• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Daytona/Centauro Swingarm

mg_sparky

Tuned and Synch'ed
Working on getting my Centauro road worthy again. Lubricating the swing arm is on the list of to-do's.
Advice on rear drive and swingarm removal appreciated.

I may be the last person on earth to not see this as an obvious procedure.

Thank you,
Kurt

Working on getting my Centauro road worthy again. Lubricating the swing arm is on the list of to-do's.
Advice on rear drive and swingarm removal appreciated.

I may be the last person on earth to not see this as an obvious procedure.

Thank you,
Kurt

OK ... it was just frozen from sitting, it's off will get cleaned and lubricated.

My plug porcelains on my 1100 Carby Sport when removed are brown & clean on one side & black & rich on the other side. Have 35k miles on the clock & she runs great & gets around 45mpg on a 200 mile trip (70 -80mph cruise in 4th gear).
Bike is ex USA & Iruns quiet restrictive cans (small outlets)
Comments aprecitated - fuelling or exhaust flow?

My plug porcelains on my 1100 Carby Sport when removed are brown & clean on one side & black & rich on the other side. Have 35k miles on the clock & she runs great & gets around 45mpg on a 200 mile trip (70 -80mph cruise in 4th gear).
Bike is ex USA & Iruns quiet restrictive cans (small outlets)
Comments aprecitated - fuelling or exhaust flow?

Fueling: Carb Balance and/or valves.

Mmmmmm thanks.
Had trouble setting the carbs balance last maintenance check but it runs smooth & responsive.
Had also Checked the carb slides & some wear is evident, may have to look for new replacements.
Will go & set tappets, do a compression check & see what I get.

Mmmmmm thanks.
Had trouble setting the carbs balance last maintenance check but it runs smooth & responsive.
Had also Checked the carb slides & some wear is evident, may have to look for new replacements.
Will go & set tappets, do a compression check & see what I get.

it'll run smooth out of balance, but the lean side will run hot and the rich side cool(er). I've gotten decent milage with throttle bodies very off balance but I did get oil temp faults when idling. Generally you'll be down on horse power milage will be a little down and it's hard on the valves.

Thanks for that - agreed, I dont want it running lean & doing valve/ engine damage.
Has plenty of power, runs smooth no hesitation etc. & idles nice
Have just re- set tappetts & inspected tops of pistons visyally by light & all looks good.
Will raise the needles a notch, re balance & see how she goes.

The start of my thread may have been a bit misleading.
Each spark plug is coated black (i.e. rich) on one, and is clean (dark brown) on the opossite side, & the interface includes the outside electrode.
I will mark the plugs & check their orientation when tightened, then take for a ride & check again before I reconsider my options.

The start of my thread may have been a bit misleading.
Each spark plug is coated black (i.e. rich) on one, and is clean (dark brown) on the opossite side, & the interface includes the outside electrode.
I will mark the plugs & check their orientation when tightened, then take for a ride & check again before I reconsider my options.
Sorry, I just saw this. That is not unusual, and I would not worry about it if it runs fine. That is fairly common on older 2 valve motors.
If you are curious, mark the plug orientation before you pull it. I would mark where the intake side is. Then pull the plug and you can see which side is which. I forget which is which, but I reckon you will see that both plugs show the same orientation of the dark side relative to the intake valve.

Thanks GuzziMoto, you were correct.
I just put some free flow Megaphones on & the first thing I notice is she starts up instantly from cold & can now be blipped with the throttle whilst lettingthe choke off; whereas b4 she would stutter & die & there was no way you could turn the choke off until it had warmed sufficiently to the revs came up.
Overall it appears to have significantly improved the overall smoothness in the lower revs, so Now I will give her a good 200mile run & assess overall running characteristics.
I'm sure the US mufflers (small outlet & very baffled) did not let her "breath", despite my drilling holes around the main exhaust outlets.
The big plus - Sounds like a Guzzi should !

Back