a beggar when I ask for simple answers here. They might be simple to you, but very helpful to a guy like me.
Cut me some slack...…
Why make it so hard?

Chris
AND I DID USE SEARCH.....
WTF IS "tip" Valve....? Nobody knows...…. I am supposed to delete this thing and I have know idea what it IS1
do you get my point???? But I NEED to get rid of it?
And why go through such a hassle to remove the EVAC can? cut it off and plug the hose ends? and throw away the damn thing. What am I missing?

Hey Chris,

I wrote up what I did to remove the EVAP system on this forum. I believe the "tip" valve is the valve between the tank breather and the charcoal canister, designed to prevent too much vacuum being applied to the tank. It seems to fail regularly.

My instructions are on this site somewhere in the V7 forum. Basically, there's one line from the inlet manifold to the charcoal canister, and another line from the tank breather to the "tip" valve, to the other side of the charcoal canister. I cut the inlet manifold line and plugged it, then cut the breather line above the tip valve and where it connects to the canister. That essentially lets the tank breath to atmosphere and eliminates the vacuum leak.

(Later on, I removed the inlet manifold fitting entirely and blocked it, removed the charcoal canister completely, and extended the breather line down another four inches and put a little sock filter on the end of it. Perfect. :D )

It's all pretty easy to do, and easily accessible when you take off the left side cover and loosen the rear of the tank so you can lift it an inch or two.

Once I'd done that, then fitted the Agostini mufflers, Todd made up a customized ECU map for me. This worked very nicely, other than that the secondary air system (which is assuming catalytic converters are in place) would cause the bike to pop and bark on overrun too much. So I bought Todd's kit and pulled the entire SAS out by its roots. No more popping and barking (well, maybe one spit now and then ... :)), and perfect running now.

Removing the SAS and installing Todd's blanking caps is only difficult in that there's not a lot of room to turn a wrench in there. I didn't take the tank off; I just loosened it up, and lifted it out of the way one side at a time so I could get to the bolts and hoses. Working very slowly, it took about an hour and a half.

The more of this newfangled junk I ditched, the happier the bike became.

G

Might help to know which V7 model, Some it's under trans and behind starter. It's better to get rid of all the extra lines and info Godfrey said.

OK, Evap is under trans, if you drop it down hanging by the hoses you should see on the inlet hose the blue& orange valve on the line. One line goes up to the 'Y' intake manifold, I would plug it or take off completely and cap the 'Y' port. Have to crawl under bike for this unless you have a lift.
It should be just like Godfrey said.

Last edited:
Cut me some slack...…
Why make it so hard?

Chris
Using the search tab is the best way to find the answer instead of waiting for it to be answered again. It's all been covered many times on here so if you take a few minutes and try looking on this site by using the search tab on the top right you will find pictures and discussions of what you are looking for.

Back