• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Exhaust mods and Cali laws.

Curious about this too. Has anyone here been cited yet? Wonder if CHP is specifically targeting modified moto exhausts more than before? My neihbor’s A CHP officer - I’ll check with him and report back when I get a chance. Curious what Todd thinks as So. Cal resident and purveyor of finely crafted modified exhausts...

Wisconsin along with others have laws on the books too. Modify the guzzi all you want and a cop will still think its stock sounding compared to a Harley.

Wisconsin along with others have laws on the books too. Modify the guzzi all you want and a cop will still think its stock sounding compared to a Harley.

Yeah I don't believe many MG riders will run into this particular problem. I'm always weary of encroaching laws. And I hate the idea of anyone not being prepared for the absurdity of this law altogether.

Curious what Todd thinks as So. Cal resident
I don’t know what to think really. Seems every January they roll out another new scare tactic law. There’s tons of these type laws on the books already. Each year seems nothing changes. Hope it stays that way.
In other states where I’ve seen “crack downs” including profiling and herding motorcycles, is a disgrace.
Many of the big brand exhaust companies here spend a tremendous amount of money for State approval... so this could get really ugly if nothing but stock is acceptable. Most of my exhaust are well below 95db when ridden normally, and most people think all Guzzis are vintage. Hopefully that keeps us off the radar... that is until the entire state is electric only (which new vehicle sales is coming for this here). It will be time to move when that day arrives.
This state is a gearhead mecca, so hard to fathom the day when internal combustion is completely banned here, but change is on the horizon it seems. Always a way around for the diehards. Mad Max, here we come.

Perhaps some residents consider loud pipes on public ways, a nuisance.
On some race tracks, however, where it isn't regulated, it is sometimes encouraged.
YMMV

Alex

Got to love GA, no muffler law. The towns make one to get rid of biker clubs that set up a clubhouse . I run my 700 w/36" strait fishtails, only cause I had them new sitting on the shelf and no $ for mufflers. Not loud unless you are on the gas or the freeway going 80.

Back