• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone planning to convert their V7 Racer to std controls?

Michael Boeglin

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
before I invest in rearsets and clipons for my 2013 Stone I thought I would check to see if anyone was either contemplating converting their Racer to std bars and foot controls, or had already done so and still had the old parts? I would love to figure out a parts trade or buy your used parts!

For what it’s worth I did this on my 15 Stone V1.

Not easy. Here’s what I learned.

Parts numbers are all over the place. One dealer joked that it was because of all the wine.

1. To install the bars you will need to drop the fork tubes. As soon as you remove the front wheel on a bike on a side stand it will fall the f#uck over.
2. You don’t have to, but cables should be replaced. Standard ones are longer.
3. It’s way cooler.
4. The stock foot controls, for my frame, are too forward. I’d love ia set of ones pushed further back but those get expensive and the cost/benefit ratio isn’t justified as of this riding.

I’m literally searched the globe looking for the kit referenced in some catalog. I think it was a component of the Dark Rider package sold at the time. The main difference was if I had ABS or not. It came with clutch, throttle (2) and front brake hoses/cables plus the little metal key guard below the ignition.

A huge shout out to Chelsea (an old friend) from Moto Richmond who put in the time and had the determination to find what, for real, every vendor I could find told me didn’t exist.

Bike is for sale, but this is not a classified. I’ll track down an image.

Last edited:
Thanks! I ended up finding a great used set of Sato rearsets and bough the LSL speedbars from Guzzitech. It’s a perfect ridingposition for me, crouched but not eating the bars.

Thanks! I ended up finding a great used set of Sato rearsets and bough the LSL speedbars from Guzzitech. It’s a perfect ridingposition for me, crouched but not eating the bars.

I've been considering doing the same to my bike. Could you post a picture of your set up now? Really interested in the bar and how it looks.

Hi Poppe. The setup It looks the same on the Racer as on Stone and Special. I prefer the matte black bar from the Stone. The GPS mount is made by me for Zumo 395. Iron bar with some twists and four holes.

Styret

I've been considering doing the same to my bike. Could you post a picture of your set up now? Really interested in the bar and how it looks.
Here is my ‘13 V7 Stone/Special with added Sato rearsets and LSL speed bars. I am liking the setup, more aggressive but not painful for my 5’10” frame.

21586F1E CFB9 4B51 85BB 3DF42269BAAD DFC3C5AE 7520 409E 8A68 7217B4D3E5A9 89D4B6FD FD4B 45AF 91C7 3728FC30589A

Here is my ‘13 V7 Stone/Special with added Sato rearsets and LSL speed bars. I am liking the setup, more aggressive but not painful for my 5’10” frame. Adding the GT hybrid fork kit and Progressive shocks really helped the handling as well.

Nice. The Sato's are very cool looking. So are you more in a lean forward position with the bar and rear set?

I've been thinking of trying to get my bike to a more lemans style bike so rearsets are definitely in my future, and I think I'll go with clipons but many people hear swear by a few other bars here like yours.

I don’t feel like I’m in a sport bike stance like I did on my old Ducati ST, and I can see the traffic lights at stops without having to pull my neck back, but it’s way less upright than stock. Mostly I like having my feet back, that was a better change than the lower bars. I think clipons might be a little more aggressive than I’m aiming for. I do 300 mile days and that just wouldn’t be comfortable.

Back