• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V9 Roamer England

If you're interested, I have a V9 full-sized windscreen for sale on Ebay. I also have a set of V9 Bobber bars!

I believe they do, when I went they had a H-D, several BMWs and classic Hondas. I would rather go somewhere where they know what 25 thou and 15 thou are for, gents with grey hair and greasy fingernails than a place where they only know how to plug a computer in. Anyway I will find out of course but I have no reason to think they will do anything other than a thorough job. The bike being new shouldn't need anything unusual doing to it anyway, should it?
I once took my car (a Subaru) to a main agent Nissan dealer for a service because it was a special November offer. I was going to buy a Nissan Leaf from them. They told me they hadn't changed the spark plugs on my car because it had a diesel engine. I said "I don't swear, but I cannot think of anything else to say. It has a petrol engine, go and change the spark plugs". They came back after a bit and said "Your car has a Wankel engine, we don't do Wankel engines". This time I lost my rag and shouted that it has four circular cylinders and each one has a spark plug, go and change them. They were afraid that they were unable to do it so I had to pay them for four spark plugs to be supplied and fitted, though they neither supplied them nor fitted them. I had to go and buy them myself and fit them myself in my driveway at home. I realise that a Subaru is not a Nissan but if they could not service a Subaru they should have told me when I booked it in. So on the principle that a main franchised dealer can a) employ staff who cannot read the 95 RON label on the fuel filler cap, b) cannot smell the difference between petrol and diesel and c) cannot listen to an internal combustion engine and tell by the sound whether it is petrol or diesel, and d) cannot change spark plugs with all their fancy hoists, Snap-On tools and central heated fully equipped workshops, I think I might even prefer to go to an independent chap whose entire business relies on his knowledge, skills and experience.
That is not to say that in this instance, my MG dealer is in any way incompetent - I cannot say that. I am very pleased with the bike - other than it would appear that the bike was not run before I bought it because it coughed and spluttered a fair bit before running smoothly.

grame - what are the item numbers?

The screen is this: 202562637566
The Bobber bars I haven't yet got round to listing. They're still wrapped up in the postal packaging. I had intended to swap them over but then moved over to the V7.

Thanks grame. I had a look but I think it is bigger than I want. What part of london are you?
No worries! I am right in the centre - just behind Westminster Abbey.

In terms of dealers, Central Bikes are good. Laurie, the mechanic, is really helpful. He's helping me get my pipes replaced under warranty on account of the paint coming away. Interestingly, he also said you can buy add on years for the warranty as long as it's correctly serviced and before the end of the two year first warranty cut-off. This was news to me. There's another dealer in Dalston that's started doing Guzzi V7s. Their services were not too bad cost-wise.

Last edited:
No worries! I am right in the centre - just behind Westminster Abbey.
Grame, I am very close to buying a Bobber. I live in Aylesbury and so we share weather. Have you felt the need for heated grips? If so, which did you go for?

Fred. Heated grips are a no-brainer - they'll be on every bike I ever own. They also mean I can use my summer gloves all year round. I had the Oxford grips dealer-fitted to my brand new V7III and they work great.

Excellent, thanks. I was doubtful because I'd seen (on other forums) questions regarding the capability of the alternator to support the additional load.

Back